Reviews for The Light and the Dark
dragoon109 chapter 2 . 5/21/2013
dark aint evil. in truth i trust the dark more than the light. why? the female one power users from the wheel of time. thats why
dragoon109 chapter 1 . 5/21/2013
You killed so many bright, young minds.

exactly when did he do that? snape was a hard ass in potions yes but for good reasons. it is dangerous like VERY. so whats up with that?
kittyhawk09 chapter 39 . 4/30/2013
I'm glad you enjoyed writing it because you wrote it well. I love the scene with Lily and her mom.
Guest chapter 38 . 4/28/2013
kittyhawk09 chapter 38 . 4/24/2013
Wow what a cliffhanger. I can't wait to see where things end up.
Saint Snape chapter 38 . 4/21/2013
I am finding it hard to see to type this I am crying so much. Can't Severus find some happiness? Why does he have to sacrifice himself again? I really wanted a happy ending with for him and Lily.
KodeV chapter 38 . 4/21/2013
wow... just wow...

i'm a lost for words? i can't believe he has sacrificed his happiness (again) & feels no remorse for the death of not only lucius malfoy but the now will never be born draco malfoy.

i just can't see coming back in time to not only condem myself to misery once more, but to betray a friendship of sorts. my ideal snape wouldn't do that. he would (eventually) grab his happines & either try to save lucius or just doesn't be his friend all.

with such a shocking chapter, i DEMAND a happy lily/severus ending!
jadely31 chapter 15 . 4/21/2013
You write well and I've enjoyed this story so far. I would prefer that Severus find another way to be of service to the light without sacrificing his humanity (again). If this story takes a different turn than Snape becoming a marked Death Eater, I'll hang with it. It has been good so far.
Professor Radar chapter 38 . 4/21/2013
Why did he not tell Lily that he was working for Dumbledore? As much as I want Severus and Lily to stay together I'm starting to not feel bad for your Severus. He's being foolish by not telling her some things at least. He's being so emo that he's not even trying anymore. He's pushing Lily away when he doesn't have to- just so that he can continue to suffer and refuse happiness.

I think that if canon Severus had a second chance he would do everything in his power to woo Lily and have her love him the same way. Hell, even Rowling has said this. He is wasting his second chance by his own disappointing decisions and self-pity. After all this I'm still standing by my first impression- Severus should have never came back.
Missyick chapter 38 . 4/21/2013
OH MY GODDDDD! This was so intense, I can' t breath... Oh please update soon! I'm dying to know what happen next!urrggghh
Zhenzhen87 chapter 38 . 4/21/2013
I love the good riddance part! Awesome chapter!
mldcmx chapter 16 . 4/14/2013
Hello! I just came across your story today! I’m not quite caught up with the chapters, but I just wanted to say I am now an absolute fan of “The Light and the Dark”. This is pretty much a rabid fan letter I’m writing to you, so I’m sorry if you get tired reading half-way, but I wanted to show my appreciation!

After reading/watching everything about Severus Snape from the actual series, he pretty much became my favorite among the Harry Potter books/films. His cause and loyalty was absolutely astounding and touching even! The backstory of his relationship with Lily was so bittersweet that I couldn’t help but groan when she ended up with James. Then I thought “there’s gotta be someone out there that will write a story about these two that will ease the agony of fans who ship this pairing” and viola! I came across your story.

I can’t tell you how beautiful your story is. Not only the plot, but your writing style as well.

Regarding the Plot: I kind of felt tricked by your story because I was looking for a nice romantic plot that will end well, but the path I see you taking with Severus (being a double agent again) feels like the 2002 film “The Time Machine” or the 2004 film “The Butterfly Effect” more so the former. The plot tends to have the protagonist travel back in time to save the one they love but in the end, they can’t change the past and events repeat themselves, rearranged differently or in a different form, but the end result is the same. I’m not saying you’re taking this path, but your story does have that vibe and I’m already trying to prepare myself for the mental damage you may choose to give. I’m not saying this is a bad thing because high quality stories usually take this form (protagonist must endure hopeless trials and suffer in order to have a good ending). You know what they say, you need to know what misery is in order to know happiness. Your story is certainly high quality with a nice pacing in my opinion.

About the Writing Style: I love your mastery of Severus’ sarcastic insults. Your use of sophistication, British slang, and cunning remarks are truly something to worship. How DO you do it? Sometimes, your portrayal of Severus in this story was too much for me to handle at times because you mixing his brilliance with emo-ness was dwuah! Makes me want to beat my chest with a peace sign and go “Brotha, I’m totally feelin ya.”

I don’t even know if I made any sense whatsoever about what I just typed, but the bottom line is, I love absolutely every part of your story in every sort of way and wanted to thank you for taking your time to write such a beautiful, creative, and amusing fan fiction about this rare pairing (or not so rare, I don’t know, I just got into this fandom). So, THANK YOU! Please continue writing this story til the end. You have my support, cheers, and everything that a fan could give you.

Take care and best of wishes in your writing adventures!
Zireael07 chapter 37 . 4/14/2013
I love the chapter. Brilliant!
Zhenzhen87 chapter 37 . 4/14/2013
Oh my god! This chapter is so captivating! I love it!
kittyhawk09 chapter 36 . 3/29/2013
Thank you for the update. Very poetic.
340 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »