Reviews for Across the Land
MMF chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
I don't really have any knowledge of 5D's, but I really liked your setting. I thought it was super interesting, and really well done, I was totally on board with it. Monkeys and all! xD (Well, ok, I thought Exodia's characterization was a little...out of place? But I figured I was missing something there?) I liked how this was so action-centric but still had all these canon ties (the Deck Masters, type match-ups, DMG traveling through the worlds, etc). Good job on this, and keep it up! :)

Jess (My Misguided Fairytale)
OxEyed chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
I do like the idea of writing from the perspective of the Spirit World. I haven't seen 5Ds (or GX?) so I can't compare it to anything or connect it to an overarching story, which I like to do, but the story was compelling enough on it's own.

Interestingly enough, my favorite characterization was Exodia's. I haven't ever considered him as a character, but he makes quite the charismatic villain.

The characters were "in" character, as much as Duel Monsters can be, I suppose, though DMG at least has a precedent in Mana. Excuse the disjointed review; I did enjoy this.