Reviews for Phylactery
anonymous chapter 39 . 8/25/2021
this is an amazing story. Everyone's in-character for the situations they're in, and the storyline is really enjoyable. i hope you update soon, but your personal life comes first of course! hope you're doing well, wherever you are
Guest chapter 39 . 6/29/2021
I'd like Envy to be LGBT but whatever, I liked your story
alex1709smile chapter 1 . 5/3/2021
Absolutely loved ur fanfiction so far. Hoping u are doing well so far and looking foward to the next chapter of this story. However if u decided to drop it then that is fine too. Life happens and ur personal life is more important than a fanfic.

Thank you.
Ann-Sora chapter 39 . 8/2/2020
Hello! I just read your fanfiction and i absolutely loved it! I'm french but thanks to your wonderful writing I understood everything. I know one comment will probably not change much but please,do not give up on the writing. I saw that the last update was more than one year ago... but time is time so maybe you will come back one day? I know many things can happen in life, bad or good, and you can have plenty of reason to drop it. But your story is so good, your plot so interesting and you went so far...so finger cross hahaha. But of course Congratulations for your work and I wish a lot of happiness in any case .
Deku scrub chapter 39 . 7/5/2020
This fanfic is one of my personal favorites, the characters are on point and it seems that the next chapter may go deeper into the plot. I also wonder when Roy and his team will make an appearance, will they notice Lust in her new job, will Selim or Greed notice something is going on? If Roy saw any of the Homunculi, especially Envy, it will not end good. Hopefully the Elrics will him before anything happens. Anyway, this story is the best and hope you are doing okay.
Lola The Peacock chapter 3 . 5/6/2020
JEKJCNWHFCBNRWHVCBQWC DON'T CRY MY CHILD. PLEASE DON'T CRY-
Lola The Peacock chapter 1 . 5/6/2020
YES! This is officially cannon in my opinion, and nobody can change my mind. This was made like, 10 years ago but I love it!
ZuzulOs chapter 39 . 4/22/2020
I find myself coming back to this story regularly.
The plot, characterisation, worldbuilding, all of the thought you put in this is amazing.
I hope you're doing well.
Rimey chapter 3 . 4/17/2020
I wonder how long it would take for somebody to see where Envy slit his wrist and think he tried to kill himself again.
Rimey chapter 39 . 2/29/2020
I found this by chance because of some art I came across, and was skeptical about reading fanfiction as usual, but this story and the detail in it is amazing, as well as the thought and research you put into it. I quite enjoy the pace of the story, and the focus on the individual characters. I really like how you write the characters, and though the over-all plot may not be clear, every page has had me intrigued. Especially back to the sensory detail and the general story. The setting and the way you describe things is refreshing. And, like said, I really do adore how you wrote the characters and how you carry the story. It's the imple things, you know?
Ashes Writing chapter 39 . 2/18/2020
I swear, you deserve more Favorites and Followers. This fanfic is amazing and I commend you for putting this much effort into it. Hope you are doing well!
derpysauce chapter 39 . 10/17/2019
Bit too tired to leave a proper review so I'll have to do so on the next chapter :). I'll still leave a bit though

I'm really impressed by the level of detail and thought that has gone into the story. There have been quite a few times where I went "did they actually research that?" And of course you did.

One thing that did stick out to me relates to something you said earlier about characters only being as smart as the author and how you also asked for suggestions on what lusts plan could actually be. I get the feeling that you gave a hard time writing lust which is a bit disappointing. I think conceptually she is the most interesting character in the story being a wild concoction of being one of smartest of the group, being one of the most loyal, but also being one of the most understanding of humans, or at least being close to understanding their emotions. Her potential for growth and mental conflict is easily the greatest. I really enjoy envy, but I feel like his conflict could most aptly be described as him being a dick. I don't mean to diminish him as a character as his jealousy is interesting, but its not a very layered conflict for him. He doesn't *know* he can be happy if he just tries. Lust on the other hand is a much more crooked character with a deep seated and multifaceted reason for not getting humanity. This is really hard to fully understand and articulate as some smuck leaving a review let alone someone actually writing her. And this is not even mentioning that she is a highly intelligent individual who loves to scheme as a hobby. That's friggin difficult to write ignoring everything previous. Because of how interesting of a character she I wish she had been more prominent. And of course because I'm completely unbiased and definitely did not have as my favorite character from the 2003 series. Anyway I digress. I really respect that you have been able to write such a complicated character as well as you have.

Another thing that kind of stood out to me as weird is the amount of fluff. I feel bad describing it as fluff as the stories highly interesting, but I think that's the best way to describe it. There's a level of characterization that is necessary and then there's going way beyond and your pretty safely in the later. Your very efficient and very good. You have all the down time developing characters and having them grow which is great. Its why I don't really think this is a problem. Its slower and more fleshed out than I'm used to, but I do highly respect it. I will say that I worry about how it effects your motivation to write, but that's not really my place to say.

Last thing I have to say is just that I find your incorporation of 2003 stuff very interesting. Dante as seemingly the main antagonist is a cool concept. I'm curious to see what sort of motivation she will have/goal she wants to achieve. Admitaddly I will selfishly hope its jot for her to become god.
DayDreamer9 chapter 39 . 10/11/2019
If Lyra hurts Envy in any shape or form, I'll break every bone in her pretty little face.
Violetlight chapter 39 . 9/20/2019
Hey Shade40!

I just got back into the fandom like last week, after a break of ... quite a few years. I've been busy too - I had a kid! Anyway, great to see you're still writing (at least, I hope you're still writing, it's been more than a year since you last updated).

So I spent the last couple of days rereading Phylactery and getting caught up, in between everything else (work, parenting, writing, the usual stuff). I found the Dante bits a little jarring, but now that you introduced "Lyra" in Dublith, it's all starting to come together. I watched the 2003 series after Brotherhood, and didn't like it as much, basically everything past shortly before Hughes' death as "official" fanfic. I'm interested to see how you'll work Dante into Brotherhood's universe.

Btw, I don't know if you knew before, but this story is recommended on TV Tropes under FMA manga fanfic recommendations! Congrats! You really need to stand out from the crowd to make it there!

Best of luck with your future writing, in FMA and otherwise, and with everything else too!
Guest chapter 39 . 6/2/2019
Hello, random internet anon here.
First off, I hope you are having a fantastic day/night.
Secondly, this is. Hands. Down. One of the best fanfiction I have ever read in my 7-something years of being in fandoms. Beautiful descriptions, characters are on-point, and the humor is incredible! I really hope you continue to update, because now you've practically got me dancing in the palm of your hand for more chapters!
For now, I shall simply imagine the insanity Selim and the others are in for when Greed finally DOES go to Xing.
In my mind, he waits 'till Ling's alone (or as alone as possible 'cause Lan Fan protective af) then just saunters out of the shadows and says something like 'Well whaddya know, you actually became emperor.' Or something like that but with more sass and... well... Greedness to it.
And then Ling just straight-up tackles Greed in a hug and starts bawling into his shirt. Awkward or sincere hugs ensue.
But that's just me. Thanks again for a wonderful read so far!