Reviews for Where We Belong
chesh-the-kitty chapter 1 . 12/29/2014
Hm...I'm not sure if this made me happy or sad. Or if Wally and Artemis should be happy or sad when they see their friends. If you're dead...and your friends die...should you be happy to see them or sad that they died?

Nevertheless, it was really great!

-chesh
BlueMoonChaos chapter 1 . 12/28/2014
Hmmm...Don't really know what to say other than it was certainly different from other stories I have read. Not that it's bad or anything, was a good read. The story itself was just...different. :)
CutieSOS chapter 1 . 2/1/2014
Really good
RiseInRevolution chapter 1 . 9/26/2013
I like it. Kinda confusing, but not too much. And I like the little Birdflash hints... You have found my weakness.
Avrodite chapter 1 . 5/21/2013
i HAD MY PROBLEMS READING THIS::: Maybe because I didn't knew what happened till I saw your note at the end
perfectlyODD chapter 1 . 11/1/2012
Jesus, this is brilliant and heart-breaking, but also heart-warming and I'm getting so, so many unwanted emotions right now. Not whelmed, not whelmed at all.
I think the two things that saddened me the most was Roy (heroin overdose... It was predictable but that doesn't make it hurt any less) and the mention of Robin's nightmares. But overall, it just broke my heart in the best way, because even when they're dead they're together and they're home so they don't care (ALL THE FEELS! Sorry, I did want this to be coherent but I'm pretty sure that isn't humanly possible).
So, I think it goes without saying that you are fantastic, but I'll say it anyway. You are fantastic.
RaiineDays chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
Love this. It would be nice if the after life was like that. Except for the waiting around for people to turn up. Although I guess not cause it would mean they'd be alive.
My Own Mayday Parade chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
This was so weird. But in the best way possible. I haven't really seen Anything like this on the site before so I was EXTREMELY impressed. Great job
Kyrara chapter 1 . 8/9/2012
...um, wow. This is cool and kinda complicated (had to read it twice to understand most of it... aaand I think I'll have to re-read it again sometime) and also a bit creepy (Heroin overdose? Really?). But, as far as after-life-stories go, this piece has exactly the flavour of calm... reminiscence? melancholy? (no angst!) that I love.
Robin Red R chapter 1 . 8/9/2012
Oh my God... Man, I'm not gonna lie. There are actual tears running down my face right now *choke sobs* I can't even organize my thoughts into anything remotely coherent... I just... Wow.

*Five minutes later*

I've said this before, but it applies here too: Your writing never ceases to amaze me. I have no idea where your story ideas come from, but they are honestly mind blowing. When I started reading this, I didn't know where it was going. Then it started to make sense, the pieces fitting together intricately. I know I should have been prepared for it, because I'm now more familiar with your work, but still. I don't have the words to describe what I'm feeling right now. You know what? Your work just really touches me, deep down, somehow. I read your stories and I tear up, then laugh out loud, and get this bizarre warm feeling inside of me. And it lasts for, like, an entire week. *sigh*

Now to this fic... let me just sum up the three things I liked the best.
1) The story-line, obviously. I've never read a fic like this (in any fandom) that played on an AU afterlife. Somehow the whole idea of them dying and living in a sort of muted alternate-reality, I just adore the idea. Then the way you lead up to it, first it just being Wally and Artemis, and slowly the team joining them one by one... it was perfectly executed.
2) The way you really conveyed this muted feeling; senses unsharpened and feelings numbed. I love how they have those little gaps in their consciousness, everything running together. No pain, no fear, no hurt, no jealously... only an odd kind of peace, I suppose. Reading it, I could just imagine what that would feel like. Ignore the cliche phrase, but it really just painted a picture in my mind. Or rather, painted emotions in my mind.
3) The way they all interacted as they all slowly assembled together... Wally and Artemis's joy at seeing Dick, Kaldur and Roy's reactions, M'gann and Connor... Plus, the way they all still bickered and joked and laughed and talked and smiled like good times... so... happy. Dang it, I just started crying again... like, legit crying. I'm never this emotional normally...
I need to add a 4) I love the touch you add by slipping in hints to how each of them died... Like an afterthought. No one asks about that, though, like it's not important in their world. As if they aren't dead... but then again it's also very present in their minds. Plus, I could see how each of their deaths made sense... Artemis being hanged, Wally smashing his head, Dick being blown up, Kaldur being poisoned, Roy overdosing himself, M'gann's vulnerability to fire, and Connor's kryptonite. (At least, I think I'm right with those...)
And I still need to add a 5) You know how much I ship Wally and Dick's bromance so the way he reacted when Dick arrived just made me half smile half cry. Plus, that ending was just... powerful. So beautifully sweet... just perfect.

Honestly, I swear I'm not usually like this. It's all your fault... your stories make me turn into a little pile of mushy tears. God, this is embarrassing. Not a lot of things make me crack like this, but your writing is certainly one of them... Anyway, this fic has got to be one of my favorites of yours. Although that's really hard to say, because there's not a single one of your stories that I haven't wanted to put on my favorites list. But... a favorite within favorites.

I'm sorry... this review probably makes no sense whatsoever. Point is, I fucking loved it and I'm sitting here bawling my eyes out in emotional tears. Thank you... I can't express how much I love you right now.

-R.R.R.
Purple Majestic chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
this was greatly enjoyable to read. and very well written.
monkkeyslut chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
YES OKAY YES PERFECT YTOU ARE FLAWELESS UGH IASHFSAKLNJG FUCK
DxS4ever chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
that was amazing
as i read i felt the dullness they were
The nothingness they felt
Purely amazing
SnowflakeWolf chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
Your story was a little bit confusing at first, but then I understood it and let me say it's amazingly written and was very captivating. I loved how you put the causes of their deaths in very subtly. Once again great story )
Wolf skater chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
You may have broke my heart but I'm not sure, too confused to care at the moment. But it was good non the less.