Reviews for The Light and the Dark
AJ Granger chapter 37 . 7/8/2013
I still say that Snape is being incredibly stupid. He had no reason to join the Death Eaters and take the mark. None. It makes no sense. He could do far better work and save the world through not taking it.
AJ Granger chapter 27 . 7/7/2013
I am really not liking Dumbledore here. There should have been more explanation on his refusal to help Regulus and Sirius. Frankly, Regulus would easily be able to be the spy in the works rather than Snape, who seems unable to do it now. He is willing, but keeps running into issues.

I don't like that Dumbledore obliviated Lily, Sirius and Regulus. I think he should have talked to them, and I'd like to see Severus talk to Lily about saving Emma. I am a little surprised Dumbledore didn't find somewhere for her or turning her over to the ministry. If Severus is keeping her as it seems, then it would make sense to introduce she and Lily and perhaps work on that family he never got to have.

Although you occasionally make some grammatical mistakes, the most annoying thing I've seen is your insistence on using "lied" when you often should say "she lay on the bed, etc". Other than that, the errors are minor and no big deal.
AJ Granger chapter 23 . 7/7/2013
Why re-live the life he did, only to break up with Lily? It makes no sense, and somehow I don't think she'll let him get away easily.

It's funny, because Severus does not need to be a Death Eater spy. However, it would work better for them if Regulus became a Death Eater and then defected once he learned of the horcrux because he can then be the spy, and give them one of the hardest to reach. Plus, it would be great if Snape could work in something in the potion to not make it permanent or long lasting - extreme pain for a very short period of time that can be easily countered later would be workable - but I'd rather he not help the DE at all.
AJ Granger chapter 20 . 7/7/2013
I think it's a perfect scene. I'm a little surprised that James and the Marauders are taking the break up so well. James had feelings for her as well, just as Severus did. I like that they have finally kissed, and are starting a new relationship.

I would like to see Severus not take the mark, and choose another path to help defeat the Dark Lord. With the changes he is making, there will never be a Harry Potter, but another child to be born at the end of July. Neville or perhaps the son of Lily and Snape, or James Potter and someone else...because if Severus is with Lily than he will defy Voldemort.

You have a really good story here, and I would like to see them act more on some of Severus's future knowledge rather than have him join the Death Eaters.
Kiiriminna chapter 40 . 7/7/2013
Sounds stressing, I really hope you will find a job soon. Don't worry about the updates, we can wait :)
Professor Radar chapter 40 . 7/6/2013
Hang in there and keep your family first. We are not your priority. I hope things get easier for you and your family.
Saint Snape chapter 40 . 7/6/2013
Real life takes precedence over fanfiction but I hope things works out so you can get back to this great story. Good luck! :)
Alethea27 chapter 40 . 7/6/2013
Hang in there! I've been where you are now and I know it isn't fun at all. Update when you can and don't worry about us. We'll still be around whenever you post your next chapter! Best of luck on your job search!
Guest chapter 23 . 6/19/2013
Why doesn't he just tell lily he's going to be a spy! So frustrating!
Guest chapter 7 . 6/17/2013
You write so well!
Guest chapter 3 . 6/17/2013
This is really great writing and a really great story I love it!3
Librarian73 chapter 40 . 6/18/2013
Saint Snape chapter 39 . 5/27/2013
They are both in so much pain. I hope the ending isn't a dream and it's really happening. Is the next chapter ready yet? :)
Missyick chapter 39 . 5/26/2013
So interesting chapter,... is she dreaming with Severus in the last part? and is LIly pregnant?...urg...I'm guessing to much! waiting for the next chapter!
KodeV chapter 39 . 5/26/2013
from start to finish, this is a beautiful chapter. the raw emotions - they just jump off the screen. i'm simply in awe.
340 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »