Reviews for Angles
break me like a promise chapter 1 . 8/6/2013
This was amazing. Fantastic job.
disturbinglyprofound chapter 1 . 6/1/2013
I am in love with your writing style. It's so flowy and beautiful. Every piece of your work that I've read, I've loved, regardless of the subject. I don't usually like descriptive prose but the way you use words is just brilliant.

Teddy and Lily seem like such a strangely mismatched and yet lovely couple because of your writing. Thank you for sharing. :)
cecilyherondales chapter 1 . 1/15/2013
i just love it. perfect.
Crystal Haze chapter 1 . 1/3/2013
oh wow. this is lovely. i'm in love with your style, the imagery, the way you characterise these two and just ugh everything. sorry i don't have anything worthwhile to say, just lovelovelove. xx
Precocious Prat chapter 1 . 10/27/2012
Whenever I write as if I'm actually an expert in something I'm not, like if, say, I write as a dancer or a pianist, I can't capture the tone, the imagery and feel of it. I don't know if you're a photographer, but either way, you've truly captured all that I lack when I try. And I applaud you for it.
Very finely written and well-done.

- The Precocious Prat
combeferring chapter 1 . 8/21/2012
omfg I am so sorry, I completely missed your message in my ask box because I was using tumblr from my phone and then it just got pushed down and now I feel terrible about how late this is, I am so, so, so, sorry! But here I am, having read this masterpiece and now I'm going to review it because you need to understand how much I love this. (also I doubt anyone beats my records for presenting late birthday fics, I haven't managed a single one on time since Pearl's birthday in 2010)

But Jesus Christ, Kaye, this is so beautiful it kind of physically hurts me somewhere around my ribs and idk it might be jealousy that you can write this fantastically but I just think it's the fact this is so perfect and wargh I want to remember it forever. When I first read it, I couldn't decide if it was the plot or the writing that made it such a gem but then I realised it was both because both were flawless and okay let's talk about the plot first, yes good.

So the whole idea of Lily and Teddy working together like this is flawless in itself but the fact you factored in jobs like the model-photographer angle is refreshing in itself and this was just sparking with originality and God it was so amazing. Speaking generally from the Lily/Teddy fics I've read, most people do tend to write from Lily's point of view (whoops if that's a massive mistake but hey ho) so seeing through Teddy's eyes was so new because whilst we got to see how lovely and beautiful Lily appears to him and the world there were little lines that Lily says that makes you realise she's not just wandering through life all happy and she is /normal/ and not this creature without any self-doubt, let me find the one I'm thinking of

Okay here it is: '...then Lily says, quietly, "They're not. Sometimes I look really ugly in them."'

So basically, let me interpret my ramblings, you made both characters flawless in the fact they both had obvious flaws. They were human and three-dimensional and I would very happily offer Teddy space in my bed. He was so awkward (okay not sure if that's the word but I'm going with it) with his telling her he didn't mean anything when he was drunk and blurting out "shit I love you" and it was so endearing. And I loved the happy ending because it didn't feel like it went on too long or cut off too early, it felt just right. And the ending was so, so perfect in itself because of these glorious last lines:

"It's Lily and he's learned the hard way that there is no right way to capture her with technology because the real Lily is always more than he could ever imagine her as. So he smiles and kisses her again, gently this time, modest and quick, and thinks that he could spend eternity here, if she asked."

Seeing Teddy's thought process was so amazing because when he started to think in terms of photography, about highlights and colours, it was beautiful but also really, really unique and just made it stand out all the more. It was like he was so awkward that he could only really express her in camera settings and that's so true of real life so the fact you got that written down so perfectly makes me supremely jealous but also so much in awe of you. Also, discussing the black and white throughout had a really striking effect because I kept imagining him having this really bland life in blacks and whites and then Lily's red hair and green eyes were the only colour but idk that's just my interpretation.

And I think that brings me onto your writing because, Christ, how do you write so perfectly? It all flowed, even the dialogue, and then there were these absolutely gorgeous lines that were so poetic asdfghjkl. This one is a particular favourite:

"He would like to open her up until there is nothing but bare bones like ladders, leading step by step to a beating heart, trapped beneath the curving stark white of her ribs."

It was the whole description that just sent shivers down my spine because it was so, so, so gorgeous. Honestly, this was one of the most wonderful things I have read in a long time because it was so elegant. The plot was really, really effective and your prose style was so sophisticated with such fantastic descriptions that I just want to cry over how amazing this is.

I'm sorry for the late review, and I'm even more sorry I rambled so badly in it. My excuse is we had a bit of a party this afternoon and I'm still a little out of it. But thank you so, so much for dedicating it to me and I love you!
waterlit chapter 1 . 8/18/2012
I don't quite know how to start telling you about how awesome this fic is. I really like the way you write - so beautiful, so evocative, so realistic - too lovely. I'm looking forward to more fics from you (:
marniemadden chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
Okay so I'm on my phone and this review will be pretty short because I can't actually see the piece but WHATEVER.

This was so perfect. The characterisations and the photographer/model and how she'd only have him and the meaningful intentions and then, "Shit, I love you." And of course she looks better in black and white of course. Oh and the photography references were really great. I loved how Teddy couldn't really express his love becaue he could only describe her in camera settings.

I can't even asdfghjkl
ME chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
SUP CHICK remember me? I'm definitely about to send you an email very sssooonn :)

Okay twinpants, I adored this. It was a different style on what you normally do, and I loved it. I feel like it was.. elegant, almost? It had a lust-y feel, almost, and I really felt the black and white and red. (ALSO I found out I have this condition where different senses overlap in my brain which makes me see numbers in colours and stuff, but it doesn't affect me, my weirdness is all my own. But that's why I might see your fics in colours, hahahaa!:)

But anyways, this piece really was stunning. I loved the descriptions of Lily's body, it was so poetic :) And Teddy was amazingly awkward, and I loved it! Haha. The idea of Lily being a model and Ted being the photographer was simply wonderful! Haha, you definitely need to bring that back sometime, cause I thought it was great.

All in all, you are such a talented writer who has grown so much, and you're going to do so well in school! :)

Loved it, twinpants. you did it again :)

xox
bri
coffee-stained lips chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
GOD, KAYE. wow. i am completely fawning over this oneshot. it's just so PERFECT. i just love the way you write, especially with teddy. he's just so adorably confused in this fic, and then, yay, happy ending with one of my favorite ships and :3 god, you never cease to amaze me.
how to forget chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
This made my heart melt in so many ways than one. ARGH I just love Teddy and Lily and Lily and Teddy together. They're just perfect and the way you write them seriously makes me want to read more more and more. I love how original this was, the descriptions, and the your Lily and Teddy were perfect. I love that Teddy was a photographer and that Lily was a model and that he loved her but told her when he was drunk and that she wanted him to mean it. EVERYTHING. This oneshot was amazing and you really really need to write more okay?
waternation chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
Fuck this was beautiful.
Spinning Round on a Carousel chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
This was amazing. It was brilliantly written and had a brilliant storyline to match.