Reviews for Alexander Meets Barsine, Daughter of Artabazos
lori chapter 1 . 9/20/2013
I love it. The tone of your writing resembles Mary Renault's. Can't wait to read chapter 2.
PhaiFan chapter 8 . 9/9/2012
This is lovely. I like how you brought them from quarreling children to this. (but I can't help it...reading about Alexander with anyone besides Hephaestion makes me a little nuts).
julesba chapter 5 . 8/11/2012
Beautifully written, I felt like I was there.
No one has ever come close to this-truth.
I couldn't help it, I had to laugh once more...
Forgive me.
B
Norrsken chapter 5 . 8/11/2012
Dear Lysis,

This is most imaginative and beautiful. I can clearly *see* the splendour of the Macedonian Court before my Inner Eye. Queen Olympias seen through the eyes of Barsine is also most interesting. They seem to find one another. Little Alexander is another matter. He is most spirited and now he seems to be up to another clever and imaginative prank...

All the best wishes and many thanks for sharing,

Norrsken chapter 3 . 8/11/2012
Dear Lysis,

Poor Kleitos. He is a brave soldier, but he is not used to diplomatic negotiations. His trials even make things worse. Poor Barsine when she has her favorite veil ruined and her kitten called a Macedonian name. Little Alexander is no gentleman. :) I hope that he will not get lashed for all his mischief, though. It seems that Barsine and the kitten feels warmly for him in his punishment.

All the best wishes and manny thanks for sharing,

Norrsken chapter 2 . 8/11/2012
Dear Lysis,

I enjoy this childhood tale very much. It is both funny but it tells us also about things to come. There is bitter enmity between Macedonians and Persians even in these tender years. It was of course wrong of young Alexander to beat Barsine, but he was most provoked. Now he has his strong and astute allied and I feel a bit sorry for the yong Persian girl.

All the best wishes and eagerly off to next part,

Norrsken chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
Dear Lysis,

I enjoy this very much. Your young Prince Alexander is most endearing. He is clever and adventurous, also a bit reckless. In him one clearly sense the coming Conqueror. :)

Barsine shows him no respect at all, the ferocious kitten even less. :) It is good that he has Kleitos and Lanike for comfort.

All the best wishes and eagerly off to next part,

Geli chapter 4 . 8/11/2012
Your little Alexander is so endearing : I want to cuddle him - at least, when he's far away from any mud !
Deadrose144 chapter 1 . 8/9/2012
So it's a barsine/Alexander story instead of just friendship?
PhaiFan chapter 4 . 8/8/2012
LOL. I love little Alexander. This is great.
PhaiFan chapter 2 . 8/8/2012
Geez...little Alexander is a cheeky little brat, isn't he? :)
Troilus chapter 2 . 8/8/2012
I don't know, who's the bigger prat, but both are soo cute !
And the behaviour of Kleitos ... :))
System1988 chapter 1 . 8/7/2012
It is a very vivid story from Alexander's childhood. I can really imagine him behaving and talking thusly!