Reviews for The Light and the Dark
Lordban chapter 11 . 9/24/2012
1. I am partial to good SS/LE and H/Hr; don't say no to good H/G or H/DG either.

2. Good stories? ;) Not really, though I'm not much into songfics.

3. Too many to list, including the staples of the fantasy and sci-fi genre but not limited to them :p No TV means lots of time to read :)

4. Ironically, the reason I'm not much into songfics because my ear is too well-trained... I'm not averse to some good freestyle poetry (though am quickly put off by the bad!)

5. Eh... Tough one, read close to a thousand various HP fics since June... The ones I went back to read where the "Moment of Impact" series by Suite Sambo (especially the third installment, "One Man's Island", a splendid depiction of Snape's year in DH, and not just because he's Harry's guardian); "All That Glitters" by mangoaddict (featuring an artful clean-up of the surviving Death Eaters thanks to a surviving Snape) and the ongoing "The Winds of Time" by ausland (H/Hr fic in the Marauders' era featuring a fantastic Spooky Breakfast Routine (R) :p )

6. Not in obvious ways. A beta (!) would help, but for a non-native speaker there aren't odd turns of phrase glaring in every other sentence. I don't know how you plan and work on this story, hard to help you in that department. Here again, a second opinion could help - it doesn't necessarily have to be someone from here. I'd need to delve deeper to comment in terms of style, but I'll beg off for now, it's past midnight here and I'm getting up at half past six :p

7. Not frequenting the community here, so I can't really help you. I will say, however, that your mediocre and doubtful place you firmly among the better writers here (and as a freak reader who can devour a million words in less than a day, I've read quite a few stories to make that assessment...)
Spinning Furret chapter 11 . 9/24/2012
Admittedly, I can beta, but the only real beta-ing I do is improving grammar, tweaking a few sentences.

My services are offered.

Now, for the other questions...

1.) Harry and Hermione, Neville and Luna
2.) Adventure, Mystery, Action, Friendship. Stories with all four. I don't normally read romance stories. This, clearly, is an exception.
3.) I used to write Avatar: The Last Airbender fanfiction, but then I got bored.
4.) I like poetry.
5.) Harry Potter and the Manipulator of Destiny, Harry Potter the Power Unknown, a lot of Manipulative!Dumbledore stories. I have, unforunately, not found a MentallyDeranged!Dumbledore or CompleteNutjob!Dumbledore.
6.) I don't see anyway you can improve this story. Because it's so good!
BadGirlgoesworse chapter 11 . 9/24/2012
What on earth..? Is it not chapter 6? Why did you cut it out and put it up here?
BadGirlgoesworse chapter 10 . 9/24/2012
Just a pointer. It is a very bad form to put that kind of requests between chapters of an ongoing story. The same goes for Author's Notes. Put them at the end of a chapter/story, if you must.

And as to the questions themselves, my answers to them can be found on my profile.
Missyick chapter 11 . 9/23/2012
A really good story and I love SS/LE AU of course ! cant wait for the next chapter, keep updating !
Saint Snape chapter 11 . 9/23/2012
I only read Harry Potter stories here and that's all I'm interested in reading. I do read some Steve and Kayla (Days of Our Lives) and Stefan Cassadine (General Hospital) stories on another site. I like Severus/Lily and Harry/Severus as mentor, friend or general story. Also like stories with multiple characters as along as the story is mainly about Snape. I like romance, adventure, pretty much anything. I don't like cross-over stories with characters from other shows - for example Twilight. I like a regular story. No songfics, poetry, etc. My main problem with authors here on this site is the slow updating. When authors only update once every month or longer I can't remember the story so I end up having to re read either all or part of the story. If you can update once a week or two then I will be a happy camper.
dragaman chapter 10 . 9/23/2012
2)adventure with a hint of romance
3)naruto (NaruHina),batclan[batman,nightwing,jla,teen titans,young justice ect.] anything with Dick Grayson thats not slash, RvB (church/Tex, church/Caralina), Pokemon (ash/misty), crossovers of these but has to be no slash and make sense.
4)med to long stories (dont care if many little chapters, few long ones, inbetween)
5)too many to list i lost count of the compleated stories ive read and have over 250 i read when new chaps come out (like this story)
6)i think your doing a good job so far
7) sorry i tryed but i wasnt able to beta for long due too conflicts in scedual (at the time i worked for the DND [Department of National Defense, canadas millatary.]). but if you ever need ideas my mind is constantly thinking of ideas for stories but i never have the drive to write them anymore and all but one of my stories are up for adoption so just give me a shout if you want any ideas or to grab a story.

MuggleCreator chapter 11 . 9/23/2012
Didi not just read chapter "X", where the two went on to Hogsmede? And I'm certain I've read this chapter before. Oh dear! I believe you've accidentally posted "VI" instead of "XI"!
Lordban chapter 10 . 9/23/2012
Oh, the delicate balance between leaving the man you hate to die and revealing yourself to save his life... Time-travel is a pain.
MuggleCreator chapter 10 . 9/23/2012
Oh dear. Good, keep Sev as her friend.
Saint Snape chapter 10 . 9/23/2012
Thanks for updating. I'm glad they are friends again. I hope he can keep Regulus from becoming a deatheater too.
flame55 chapter 9 . 9/18/2012
This is great
Lionheart chapter 9 . 9/16/2012
Yay they are friends again wonderful chapter may every new update be better than the last
klester1987d chapter 7 . 9/16/2012
I like the idea that Sev could be a healer, it's not done often
MuggleCreator chapter 9 . 9/16/2012
Keep it up... But I was hoping they'd just be brother/sister... Lily has James...
342 | « Prev Page 1 .. 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 .. Last Next »