Reviews for To the Sea
Aria Breuer chapter 8 . 3/30/2013
This was a good story.

I think I understand the angst part, since it felt that way throughout the story. You did well keeping Frodo and Sam in-character. I think I can see why their friendship stayed strong, long after the quest for Mordor. I didn't think, until reading this story, how tight-knit their friendship was.

Good work.

-Aria Breuer

P.S. I'm putting this story in my community. The story was well-written, and it balanced between the events with Frodo and Sam.
hobitsesss chapter 1 . 7/24/2011
Please write more hobbit stories. You write really good ones, and I'm glad they are not slash.
marysuewannabe chapter 1 . 10/11/2010
Can I be a Mary Sue in your story? I am the most perfectly beautiful elf every seen. My name is . I looovvveeeee that is too normal. I looovveee Frooodooo. He is four feet shorter than me so we would look ridiculous together.
orc mother chapter 3 . 2/5/2010
Orca! Orci! and Orcet time for a spanking!
IreneHolmes chapter 5 . 1/11/2010
Hey, I just wanted to say something I was too busy angsting to say before: THANK YOU FOR NOT KILLING FRODO AND SAM! You're the first person I've come across who shares my reverse-aging theory, it gladdens my heart.
SAmwise chapter 1 . 5/13/2005
omg..i heart you ...this fan fic is so good ...my bestfriend and i are frodo and sam...and this summer ...3 months with out each other is going to feel like 60 years...i thank you for your writing...you rock my hobbit feet
Sovereign of Silence3 chapter 7 . 9/7/2004
omg, i planned on signing this after i finished reading the whole story. But i can't wait. I LOVE IT SO MUCH...this is what i always wanted, I hated the ending about Sam and Frodo parting. I was reading this other person's works about the same thing, but they hadn't finished yet (it's kinda new). You were under their favourite author's list so i decided to check it out. and i am so glad that i did. Thank you, for making me and others so happy!
namelessbulldog chapter 8 . 5/30/2004
wow... it's cliched... but... I'm sobbing onto the keyboard... and the Beu Sisters are singing "Anytime You Need A Friend" in the background... oh, perfect moment, I'll think of this one whenever I watch ROTK now.

Perfect. Just enough slash mistiness to satisfy, but not enough to take away the wholesomeness of the story. Forget fanfiction, this one is going on my Web favorites.

Wow... I've been waiting to see someone tell this for years. But you did it marvelously. A few moments, yes, when I thought CLICHE! but... just... wow.

When you're scared,

I will stay with you,

When you feel you're falling,

I'll lift you.

When you're heart breaks,

I'll ease your aches,

Whatever it takes, I'm in-

Anytime you need a friend.

I take my leave... I must go read it again...
Hobittien Ruhtinas chapter 8 . 6/24/2003
"Frodo grabbed his arm and pulled him back down. Sam gasped and looked up at him, surprised. Frodo just shook his head, glaring playfully at his friend. “When will you learn, Sam,” he said, his tone lightly mocking, “that you’re not, and have never been, a nuisance to me?”

Heh heh... x')

"He leaned forward and placed the barest brush of a kiss on Sam’s curls before closing his eyes. Just before he dropped off, he heard Sam murmur, “I love you, sir.”

*speachless* :') :') :') :')
Hobittien Ruhtinas chapter 7 . 6/24/2003
*must be dead now that her heart has melted*
Hobittien Ruhtinas chapter 6 . 6/24/2003
:D :D :D :D :D

I was chuckling with my heart flooding with love for Frodo when I saw him pacing nervously on the dock as the Elven ship was nearing... x') x')
Hobittien Ruhtinas chapter 5 . 6/24/2003
Oh, please, dear, don't mind if some of the chapters are shorter or short. 'cause I don't and I do believe many other readers don't either.

For you seem to capture something special in them anyway. the "real feeling" - the deepest meaning and point of the thing you are writing.

No need for longer in those cases.

Dolphins. Sea. Oh how I long to get there too. On to sailing ship, sailing to somewhere far away from cities and stuff - where the sea is free and maybe almost untouched if you can say so.

I've never been. And everytime I read LotR - in the end my heart says it wants to lead me there someday.

*sighs*
Hobittien Ruhtinas chapter 4 . 6/24/2003
...for the rest of eternity."

xD x'D

Oh how I like that idea.

I mean...I realized here that Frodo and Sam would never have to part again. Never. They'd be forever young - forever together.

That comforts me more than anything.

"Oh, thinking about all our younger years.

There was only you and me,

we were young and wild and free.

Now nothing can take you away from me.

We've been down that road before

but that's over now.

You keep me coming back for more.

I'm finding it hard to believe - we're in Heaven.

And love is all that I need

and I found that there in your heart.

It isn't too hard to see - we're in Heaven.

Now our dreams are coming true.

Through the good times and the bad

I'll be standing there by you."

Bryan Adams - "Heaven",

tells about lovers but could go for best friends too. :)
Hobittien Ruhtinas chapter 3 . 6/24/2003
I've always liked to think that in the Heaven talked about in the Bible makes people young and healthy again. No matter how old you are ehwn you die or how brutally you die - you'll be in your best strenght there - in a place where you finaly find peace.

Therefor, Undying Lands could be compared to Heaven.

I always have compared them.

The only difference I see is that to the Undying Lands not everyone can get.

Only the elves and those who have bore the Great Rings.

"Is the Undying Lands Heaven?"

Someone has asked that somewhere and I'd answer; Yes, yes it is, but yet different. Though Middle-Earth is placed int oEurope and many things compare to our reality and life, it's never quite the same.

Actually, i believe that Arda includin Middle-Earth and Undying Lands and whatever I do not know about yet, is somewhere out there, in a place WE can't get to before we die in this world. And only those who truly believe it is there - can get there.

My heart and soul already lives there yet it's my body's prisoner. When my body dies my soul is free. And I believe this goes for evryone.

Although I have another idea too:

I have a strong faith in transmigration of souls.

Maybe some of us who know love Middle-Earth so deeply have been there in some previous life.

And maybe we are born there in next one.

Ok, I guess I got a little bit out of the track here.

Begging your pardon.

Now, going for the fourth chapter.

Oh how I wanna be in the Reunion chapter already!
Hobittien Ruhtinas chapter 2 . 6/24/2003
Did I alreadu rview this chapter? I don't recall. i got so lost in the sotry I already read the Changes... 8

Bilbo's words were actually comforting me as well though even without the first chapter I have never doubted that Sam wouldn't follow Frodo eventually.

I just think I can imagine Frodo's and Sam's yearn for each others during those lon long years of absence. :'(
49 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »