Reviews for In Her Own Way
I love it.
AudiLion chapter 2 . 1/6/2014
Heather and courtmey make the best female duo evr!
i-hate-life99 chapter 1 . 10/31/2013
Amazing story.
I love your stories they are great.
96bittersweetblackcat chapter 2 . 9/22/2013
Alls well ends well I suppose :)
DuncneyLover chapter 2 . 9/22/2013
This was amazing I hope Courtney really does win Total Drama All Stars!
Jade's One of a Kind chapter 2 . 9/22/2013
Extraordinary...*Favorites Story*

Want to know my perceptions? You truly captured both Heather and Courtney through strength and sympathetic value. Like, it's so on point, I could witness something happening between these two. They've always been at odds with each other, and I still spot the negligent connection. I'd be fond for you to send letters to the Total Drama crew to shape something like this up.

'DxG rules, Courtney always tried to change Duncan; Gwen liked him for who he is, He's punk and she's Goth; they're compatible'...NO, NO, NO! What in the name of hell is wrong with those people?! I LOATHE how they reject the pure broken heart Courtney is enduring! Courtney's been a bitch to practically everyone, but she has never truly HURT someone like that (possibly Justin, but I believe Courtney did apologize by watching him plummet to the ground...hehe).

And I'll say, she is deprived from her season 1 self with the Frustrated Insane chick because...

1. The freaking writers. Can't they do anything in her favor?
&
2. Just about every other damned contestant on the show. When Harold discreetly switched the votes on her for his gain; when it was primarily DUNCAN'S fault, the rage of hers ignited. She became how she was in TDA since she didn't want to be known as the girl who got voted off because of her infatuations with a mere boy. She wanted to show everyone who Courtney can be. She's the Type A; it's in her nature become such when she fails. Though it might have been over the top, this was only her PLAYING THE GAME. Like how Heather has? Courtney knew what she was doing, but against her part, she hasn't concluded her wrongs. That can be a justifiable reason to be against her, though it may not be enough.

And what's with all the Courtney torture in Season 3 after that cheating kiss?! Letting her become deranged and clingy with the Gwuncan relationship...what?! That isn't her character at all! Oh wait, I know why she is like this...BECAUSE DUNCAN AND COURTNEY WERE A THING SINCE SEASON ONE, WENT THROUGH A LOT TOGETHER; EVEN HELPING EACH OTHER FACE THEIR FEARS, DUNCAN WAS STILL INFATUATED WITH HER EVEN WHEN SHE DIDN'T QUALIFY IN TDA, THEY GOT FREAKING MATCHING TATTOOS...! I mean, how could the writers destroy their relationship ever all this?! After all of that time together, and having Duncan feel no remorse upon his actions?! Bullshit! Total and utter bullshit! F*ck Gwuncan; they'll never become how Duncney has been...not in an infinite amount of years! Like hell! -_-

*Sigh* But we can't force Gwuncan fans to change their mind; if they prefer this couple, they prefer this couple. Courtney does have a flaw that they could retaliate against; not being able to admit her wrongs in the doing. But I wish they could accumulate this fanfic into their mindset that Gwen and Duncan aren't saints in the situation. Definitely not. As it was partially Courtney's fault of the cheating, they're extremely in the wrong of committing it.

Gwen fans, she isn't the victim, but she's playing herself as one. In Total Drama All Stars, here was her words in her apology towards Courtney, "Even though I technically didn't do anything wrong," Excuse me? Can you say, 'What in flying f*ck, Gwen?'

And here is her argument towards the cheating in World Tour. "He wasn't her boyfriend at the time!" Uh, what happened to the incredible remorseful feeling she had when she kissed Duncan? 'Wasn't her boyfriend at the time'? Backtrack to the Celebrity Manhunt special; they kissed, which represented their still ongoing feelings to each other. You still can't encourage the kiss inflicted upon you; maybe you weren't sure that they kissed on the bus (which you must have because of the bus swerving). But if you weren't sure, don't keep kissing him! Have Dunacn endure a proper breakup to Courtney first, then...no, I still assume dating him isn't ideal. You were befriending Courtney, by the way. It's known to never be right to kiss and date your friend's ex. But, in Gwen's defense, she was antisocial. That is yet another valid reason to put the blame on Courtney. Here that, DxG fans? You got Courtney being unable to admit her wrongs, and Gwen, due to being antisocial, hadn't experience these outcomes.

Now, Duncan...what in flying f*ck happened to you? What happened to the 'I like it when you talk like that'? What happened to all the love you placed onto Courtney? Last time I checked, you caught a thrill in her bratty self and just...all of her. You WANTED her. You can't just throw that all away! It's permanently reminded on your skin, now. The tattoo? Man, I so want the writers to involve the tattoos, again. They can't neglect that. If they do, they're f*cking idiots, I'm going to hunt down their address, and write an angry letter to them. There's literally no way to avoid what you done, Duncan. All the hate, the bloggers Sierra mentioned, even Gwen neglecting your presence in the second challenge in TDAS (Which is wrong in doing such to your boyfriend, Gwen)...you can't escape all the shit you caused! Be a f*cking man for once! Man the f*ck up! I bet Courtney did attempted to change you since she knew you were slipping away...in a strange abstraction, she was attempting to save your relationship. But you screwed it over, went behind her back, kissed Gwen, and screwed her over. Now, she may be done with all the hate, and what you caused. And you don't give a flying shit. You don't want to be apart of anything. 'She better not sulk the whole time'? In your defense, she shouldn't. She should be able to get over it. But that proves my point that you don't give a shit for the mess you caused. Which is so...uncharacteristic of you. I know you're a bad boy, but dude...that's some downright pain you did. Even Chris didn't break the hearts of the teens; he harmed them, but never broke them. You're...purely evil and...just sadistic. What happened to your soft side...'played it for the cameras'? No...no, I thought you were genuine. Remember 'At least I'm straight with people!'? No...no, you aren't. Because if you were, this business would've never happened...

I'm just about done with my rant, here. Have any opinions, just PM me. But nonetheless, this piece was just marvelous. Here may be a future story you may conduct.

Was is Duncan the douchest of the douche? What happened?

Just something at the top of my mind while inscribing this. Take care of your gradual well-being. :)
iamsoproh chapter 2 . 9/22/2013
This is beautiful! I loved your ideas about Heather's moral compass and Courtney's newfound strength, plus this was very well written. Great job! :)
PabloPenguin1800 chapter 2 . 9/22/2013
Not sure why I wanted to review...I just thought I should say this is...amazing! Courtney has her fire back! Yes!

PabloPenguin1800
xXBeyondBirthdayLoverXx chapter 1 . 7/27/2013
PLEASE WRITE THE SECOND CHAPTER! PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE! IT'S AMAZING! :'D
jokerXharley774 chapter 1 . 7/9/2013
Please write more! Its amazing! I really hate DuncanXGwen! DuncanXCourtney Forever! xD I know courtney shouldnt have been bossy, but Gwen AND Duncan shouldnt have done that to her. Its called "breaking up" instead of "cheating"! SMH!
Guest chapter 1 . 4/4/2013
Please continue this story! It's really good and it shows a new side of heather I never knew existed. This story is worth a good ending
duncanxcourtney chapter 1 . 3/16/2013
Ima crying already heather u so nice
KawaiiChibi-tan chapter 1 . 10/27/2012
awww this was really good! you go heather!
Karashi chapter 1 . 10/11/2012
I honestly, honestly, honestly LOATHE Heather on a personal basis. But as a character she is incredibly fun to watch. The fact that you were able to make her into a sympathetic character speaks volumes of your understanding and ability to portray characters. Bravo! I can't wait for the second chapter!
IHeartDuncney chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
For the love of Duncney, Aleheather, and Gigette please please please update. This story is awesome and really captures what the writers of total drama should have captured.