Reviews for Sailor Ecdysiast
chXenocide chapter 1 . 8/9/2012
An amusing premise, but if you're going to continue this then at some point you'll have to address why Ranma, or anyone else with this crystal, doesn't just put clothes on after transforming
Shadowelf1 chapter 1 . 8/9/2012
I thought this was delightfully hilarious. It was just silly enough to keep me rolling with laughter, yet serious enough to actually care about poor Ranma's lose/lose situation.

In fact, the current chapter makes me want to see Ranma mange to somehow earn a little genuine respect despite his 'handicap' in terms of public image as a senshi.

As far as helpful criticism goes, you might want to illustrate or present something where Ranma actually _needs_ the powerup from being a senshi. Stopping normal muggers is something he could do already, without any powerups, and still be over powered for the job. A special enemy for a 'unique' hero would be the easy fix, perhaps someone who wasn't so much 'all powerful' as they have some kind of unique power or defense that only Sailor Ecdysiast can neutralize

The only other suggestions for Ranma to solve her new problem have been covered by other reviews posted so far. But I think it might fit your work presented so far a bit better if the magic of the senshi uniform didn't really allow for other garments to be placed over top of it (even if there's technically nothing there). Instead, Ranma can use the sailor senshi's rarely used disguise ability to change the appearance of their uniforms to mimic other clothing. With that, Ranma could make her uniform 'look' like a uniform, but at the same time he would also have to learn how to use that feature, decide on a look, and then remember to invoke it before running off to 'save the day' . . . or night in this case. But that's just my spin on how to fix the PR problem Ranma's new identity has without changing the overall flavor of the story, which I would describe as 'embarrassingly silly, yet serious' in regards to the character's situation.
ijpowers92 chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
personally I liked this fic. it was funny and silly. and its the first fic I've read that made real use of Ranma's lack of feminine modesty.
J. Palmgren chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
While I understand the nature of the gag what prevents you from simply putting on some clothes after turning into a Senshi?

So silly...
Vld chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
Now, would a sequel be worth it? Well, i don't know about the other readers, but i at least think HELL YES! This is pure Gold!
The Wandering Soul of 1014 chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
A sequel is DEFINITELY worth it! This was hilarious!
demonianism chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
An incredibly amusing idea! And while I would definitely like and appreciate a sequel I can honestly say I can't see how you'd make it a multi-chapter thing. I can see a one or maybe two-shot that could be swung in a rather amusing fashion.

As an actual critique: you're quite right when you said you were lax in the characterization. In particular the confrontation scene would have done rather well with some fleshing out the view points (I'd have liked to see Setsuna's thoughts as she might have actually heard of the Ecdysiast crystal). Luckily, however, this does happen to be fanfiction and by default most readers already have a general idea of who's who. That doesn't mean I don't get a bit irritated when I see laziness or just poor writing however.

Also: the instant power-up is somewhat aggravating; seeing a learning process would have been great! While I understand there must be some inherent knowledge to activating the transformation, the instant (or seeming so) knowledge of how to fly and use the uh...attack? on the Senshi is a little...grrrrr. Showing the Senshi how utterly outclassed they were would have been a definite bonus though. I've often felt that they were WAY to lax about things, seeing as they were the only real supernatural line of defense for the entire world.
Ashar chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
Interesting take on a crossover of sort between Sailormoon and Ranma1/2 with elements of Kekko Kamen. Pretty original idea in both borrowed and crossed timelines, thing not to be looked down upon. Only once I remember something like this done, in the nineties, and it was a hurried single shot, while your story can and I hope will be extended.
TJG chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
If Ranma thinks a bit unconventionally, there is a way to make use of the "uniform" or rather the lack of it. There does not appear to be anything that prevents Ranma while transformed from either taking off the collar and putting on another uniform instead (preferably with a full breathable, stretchy, and concealing face mask, gloves, and full body suit). This would mean having to carry around the uniform in concealed forms like a more conventional superhero, though if Ranma is going to act more like Batman/Batwoman then this is not much of a problem since he would restrict actions as a Senshi to certain times and situations and be a super martial artist at other times.

As a thought, Ranma might want to experiment on whether the collar can display any particular properties itself. Even if it does not, maybe with a bit of practice with Iron Cloth technique variant (if she studied Ryouga's usage of it), she could use it in the same way as Sailor Moon does with her tiara as a throwing weapon or maybe as a small shield or dagger/short sword depending on how she holds it and uses the Iron cloth technique.

From the story beginning, it appears that there is only one ability (remove enemy clothes). Ranma might want to explore if there are any other abilities as well as what the exact limits of the ability is and whether it is possible to come up with variants. Things Ranma could experiment with are: different materials ranging from armor to clothing to the material in different forms that are not necessarily clothing, the ability to disarm opponents, finding out where the material that is removed goes (disintegrated? placed in a extra-dimensional space? teleported?), etc.

It is kind of interesting that Serenity is acting as Ranma's mentor. It is also apparent that she has not told her daughter or her associates about Ranma. It is likely that Serenity did watch the confrontation.

While probably not intended, Sailor Ecdysiast concept seems to have much in common with the concept behind Kekko Kamen. If Ranma uses uses super-speed to change uniforms/disguises (and maybe Hidden Weapons technique) Ranma could even do a fair imitation of Cutey Honey.
Janissa chapter 1 . 8/7/2012
LOL too funny, you did a great job of making a spoof. I love it and hope you continue with more chapters.
pavilion8866 chapter 1 . 8/7/2012
Sequel Please
Chaos Mancer chapter 1 . 8/7/2012
a nice start
AshK1980 chapter 1 . 8/7/2012
Sequel Please! This is an awesome story!
Ranmaleopard chapter 1 . 8/7/2012
Savvy Coyote chapter 1 . 8/7/2012
Write the sequel, please! this is just plain awesome!
30 | « Prev Page 1 2