Reviews for Where Your Gentle Wing Rests
this is how rebuild should have ended. fuck, disney princess shinji, im laughing so hard. this is impossibly sweet
isadorator chapter 9 . 1/23
I had to read this a couple of times to get my head around it and I still don't think I can articulate my feelings for this chapter properly, but I'll give it my best shot.

I do like the concept of this fic, since this sort of scenario - where a character is dropped into a better/different version of their world with memories of the old one intact - usually only goes as far as one or two people, not a whole bunch at once like this. Which makes me wonder how many people got pulled into this world via Third Impact, if arriving is the consequence of rejecting Instrumentality and choosing to live as an individual. Maybe the pilots and NERV-affiliated people are the first to arrive because they actually know what is going on with Third Impact. Maybe soon there will be a flood of people arriving from the EVA world and the only people who will be unaffected by the memories of that world will be the people who were never born there, because of the population drop.

BUT ALL OF THAT IS SPECULATION AND NOT ACTUALLY ABOUT THE FIC ITSELF. The kawoshin was super cute and reading this really made me remember how much I love the way you write. There's a sort-of 'rebuilding after the hurricane' feeling to this fic, that resonates with me and the emotional place I'm in right now. This one is going to stick with me for a while, I can tell.

Just... the way they compare and reflect on their Evaverse selves and their current, happier selves is fascinating and familiar to me, as a person who's learning to manage their depression (as opposed to not even being aware they have it). And I guess something similar is happening to them as well, considering all the issues their EVA selves have.

I don't know! I'm trying to explain to you and myself why I love this fic so much and why I'm thinking so deeply about it. And even with all these words, I still feel like I'm not describing it adequetly. But all of this is being typed on my phone and my wrist is starting to hurt, so I will end this review by saying, know matter what rambly thoughts I have on the subject, I really do adore this fic. Thanks for writing yet another great story! :'D
Literary Eagle chapter 9 . 1/21
An interesting, bittersweet take on the popular "happy world AU/reset" concept! Yes, it hurts, but at least this way the lessons from the sadder world aren't lost. And hopefully it will bring everyone closer together, because they won't want to repeat the mistakes of the past. Thanks for posting this!
nitorichan chapter 4 . 8/29/2015
Oh i really loved this chapter bc of the swap verse. I love how you put the characters in their different verse roles. And kaworu and shinji having a child im squealing i dig that shit
nitorichan chapter 1 . 8/20/2015
Oh this is so good i love it! Well except for the sad alternate ending ;_;. But yea kaworu is so sweet and i love how he dotes on shinji so much. I must tell you i cried at the first part where they snuggled in the morning. FUZZY FEELS MAKE ME CRY. And it got dark and shinji was turning into an angel bc kawo wants him to be by his side forever? Too perfect omfg i think your kawoshin in canonverse fics are the best put there tbh
Firehedgehog chapter 8 . 6/5/2015
Fireminer chapter 8 . 6/3/2015
At least it's less nightmarish than Babyon.

It's weird - In 3.0, every time Shinji tried to do something good, people twisted it for their own agendas. And this time, something good did happen, but not because of him.
Starfire99 chapter 1 . 6/2/2015
While I'm not a fan of yaoi or shounen ai stories, so I won't be reading this story, I have to say the title of this story is probably the best title I've seen yet for a story. I just wanted to say that.
Literary Eagle chapter 8 . 5/30/2015
Aww, so adorable! (Except it's sad that Shinji believes Asuka hates him, but now that the world's been repaired, hopefully they have time to get that all sorted out.) A beautiful world where the animals love Shinji... heh, the "Disney princess" comparison is making me imagine Shinji getting dressed by songbirds every morning. XD
The Only Love For Soujiro Seta chapter 7 . 5/24/2015
These were good too!
Krolshi chapter 7 . 2/15/2015
Oh my god (sorry I couldn 't read this sooner xc ) this is definitely something that would have made a great scene in Eva . It 's so relaxing and sweet and yes fluffy (oh so fluffy x3 ) compared to the bs being thrown at Shinji ;u; Thabk you again for writing this !
And since I 'm here I might start on this one xD
AgnetCoCo chapter 7 . 2/9/2015
Please update soon
Arisa chapter 1 . 1/27/2015
Oh, what a beautiful story. It made me feel a bit light-headed though. I couldn't stop reading until the very end. Now, I'll take a little break from reading, but I'll be back in a few hours to read the next chapter ;)
Love you so much for writing such a perfect fic 3
Fireminer chapter 7 . 1/26/2015
Are you sure that you wrote this?
Guess you could be like this once in a while.
Literary Eagle chapter 7 . 1/25/2015
Heh, Kaworu and his puns. This was sweet, and Shinji being reminded of Rei was a nice touch, since that's pretty much what he says in the episode ("He was like me, and like Ayanami"). Oh, and that last line was just perfect!