Reviews for The Light and the Dark
Sithtar chapter 6 . 9/30/2012
Dumbledore quoting Yoda? Really? That's just sad.
Sithtar chapter 4 . 9/30/2012
"...after all this time he chosen to act differently." it's hardly 'after all this time'. Chapter two gave the date of Oct 1, 1977 and the 'mudblood' incident happened June 1976. That's only 16 months at most, hardly 'all this time'.

Aside from that, I am enjoying your story and look forward to the next chapter.
Alethea27 chapter 11 . 9/30/2012
I hated the way Lily suddenly turned on Sev and threatened to pull her friendship again if anything happened to poor little Jamesie. What an ungrateful little bitch! Her and old Pothead are two of a kind - spoiled brats who think they can have whatever they set their eyes on! I'm beginning to sympathize with Petunia if this is what she has to deal with at home! I'm sure old Pothead will reveal his true self eventually. He can't bare not hexing or tormenting Sev; it's like an addiction with him! He doesn't give a rat's (not Pettigrew) ass if Sev did save both his hand and his life! I really like Reg in this story. It was really nice how he tried to comfort Sev; I hope Sev is able to keep him from joining the DE's. Please update soon!
DesirePassion chapter 2 . 9/25/2012
Ummm yeah, I'm gonna keep on reading...but I hope that Sev finds some happiness. I won't read a fic that gives him a second chance just for him to suffer all over again. And imo, Sev needs to grow a spine. Its pathetic how much he obsesses over Lily. You can't live your life for another person. People are fallible and disappointing...Wow, I sound so negative XD.

Anyway, I'm gonna keep on reading but I'm rooting for Sev. Screw Lily! She's a self-righteous, cold hearted, friend-abandoning jerk. And don't even get me started on Potter.
jadely31 chapter 11 . 9/25/2012
To those of you who actually take the time to read my fanfiction, I was wondering what kind of fan fiction you like. I would like to know the genres, pairings, etc...

Basically, I want to start a new story, but not yet. Hopefully, sometime in the near future I will.

**Don't be too timid. Figure out what YOU like and go from there, your writing will be better for having a strong idea/plot/concept.

But in order to do so, I need some suggestions.

So, if you have the time, comment (or PM, but I prefer commenting) on the following questions:

1.) Which pairings do you like?
**Any which require WORK on the part of the participants. Conflict is great, mutual perhaps begrudging respect, sarcasm. Tonks and Lupin is such a sad thing-no matter how fun or light their story is made, it still ends badly and hurts, so I often skip those.

2.) Any genre preference? Wizarding world and muggle world conflict/cooperation, crossing the divide. Post traumatic stress and finding treatment have popped up in other stories and makes for plot ideas.

3.) None, what would be the point of going to a Harry Potter fan fiction site

4.) Do you like songfics, freestyle poetry, or just any type of story?
**Not really. Good solid writing, with well defined characters, plausible plot, good grammar/spelling. The usual.

5.) What are some of the fanfictions you have liked in the past?
Oh I love anything by Vera Rozalsky esp. Amends or Truth and Reconcilliation. A very old story that caught my attention was Dumbledore's Feint. More recent favs were from authors Coffee on the Patio, Little Bird, Loten, others

6.) This one doesn't pertain to the questions above: How can I improve the story I am writing currently?
**You already write well. Your character interactions are believable. This is a go-back-in-time story, so create situations where character dig deep and behave differently that the first time around. Examining Severus and the other snakes rather than dwell on the marauders. I like that you've brought in Regulus-he's yours to involve more deeply.

7.) Do you know any good Beta's? I have yet to find one. Self editing is a drag, and I tend to miss many mistakes. My grammar is mediocre at best. My writing is doubtful... Okay, I'm done with my self-pity.
**OK, editing is never any fun. Look for the easy things that can distract needlessly from your writing- the endless "they're/their/there", any misuse of possessive or contraction apostrophes (if you are not sure, spell it out). I don't know any betas and I don't write either so all of this is easy for me to say. But I read a lot of these stories.

I have realized that my chapter order has been messed up. I did not no any other way than to re-upload many 6-10. I am sorry for spamming your in-boxes. Thank you all. I am fond of all my readers, though I don't know any of you...
**Don't apologize. Your story is free, our feedback is your only payment. So you are doing us the favor. Don't worry about personal responses or frequency of posting. If we like what you have to say, we will wait, read the next chapter and hopefully respond. You don't need to make excuses or beat yourself up over what you perceive as shortcomings. One of my favorite authors updates about every sixth month on average. Yet it makes my day when I learn of a new posting.

Your support does not go unnoticed.

-Elaine
Lordban chapter 11 . 9/24/2012
1. I am partial to good SS/LE and H/Hr; don't say no to good H/G or H/DG either.

2. Good stories? ;) Not really, though I'm not much into songfics.

3. Too many to list, including the staples of the fantasy and sci-fi genre but not limited to them :p No TV means lots of time to read :)

4. Ironically, the reason I'm not much into songfics because my ear is too well-trained... I'm not averse to some good freestyle poetry (though am quickly put off by the bad!)

5. Eh... Tough one, read close to a thousand various HP fics since June... The ones I went back to read where the "Moment of Impact" series by Suite Sambo (especially the third installment, "One Man's Island", a splendid depiction of Snape's year in DH, and not just because he's Harry's guardian); "All That Glitters" by mangoaddict (featuring an artful clean-up of the surviving Death Eaters thanks to a surviving Snape) and the ongoing "The Winds of Time" by ausland (H/Hr fic in the Marauders' era featuring a fantastic Spooky Breakfast Routine (R) :p )

6. Not in obvious ways. A beta (!) would help, but for a non-native speaker there aren't odd turns of phrase glaring in every other sentence. I don't know how you plan and work on this story, hard to help you in that department. Here again, a second opinion could help - it doesn't necessarily have to be someone from here. I'd need to delve deeper to comment in terms of style, but I'll beg off for now, it's past midnight here and I'm getting up at half past six :p

7. Not frequenting the community here, so I can't really help you. I will say, however, that your mediocre and doubtful place you firmly among the better writers here (and as a freak reader who can devour a million words in less than a day, I've read quite a few stories to make that assessment...)
Spinning Furret chapter 11 . 9/24/2012
Admittedly, I can beta, but the only real beta-ing I do is improving grammar, tweaking a few sentences.

My services are offered.

Now, for the other questions...

1.) Harry and Hermione, Neville and Luna
2.) Adventure, Mystery, Action, Friendship. Stories with all four. I don't normally read romance stories. This, clearly, is an exception.
3.) I used to write Avatar: The Last Airbender fanfiction, but then I got bored.
4.) I like poetry.
5.) Harry Potter and the Manipulator of Destiny, Harry Potter the Power Unknown, a lot of Manipulative!Dumbledore stories. I have, unforunately, not found a MentallyDeranged!Dumbledore or CompleteNutjob!Dumbledore.
6.) I don't see anyway you can improve this story. Because it's so good!
BadGirlgoesworse chapter 11 . 9/24/2012
What on earth..? Is it not chapter 6? Why did you cut it out and put it up here?
BadGirlgoesworse chapter 10 . 9/24/2012
Just a pointer. It is a very bad form to put that kind of requests between chapters of an ongoing story. The same goes for Author's Notes. Put them at the end of a chapter/story, if you must.

And as to the questions themselves, my answers to them can be found on my profile.
Missyick chapter 11 . 9/23/2012
A really good story and I love SS/LE AU of course ! cant wait for the next chapter, keep updating !
Saint Snape chapter 11 . 9/23/2012
I only read Harry Potter stories here and that's all I'm interested in reading. I do read some Steve and Kayla (Days of Our Lives) and Stefan Cassadine (General Hospital) stories on another site. I like Severus/Lily and Harry/Severus as mentor, friend or general story. Also like stories with multiple characters as along as the story is mainly about Snape. I like romance, adventure, pretty much anything. I don't like cross-over stories with characters from other shows - for example Twilight. I like a regular story. No songfics, poetry, etc. My main problem with authors here on this site is the slow updating. When authors only update once every month or longer I can't remember the story so I end up having to re read either all or part of the story. If you can update once a week or two then I will be a happy camper.
dragaman chapter 10 . 9/23/2012
1)LeSs
2)adventure with a hint of romance
3)naruto (NaruHina),batclan[batman,nightwing,jla,teen titans,young justice ect.] anything with Dick Grayson thats not slash, RvB (church/Tex, church/Caralina), Pokemon (ash/misty), crossovers of these but has to be no slash and make sense.
4)med to long stories (dont care if many little chapters, few long ones, inbetween)
5)too many to list i lost count of the compleated stories ive read and have over 250 i read when new chaps come out (like this story)
6)i think your doing a good job so far
7) sorry i tryed but i wasnt able to beta for long due too conflicts in scedual (at the time i worked for the DND [Department of National Defense, canadas millatary.]). but if you ever need ideas my mind is constantly thinking of ideas for stories but i never have the drive to write them anymore and all but one of my stories are up for adoption so just give me a shout if you want any ideas or to grab a story.

dragaman
MuggleCreator chapter 11 . 9/23/2012
Didi not just read chapter "X", where the two went on to Hogsmede? And I'm certain I've read this chapter before. Oh dear! I believe you've accidentally posted "VI" instead of "XI"!
Lordban chapter 10 . 9/23/2012
Oh, the delicate balance between leaving the man you hate to die and revealing yourself to save his life... Time-travel is a pain.
MuggleCreator chapter 10 . 9/23/2012
Oh dear. Good, keep Sev as her friend.
347 | « Prev Page 1 .. 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 .. Last Next »