Reviews for Sister Carter and Sister Newkirk
Goldleaf83 chapter 1 . 4/5/2013
This was very fun to read. Our poor Heroes certainly have to do more cross-dressing than they like, but at least a habit offers a better disguise than other options! Both of the real nuns are great original characters with an amusing dynamic between them, and it was amusing to watch them save the guys with a well-told whopper. I laughed at Carter's worries over getting the ring off: so THAT's how he got it! Nice job.
snooky-9093 chapter 1 . 8/30/2012
This story gets the award for the best and most creative explanation for Carter's ring! So funny!
AllTrekkedUp chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
What a good story! LOL I can just them walking down the street like that! :) And everything Newkirk said I could just hear him saying it! Good job! :)
dust on the wind chapter 1 . 8/12/2012
Nice lightweight little one-shot, with some really funny moments. Like a previous reviewer, I've heard the old one about spies disguised as nuns - in fact, I have in my possession a truly dreadful girls' school story of wartime vintage in which the myth is turned into a Thrilling Adventure for the heroine. I like your take on it much better!

You've captured the feel of the original series very well.

konarciq chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
The combination of title and teaser had me howling with laughter! The story wasn't quite *that* much howling material, but still a very nice read - a real HH feeling!

Thank you!
Plasmaflower chapter 1 . 8/9/2012
There actually was a persistent rumor in England during both wars that German paratroopers were disguising themselves as nuns. It was said you could pick them out by their hairy knuckles and army boots. This is a cute reversal of that. On a personal note, for me the reference to Hadamar sits very uncomfortably in an otherwise humorous context. Apart from that, very funny and very entertaining.
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 1 . 8/9/2012
Oh, this was way too much fun. I absolutely loved seeing your dynamic duo Sisters Felda and Claudette again! And the flighty Claudette is not what she seems...perfect! It was lovely that you had them save the day, although I'm not quite sure the boys appreciated them as much as they should have.

And did Carter's schoolfriend Adelaide take up with a fellow by the name of Nathan Detroit?

Two minor Newkirk points: I think he uses the expression "leave off" rather than "lay off", and I'm pretty sure he would have referred to himself as Church of England or "C of E" rather than Anglican.
Belphegor chapter 1 . 8/9/2012
This was delightful! I could totally picture this, and in fact had a big laugh doing so :o) I love the two nuns (the real ones!), their antics and general dynamic are funny enough that they almost (almost, though!) steal the thunder from poor Carter and Newkirk :D Very good use of references, too: Winnie the Pooh was very sweet and Hadamar's hospital was absolutely chilling. And I love the use of Britishisms (is that a word?) like "get on [somebody's] wick" and Cockney rhymic slang like "loaf" :o)

Love it!
Marie1964 chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
I really loved this story. The heroes have come up with some pretty imaginative disguises over the years, but never nuns! I had a feeling she might have been Pinocchio, so I was happy when my hunch was proven correct.
jodm chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
Love those nuns! Sister Carter and Sister Newkirk make quite a pair! I laughed all the way through this one!
Sgt. Hakeswill chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
As Newkirk would say, "What a ruddy mess!" Newkirk and Carter together are like Laurel and Hardy.
buggleston chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
Absolutely wonderful story that had me really laughing but I cannot wait to see colonel Hogans reactions to their escapades! I really enjoy some of your other characters popping up and thanks again for a very humorous start!
newkathy97 chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
ROFLOL! Dressed up as nuns! Poor fellows. Though it wasn't that uncommon...

Favourite line:
"who founded the Benedictine Sisters of Providence"
"Uh, St. Helen...of Troy?"
So funny, and the fact that I'm Catholic made it even funnier!