Reviews for Complicated Allies
Gabrielle Lawson chapter 1 . 8/9/2002
Very well done! That was a very intersesting perspective to take on our favorite elf and dwarf. I love the way your character describes Legolas's beauty but also his deadliness. Very good.
Lhunuial chapter 1 . 7/31/2002
Wow! Very good! I love it. Go you!
Isabella chapter 1 . 7/28/2002
Good! But I thought it was a little depressing. Hey Don't stop writing. You are very talented!
Laurus Nobilis chapter 1 . 7/27/2002
Very well written! It's sad that even in wonderful places like Middle Earth people are afraid of the unknown. Guess you can blame it on Sauron. But honestly, that soldier would have been much less frightened of them if he knew they were playfully counting orcs... ;) By the way- you *will* update "A Mirkwood Elf...", right? Pretty please?
Amedia chapter 1 . 7/21/2002
I enjoyed this very much. The author skillfully sets up a contrast between the lovely, poetic writing and the deadly horror of the subject matter to echo the narrator's musings on the contrast between his preconceptions (about elves and dwarves) and the reality of watching them fight.
MeShelly chapter 1 . 7/19/2002
Wow! Cool! I loved it; is there a sequel in progress? Then maybe this soldier can find out these 'complicated allies' aren't all battle-and-blood-lust creatures. ~Michelle
Lola chapter 1 . 7/18/2002
::goggles::

Ye Gods. Awesome isn't enough ot describe this. You are ridiculously talented. Dying of impatience for umore of your stuff.
Tynsin Nimue chapter 1 . 7/15/2002
V good Kinda scary though! Anyway (takes a deep breath)QUIT WRITING FICS LIKE THIS, GET BACK TO UPDATING " A MIKWOOD ELF " YOUR DRIVING ME CRAZY! UGGH! sorry about that it just had to be said. Really I think it's very cool.
Caetlin Vermeer chapter 1 . 7/14/2002
great job! I could get a completely clear picture of it in my mind. Makes you wonder how close the Uruk Ai( I lost my books and can't rememebr for the life of me how to spell this) and Elves really are...
JastaElf chapter 1 . 7/14/2002
Oh. That. Is. Good.

Now... you AREN'T considering just LEAVING it like that, ARE YOU? (wry grin)

C'mon, there's got to be a follow-up of SOME sort! Maybe the Rohirrim gent actually gets to interact with the Elf and the Dwarf? Maybe the three of them get cut off from the others, and he has to actually (gasp!) SPEAK with them? Maybe work up the intestinal fortitude to actually ask if they really do revel in this? Then Leggy could explain maybe what Orcs are, and WHY he would delight in freeing their souls from the torment of being Orcs... or Gimli could speak of past wrongs done to Dwarves by Shadow, and why this fight is so important to him?

Just a suggestion, but you're a fine writer, and this is a spin on things that I have not seen much of before - and this is the first time I've seen it as the focus of a story. PLEASE don't just leave it there! (grin)

Though, if you do, it still stands as an extremely fine story. NICE job!
GimliMcGuire chapter 1 . 7/12/2002
I like this! The way the bloke compares the trwo and the thing about never caring. I love it! But he should get off his arse and into battle.
GreyLadyBast chapter 1 . 7/12/2002
To quote Darth Vader..."Impressive. Most impressive".

I'm a very big fan of alternate perspectives stories, and this is definitely a gem amoung 'em. Nicely done.
57 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4