Reviews for Coyote
PutMoneyInThyPurse chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
OMG. I was so hoping for a sequel to that incredible crossover-fic - the only reason I didn't review that one is I was waiting for when I had time to tell you everything I loved about it, and FFN only lets you review once - and this is everything I had hoped for, and more. OMG! OMG! OMG! Your Murdock's self-recrimination! Face's loyalty! Your Face's two lives and his hesitancy about letting the one spill over into the other! And the discovery that Mark is a howler, too, and that terrible moment of shock for your Murdock and then Mark's "Sometimes you just gotta howl"! eeeeee.

And of course, the classic line, "Mark had only shrugged and explained that the judge knew what he was doing but didn't want to know what he was doing so he had told him what he was doing but not really told him what he was going to do so everything was okay as long as the judge didn't find out what he was doing. It was a line of logic worthy of Murdock."

OMGOMGOMG till the end of time. 'Course, Face doesn't know the concept of 'plausible deniability' but this goes beyond plausible deniability - the love and sense of fun just shines off the page. And also, while I'm remembering memorable lines, "It was as if nothing really existed outside of the machine as it hurtled in deviance to space and time. It was an awesome exhilaration that he had only experienced a few times in the air; a special feeling of release from the constraints of the world which called to him and demanded an answer."

That's possibly the best interpretation I've ever read of the urge to howl.

"Ahrooo…" Murdock howled [as] he threw his head [back] and reveled in the physical sensations of the moment.

Mortified at his slip, he clamped his traitorous mouth shut. "

To me, that says so much: his love of life, his wild abandon, and his constant struggle to fit himself into the constraints of society's molds, as you say later in the story. And of course, his discovery that Mark isn't exactly a conformist either. And OMG, when you have them list all the things that can't stop them howling! San Quentin! Lynch! This is just the perfect crossover fic, omg, it really fuses the universes and points up the similarities between them and weaves an adorable bond of friendship. And you make the reader so glad, so very glad, that Face, or Temp as he is with Mark, didn't abandon Murdock. ADORABLE. Thank you so much. I love this 'verse. And really, it's perfectly plausible that Sonny would have had more than one kid knocking around.
Krokkie chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
Snap, Crackle and Pop - that's really neat! I loved the way McCormick, Murdock and Face goof off like three goofsketeers! The house is on fire, all right. I'm looking forward to that promised longer story. :)