Reviews for Boxes
Nerd Girl 1 chapter 4 . 12h ago
This story truly makes me happy! I think you've portrayed the a genderfluid person's feelings perfectly, while at the same time keeping it true to Noodle's character. Great fic!
Zombilon chapter 1 . 8/30/2013
;-;
It is exactly like how I feel! Genderfluency for the win... And Schitzophrenia!
I loved this fic, it serves as a sort of inspiration for me haha...
Got-My-Head-in-the-Clouds chapter 2 . 10/13/2012
Ah, sorry for posting two reviews, but I just have to add this. I absolutely love how you include Noodle's envy of 2D for having a clear gender-identity.

"2D wears pink shirts and socks and underpants, and he giggles and his voice squeaks, but he still looks like a boy, he's happy being a boy, he's *always* a boy, and you hurl the Coke at his head and flee the room before the can bursts against the wall." This line is especially powerful to me, and I can sympathize with Noodle very much on this account. The fact that you are able to show Noodle's emotions without outright stating which emotions are being felt makes the line that much more powerful.

So again, keep up the excellent writing.
Got-My-Head-in-the-Clouds chapter 4 . 10/13/2012
As a genderfluid individual, I love you. So. Freaking. Much. I can barely express my love for you.
Seriously. When Noodle says that she wishes she could say what she is (be a girl or a boy) I almost started crying, since I went through the exact same thing when I was sixteen or seventeen.

I especially loved that Murdoc was the one to help and to be sympathetic/understanding. It was unexpected, yet made perfect sense in your story.

I also liked the recurring box theme. That was well-done and a very good touch that tied each of the chapters together in an almost poetic way.

Thank you for writing this, and for accurately depicting what it's like to be genderfluid.

I shall now rush to your profile to read more of your writing.
Mrhjklmdg chapter 4 . 9/27/2012
Continuation? Please?
Guest chapter 3 . 9/1/2012
It has been a very,very long time since ive found a gorillaz fanfic Ive actually loved. Im trying to find the words to describe this. Everyone is completely in character and it is honestly, perfect. This made me cry a little. Especially the interaction between murdoc and noodle. Well done this is superb :)
theskywasmadeofAmethyst chapter 3 . 8/31/2012
I sincerely hope you continue with this story. ever since i've discovered it it's had a special place in my heart. you write about a very delicate and uneasy situation so eloquently that it pulls at my heart strings. i love the relationship between Muds and Noodle that you portray and that while their bandmates may not understand, it doesn't matter because they don't have to as long as Noodle is happy. this is the best fic dealing with trans* issues that i've read so far. :)
looooouisee chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
Wow this is really clever. And very well done. I love how you've done it from her POV and how you've explained her relationship with everyone else. What she really thinks about them all. Really great!
Kukapetal chapter 3 . 8/16/2012
Love Noodle's take on the Cyborg and the similarities and differences between them.
The Strawberry Phoenix chapter 2 . 8/14/2012
I'm not genderfluid, but I am an androgynous asexual (put simply, I am a girl with the mindset of a boy, but I show no desire to change my gender) This story is, so far, very wonderful. It genuinely warms my heart to see someone taking such an interest in the subject. The world isn't all homo and heterosexuals, there's a lot of variation out there. The human mind is an amazing thing. Keep going with this story, I see a lot of potential.
The Strawberry Phoenix
authority02 chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
I love this. This is great.
Raccoon Child chapter 1 . 8/9/2012
Damn, that last sentence was so fucking clever. Noodle hates boxes... figuratively speaking. I hope I'm not just tripping. XD
Murdocx2D4ever chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
I love it so far! Please continue!
Mrhjklmdg chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
Please dont tell me it's just a one shot.
Kukapetal chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
Very well written, especially for a story dealing with such a sensitive subject. You also get major credit for trying something different ;) Nice work!