Reviews for The Finale Story
Juliefan1 chapter 7 . 9/27/2012
I liked it :)
blackwidow73 chapter 7 . 9/25/2012
No name set for baby girl Hartley? Or did I just not catch it?
I definitely like this ending better than the original. Everyone's moving on and getting something that they wanted. And better yet, they didn't all sing Oklahoma.
Emily got to see Bob and their new daughter happy together, which I think is really cute. I love how much he loves his daughter. Then there's Howard and Ellen who are finally together, and moving to Paris. I'm happy for the two. Howard finally gets the girl he loves and Ellen is happy enough to settle down with someone and stop running away. Even though their engagement might be long, they'll still be together, and that's really what counts. I'm also happy for Carol here who is moving on from being a secretary. That to me just seems like a job that anyone would eventually want to move up from. Besides, I could see where it would be hard for her to stay in the same office without Bob and Jerry there.
I can see what you mean about a 90's ending, with everyone moving on all at once. Not just moving away, but taking steps forward in life. I like this too because it shows that sometimes you do have to give up being with the people you love to move on and be happier. In my opinion, it's healthy to change and start new things, meet new people. That doesn't necessarily mean that you cut off all ties though, which is why I'm glad that they are all deciding to meet back together at Thanksgiving time.
Are you thinking about doing maybe like a one or two chapter sequel? Just to show how everything worked out? Maybe like just a one shot or something of them meeting for Thanksgiving? Either way though, great story, I really enjoyed reading it. :)
Juliefan1 chapter 6 . 9/10/2012
Her name should be Maggie or Molly. I like Molly best. There is so much going on between so many people. Bob forgot thetax returns lol!
blackwidow73 chapter 6 . 9/10/2012
I really hope that Jerry is making the right choice here. I understand what he is saying, and I loved how he pointed out that Courtney kept coming back. I hate it though how she hurt his feelings and wasn't even aware of what she had done. It was perfectly in character, but it still bothered me. I agree with everyone else though, Courtney is weird and not in a good way. I enjoyed her and Mr. Carlin talking, and he's right, if he thinks she needs help, well then, she does lol.

I also hope that Carol is happy with her choice of leaving. It makes sense, everyone else is leaving and moving on, why shouldn't she? I liked the part where you had her wondering about her motives when she was trying to get Jerry to stay.

Now about Howard and Ellen, does this mean they are going to move to Paris? They really were adorable together here. Howard talking about Howie and asking her to travel with him.

And finally, its a girl! Lol even though Martha's a little disappointed. Bob was cute here, I'm so happy about how he felt about his daughter right after she was born. Jerry was right, he is going to make a great dad. I loved how Bob and Emily remembered the story of how Howard was dropped on his head and made sure to remind him to use both hands. It was nice though that he was the first one to be able to hold her. I hope they decide on a name soon too, even though at the worst time, he forgot the tax returns lol. Hope you update soon!
Womenreligiousfan chapter 5 . 9/1/2012
That was very good! I like how you really explored everone's feelings. You had some great lines also!
blackwidow73 chapter 5 . 9/1/2012
I hate to see everyone at each other's throats now. I hope that Bob and Emily get their feelings together. I can understand Emily getting mad at him, but I am glad that she called him back into the room. Something tells me that Bob is going to warm up to the idea of being a dad real soon, especially with Emily's line about the baby tying them together forever.

As for the fight out in the waiting room. It's certainly interesting to see everyone's views on what is and isn't acceptable and what they think about marriage. It was also interesting to see Bob and Ellen's dad's view on everything that's going on and how it has affected Bob and Ellen. However, I do think that Bob is a little more open minded than his father, and that once this baby is here that he will warm up to it. It was horrible of his father though to just not show up. It's kind of like telling Bob and Emily that he doesn't care.
Juliefan1 chapter 4 . 8/31/2012
This was great! Emily having to get everyone's atention, while they practically ignore her! Party at the hospital lol
blackwidow73 chapter 4 . 8/30/2012
I think that Emily is right in saying that she deserves to know how Bob truly feels about the baby. I don't think he was trying to send out mixed signals, but instead make up for the fact that he wasn't excited for the baby right away, show her that he would be there for her. I can also understand how that can be concerning for her, making her think that he might be forcing these feelings of caring and concern instead of genuinely having them towards the baby. I hope these issues get cleared up soon, most likely right after the baby is born and they can both figure out how he truly feels.
As for Howard, lol, I loved the fact that he took Ellen to Paris for dinner. That has to be one of the most romantic things ever. However, trying to get her drunk enough to say yes wasn't the best thing to do, but it seems as though it hasn't really hurt anything. I wonder if he is a but concerned about the fact that Emily and Bob won't be able to take care of him anymore with the new baby around. I know that he's excited to be an uncle, but I know that he is aware of the fact that they can't feed him dinner every night and take care of his plants and stuff anymore. Loved that Bob stuck him with the bill though. I can't even imagine how much he had to have spent on Howard over the years.
Finally, Jerry is really breaking my heart here. I know that he does love Courtney and that she has feelings for him, but Carol is right, if she doesn't understand that is feelings are important too, then she can't love him as much as she really says she does. It's like he truly loves her, but she just can't return the feelings to him. Relationships are about giving and taking, and right now, Jerry is the only one sacrificing anything so that she can be happy and do whatever she wants. She won't even take the time to actually talk to him about settling down and having kids, it's almost like she just expects him to agree with her sooner or later.

Sorry that this is so long. I just had a lot to say and a lot of free time before my next class. Please update soon. :)
blackwidow73 chapter 3 . 8/22/2012
You updated at the perfect time, I'm waiting for an email from my professor.

I sure hope that Carol is able to set Jerry straight. I hate seeing him get his heart broken over and over again by the same girl.

Bob is being really sweet to Emily. I thought they were really cute together in this chapter. He was really supportive of her, especially with that jerk of an instructor. I don't know if this is just me, but actually, they seem like the least selfish couple. Bob doesn't want to be a dad, but he is still going out of his way for Emily and is accepting the fact that he will be a father and wants to be a good one. And then Emily's excited for the baby. Selfish people would just choose not to recognize the baby's existence and hire someone to take care of it for them.

Something tells me that the baby might be a girl, but I don't know. I can't wait to see what Bob's surprise for Emily is.
Womenreligiousfan chapter 3 . 8/22/2012
I love how they are at totally different ends of the spectrum when it comes to being ready! This will make for a very intersting story!
blackwidow73 chapter 2 . 8/21/2012
I'm glad that Bob is trying to be happy about the baby, I still feel bad for Emily though.

So happy that Howard got Ellen to move back to Chicago with him. Those two need to be together. I can't wait to see what he has in that taxi though lol.
Womenreligiousfan chapter 1 . 8/9/2012
Wow what a nice story! Of course you would make Bob and Emily parents!
blackwidow73 chapter 1 . 8/7/2012
Interesting. I definitely think this ending is going to be a lot better. You've certainly got my interest peaked.

I hope that Bob warms up to the idea of being a father, at least just a little bit before the baby's born. I am also rooting for Howard and his relationship with Ellen. They did make an odd couple on the show, but they complimented each other, at least I always thought they did. I wish they would have at least explained her absence on the show rather than just not having her on there anymore. And finally, I'm kind of mixed about Jerry's situation. I know that Courtney breaks his heart every time and that he really shouldn't keep getting his hopes up every time, but I would like to see something worked out with the two.

Anything you have planned though, I trust you. Update soon!