Reviews for Complicated Allies
Becky bekybob13aol.com chapter 1 . 2/11/2003
Oh wow. What an awesome point of view. Short, but to the point. Loved it.
Inkblot chapter 1 . 1/26/2003
Simply wonderful. Powerful and a original idea. Keep writing.
Faerfaen chapter 1 . 1/19/2003
essh... holy cow.. man that is so good! I mean wow! I love this! its jeeze! Im speechless!

*~* Dy *~*
Natta chapter 1 . 1/19/2003
Stupid soldier...why can't he be happy for having Gimli and Legolas on his side instead?

Great story, write more angsty piecis ike this, you certainly know how to do it!
me chapter 1 . 1/4/2003
YESSS. This is so right on! Perfect actually. In the movie the elves were shown as though they CARED about helping out, like it was thier war too. Man o man keep up the good work
Jedi Cosmos chapter 1 . 12/31/2002
Methinks that the soldier needs to stop staring, too. Maybe get some asprin. He's thinking too much. I believe Men of all races are the ones who feel bloodlust the most, for their instincts are raw and much like that of the primal beasts they so try not to emulate. Good writing :)
BonitaC chapter 1 . 12/24/2002
Ooh yay, another actually good story in the LotR section (no slash or Mary Sue good story, imo)

Now go and update A Mirkwood Elf in Dumbledore's court, dammit! Please?
Guest chapter 1 . 12/17/2002
Whew. Quite powerful little sketch there. I don't know if I'd call it racism as much as fear of the unknown (and such a marvelously described unknown!); I know many would equate the two, but that's not always so. Beautiful imagery in your choice of words, and the unknown soldier's longing for the dawn to rid himself of his allies, rather than the evil of the night. Wonderful! One little suggestion: I believe a single Rider would be Rohirric. Rohirrim is the plural, if I'm not not mistaken. :)
Fey Halfkin chapter 1 . 12/15/2002
A fresh POV to how two well-loved LotR characters might have been seen as by anyone. As a fan of the strange duo, elf and dwarf, it was pleasing to see more then awe/worship. It's a little brief for a good idea and I'd love to see this expanded.

Great title, btw.
norbooboo chapter 1 . 12/8/2002
Thank you so much for a well thought out story, that is neither ooc nor a sad attemp to mimic Tolkien. Very well done
ArWen of sMirkwood chapter 1 . 10/9/2002
Wow, amazing piece!I love the language that you use, it's so...poetic.
Wild Iris chapter 1 . 9/22/2002
I hereby dub this vignette: One Excellent Reason to Trawl the Older Listings. Beautiful, compelling writing - I'm glad I didn't miss this.
Anonymous chapter 1 . 9/17/2002
Wow, great! Very original.

Glad to see someone who explores such an interesting theme. It's good to see Legolas and Gimli as other characters would have seen them, not just how the reader/audience perceives them.
Hiufflepe chapter 1 . 8/19/2002
Wow, this is a great story! I loved the way

you show that while the reader of LotR knows

about Elves and Dwarves and the personalities

of the various races, the avarage Middle-Earth

human wouldn't and wiuld likely be frightened

of them. This story is really reallistic and the imagery is superb. I loved A Mirkwood Elf in

Dumbledores Court too, it's really realistic and I cannot wait to see what happens next!
danny miller chapter 1 . 8/13/2002
i am a girl just so you know and i like you're story i think it's good to have differt perspectives(sp)

and i also think you should finish the legolas/harry potter story !hint hint!
57 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »