Reviews for The Fearful Void
EvaShinobiKaiserKnight chapter 23 . 5/17/2017
Hey I get the feeling Louise wanted her mother to adopt Alma for some odd reason.
Endgames chapter 23 . 5/7/2017
It's really too bad you're no longer writing this story. You've done a remarkable job of building the world of Halkeginia, far beyond what the anime did. I also like this characterization of Siesta. Although I do enjoy it when Louise is vulnerable and nice and Siesta and she get along like sisters. But the way you characterized Louise with the general sense of the entitlement of nobility (but none of the horrible brattiness that made me stop watching the anime), and Siesta with the demure appearance and inner sarcasm... it's very realistic. Provides a good depth to the characters, along with entertaining interactions.

I actually found this story a couple years ago, I think, but figured I should wait until I'd actually played the F.E.A.R. games before I read it. I really liked these last couple chapters, with the items and situations we encountered from the game being presented in all their horrifying implications.

Thanks for writing this!
Guest chapter 11 . 12/3/2016
As disturbing as it is moe.
The One Who Reads Too Much chapter 17 . 11/26/2016
Lol, poor Siesta...
The One Who Reads Too Much chapter 11 . 11/26/2016
"My lady," she said, trying to sound the image of the perfect servant, "please, don't bang your head like that. I may get in trouble if you are found horribly concussed."
She was glared at by Louise, who was apparently trying to work out whether she was being made fun of. Siesta kept her expression placid and subservient, and tried very hard not to even crack a smile."

Gosh dang it...I'm really going to have to go back and rewatch the Merlin series.

Yeah, remind Alma of where she's been, what could possibly go wrong?
The One Who Reads Too Much chapter 7 . 11/26/2016
"She stared up at Louise blankly, teeth-chattering.
Yes, it would be a very good idea for Mother to come, Louise decided. A very, very good idea indeed."

Nah, I'm sure it's fine. Don't even worry about it.
The One Who Reads Too Much chapter 6 . 11/26/2016
"You better be ticklish and not laughing at me, Alma," she informed the child over her shoulder."
Noooo, why would you-, c'mon, she would never-...Okay yeah.
Guest000 chapter 1 . 4/9/2016
If this is dead, that is sad... But from the ash it can be reborn(Rewritten). Please!
This is a good premise, please continue or even rewrite it.
xaldreca chapter 15 . 1/30/2016
I'm sorry, but was this whole chapter just religious stuff? That seems like a pointless thing to make a whole chapter about.
Balthanon chapter 23 . 10/26/2015
Ok, this is a terrible place for this to end. :)

As usual from what I've seen this was well written and engrossing- I've never actually played F.E.A.R. so I suspect some of the subtleties from that side might have gone over my head but it was still consistent even with nothing more than a summary of the game.
WillItWork chapter 23 . 8/10/2015
Well. That… was emnot/em where I had expected this to go, but in retrospect, completely makes sense. Probably has to do with the fact that I don't know F.E.A.R. all that well.

I love the Familiar of Zero setting, it's Eurocentric, which is easy, and can be taken so many directions that its own story doesn't support.

Also, I love the Louise and Alma as mutual support broken birds here, and Alma's increasing frustration with her mistress's selfishness. Am I correct in interpreting the vision that she's essentially seeing the darkness of the people around her?

Also, who are the spirits in the box? Anyway, thanks for sharing, looking forward to the next update.
Shinoki chapter 1 . 8/5/2015
"Contains scenes of a disturbingly moe/disturbing nature" :v that line just got me. *drools* (it might just be my nature of loving horrible and moe things...) Anyways, looks good so far, might review once I get to the end if I have anything to say besides "awesome"
Kami-Sama-Senpai chapter 3 . 2/15/2015
I am shaking with anticipation thinking of the obligatory Guiche fight. It's my fave part of any foz fan-fiction.
Yeza Nairomof chapter 23 . 1/2/2015
Ugh... I really should go play or watch someone play the Fear games before trying to comprehend what is happening in this story...

Anyway, thanks for the update.
Paradox009 chapter 23 . 10/26/2014
This is good story...kinda dark for my tastes but still a favorite...hope you continue writing this and soon...)