Reviews for Safe in the Arms of Love
Magenta-Skye chapter 20 . 1/25/2014
I was thoroughly enthralled by this story, I couldn't stop reading if I tried. :)
Persadia chapter 20 . 6/1/2013
OMG. That was amazing. You wouldn't remember me, but I was here when you first published this story... But I'd drifted away before it was done. Back then, I was known as 'Mary Ann Gilligan'... I squealed aloud so many times as I read this, it wasn't even funny. :)
Teobi chapter 20 . 1/2/2013
MATTHEW! I'd pick you up and swing you around if I could! Thanks so much for coming back to round off this beautiful story with a much anticipatd epilogue.

So generous of Skipper to move out so that Mr. and Mrs. Gilligan could move in! I do hope that once they get back home, Capt. Grumby will find a lady of his own :)

Ginger and the Professor, married as well. Fantastic! Give them their own show! Full of test tube double entendres!

As for Gilligan- 'She found him where she knew he would be, standing on the fantail of the ship, looking back at the island which had been their home for so long.'

- I can see him. Standing at ease with his hands behind his back, like he always does on the show. It's a nice little Naval touch.

And a pregnancy to top it all off! And a neat way to soften the blow of leaving the island which had been their home for so long, for with every ending comes a new beginning. A little baby Gilligan and a lifetime of love.

So beautiful. Thank you so much for a wonderful story, Matt. Hope everything's well with you in your new(ish) job.

T xx
JWood201 chapter 20 . 1/1/2013
Yaaaaay, you're back! Real life has gotten in my way lately, but I'm glad you returned to finish this tale.

What a wonderful wrap up to this story. Not only do they finally get rescued, but TWO WEDDINGS AND A BABY! Aaahhhh! My feelings!

Thank you so much for this uplifting start to the new year. Hope you had a fantastic holiday and hope to see more of your work in 2013. :)
TereseLucy384 chapter 20 . 1/1/2013
Awww what a wonderful ending :) I love the thought of Gilligan as a Daddy. I can already hear Aunt Martha - as soon as that baby pops out, she'll be lobbying for more.

Thanks for the great update, Matthew.
Matthew White chapter 19 . 11/22/2012
I do intend to finish this, RL has gotten in the way. I started a new job on 10/1 and it has been crazy busy.

Matt
Guest chapter 19 . 11/20/2012
Just wondering how the epilogue is going.
Teobi chapter 19 . 9/28/2012
Hooray for the Russians! Hooray for the USA! Hooray for team work! It's what Sherwood Schwartz would have wanted :)

What I loved about this story is that the asteroid wasn't the whole focus of it. Rather, you used the impending catastrophe to bring Mary Ann and Gilligan (or should I call him William now?) together. The amnesia episode tallied with the rush to climb to safer ground, lent everything a hurried air. Gilligan was forced to admit his feelings to himself and Mary Ann was made to realise the depth of her feelings for Gilligan through her diary entries, and her own sense that somehow they were meant to be together. They were soul mates.

. She could feel the presence of her husband, his arm still draped around her as he slept. She was confused, not expecting to wake at all, or to find herself in a place of light. The cool darkness of her surroundings set her ill at ease.

Yes, it would be quite a shock, expecting to wake up dead and waking up finding you're still alive. Or *are* you?

. He stood and took her hands to help her up. "William, I'm scared," she said as they walked towards the light, with her wrapped on his arm.

Walking towards the light!

I love the radio announcer too. (Friendly Henry as usual, I imagine?)

- "In a joint statement issued by the White House and the Kremlin, it was stated that, while we are separated by political boarders, and both political and ideological differences, it is a fundamental truth that we are all citizens of Earth."

"Two rockets were used in the operation, a Saturn V, launched from Cape Kennedy, and a N1, launched from the Baikonur Cosmodome."

How come 'The Baikonur Cosmodome' sounds like a mysterious, slightly sinister place full of men in dark glasses, whereas 'Cape Kennedy' sounds like an annex of DisneyWorld? :-)

. "I guess the Skipper was right," said the Professor. "The United States and the Soviet Union working for the common good is a miracle."

- Hooray for miracles, that's all I can say :)

. "Maybe we will end up being friends with the Russians, instead of fighting and threatening each other."

"We may at that, Gilligan."

- One day, Gilligan, one day. (Just tell it to your Spy Double when he turns up with his shiny gold pocketknife! Sorry, Matt- I have a Spy Gilligan obsession :-))

So, the asteroid forced Ginger and the Professor to admit their love for one another too, a scientific expedition is coming to explore the island chains, and there's going to be a double wedding! Things could not get any better for our happy castaways.

. "I'm going to miss our island, William."

"I'll miss it too, Mary Ann. Maybe we can hide when the boat comes for everyone else."

"Don't think that I haven't thought about it."

- Wheee! JWood201 and I may get our hordes of wild MAG children yet! Lol.

"...a long hot shower would be nice," he added.

"You mean a long hot shower, with each other," Mary Ann said conspiratorially. She turned to draw him in for a long kiss. They stayed in each other's arms for a long time.

- Whoo-paa! Bring on the long hot showers with each other!

. "Do you want a big family, Mary Ann?"

"Not as big as Aunt Martha would want. I love children, but I want to have time for my husband too. I want our children to know how much we love each other."

"Me too," replied Gilligan, pulling her closer. He whispered into her ear, "So, when do we start?"

- What! GILLIGAN! Ay carumba. Your children will definitely know how much you love each other if they're in the next room! they'll be like, "Ugh, Mom and Dad are doing it AGAIN." "Gross." *Pillows over heads*

Awww, but I loved this story so much. If I didn't know there was more to come, I'd say I was really sorry to see it end, but it sounds like it's going to be quite a saga, and I can't wait to read the further adventures of MAG and PINGER as they start a new life as newlyweds on the mainland!

Bravo, Matt *stands and cheers*. Excellent work, and can't wait for the sequel.

Yours in admiration,

Teebs xx
tomboy author chapter 19 . 9/27/2012
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwww that's all I can say is aaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwww.

Beautiful, sometimes I have to admit it got a little corny but overall absolutely fabulous. GO MAG MAG MAG.

So where are you going to go with this? You could finish it soon after this or keep going on to the rescue and life back home. Whatever you decide you should be super proud of this story because it is AWSOME!

"Do you want a big family, Mary Ann?"

"My, aren't we getting frisky. Save it for tomorrow night, my love. And I want to start our family soon, very soon."

With that, she joined her lips with his.-LOL WOW Gilligan someone has seriously grown up. Ha ha this was a great ending to the chapter. I am so happy they survived.

Keep up the awsome MAG work you have many fans.

tomboy author out
TereseLucy384 chapter 19 . 9/27/2012
Loved it, Matthew - Start to Finish!

What a wonderful story . . . romantic, riveting . . . thanks so much for posting this for us all to share. A little MAG goes a long way ;)

I love how you wrapped it up, and how the US and Russia worked together to save the planet . . . a sign of things to come.

I hope we get to see more of your work.

T
Teobi chapter 18 . 9/20/2012
You know I said I'm supposed to be painting and decorating? Haha. I fail. Today I just want to immerse myself in Gilligan's Island :)

Chapter 17, and I'm still feeling that warm glow from chapter 16. From knowing that Mary Ann's memory finally returned during the physical act of love with her new husband. Gilligan really is a miracle worker!

I don't know what it is about this sentence that makes me feel all ferklempt- 'Despite the impending doom, that they all faced, Mary Ann was at peace with herself. I got engaged, married, and made love with the man of my dreams, all in the same night. Even now, she felt as if she was walking on air.' - I think it's that fact that Mary Ann's at peace with herself, at peace with the fact that this might be their last day on Earth. I hate finality- it's so...final.

. 'My husband, she thought. She still was having a hard time believing it to be true. All she had to do was close her eyes and she could still feel his hands as they caressed her skin. She felt herself flush and she forced her mind elsewhere.' - Unlike me...it's impossible for me to force my mind elsewhere :)

. "Mary Ann, you're glowing," said Ginger. - Ha! Understatement of the century!

. "When did you get your memory back?"

"It was sometime after I told him I would marry him," said Mary Ann.

- Go on,. Mary Ann...continue! "Oh, Ginger, It was in the middle of making MAD, PASSIONATE LOVE with my wonderful, sexy Sailor Man WHO I MARRIED!"

. Pesky asteroid. It really is bad manners to pulverise a pair of newly-weds...

. Gilligan is so grown up now that he's lost his virginity and is a married man. Comforting the Skipper with a nice, manly pat on the shoulder. Skipper should rightly be proud of his not-so Little Buddy!

Then it's all brisk efficiency as the castaways make their way up into their cave shelter in preparation for the dastardly asteroid strike. Everyone goes up in the bosun's chair, and finally 'Gilligan was the last to climb, being the only member of the group who could haul himself up.' - Nice mental image there, of Gilligan's lean yet powerful muscles working hard under his shirt, and a look of grim determination on his face. Thanks, Matt :)

. 'By nightfall, the sky was filled with shooting stars. It was the largest meteor shower that any of them had ever seen.' - There's still so much beauty, even in the face of impending disaster. That's what makes this story so bittersweet.

Mary Ann and Gilligan are so peaceful in their togetherness. I absolutely adore them here, gaining strength from each other's presence, knowing they're married, that they'll be together forever, even in the afterlife (if there is one.)

. 'Holding his wife in his arms, Gilligan was at peace with himself as he contemplated all of the events that had led up to this day.' He's not as afraid of Nature as he is of man-made troubles, and I agree with him there. Nature is not deliberately evil, like people are. All those dangerous visitors like Norbert Wiley and especially Jonathan Kincaid. Nature doesn't hate or hold grudges. And if there is an Almighty, whatever He does is always for the best.

. Mary Ann tightened her embrace as she reached to take his lips with her own. They held on for a very long time.

"I love you, William," she said, as they parted.

"I love you too, Mary Ann. I always have."

And how typical that Gilligan's last conscious thought before he falls asleep is not for himself, but for his new wife.

I can't! I hope this story NEVER ENDS! So beautiful, so heartfelt. So utterly compelling and so wonderfully MAG.

Anxious for chapter 18 and beyond!

T x
Teobi chapter 17 . 9/11/2012
I have so much love for this chapter I don't even know where to begin. In fact, I did start a review earlier, but it seemed so trite that I deleted it. I wanted to be thoughtful and eloquent but I just kept squeeing like a fangirl. Everything about this chapter fills me with warmth and delight. EVERYTHING. Not least that the consummation of their marriage caused Mary Ann's memory to come back. How wonderful! How symbolic of the power of their love for each other! If I thought Gilligan was capable before, I now think he has the power of the divine! I also liked the ancient traditions of marriage, where lovers take responsibility for their own vows and pledge themselves to each other in front of the Almighty. Who needs a minister or JP when you're talking to The Man Himself?

Then I laughed at how Mary Ann's knees went weak as Gilligan displayed his authority. I can't say I blame her!

And the bit where Gilligan told Mrs. Howell that he kept his promise was very sweet, I love how she called him 'darling'.

Again, I feel unable to put into actual words how much I love that everything worked out well for Gilligan and Mary Ann, and that they were able to express their love for each other before the asteroid hits.

And, speaking of the asteroid...I guess now it's action stations, everyone needs to get up into that cave fast!

Thank you for this sweet and lovely story. Even if you had to skimp on some of the details to save your T Rating. (You know, you *could* always write a separate M fic if you wanted to write more about their expressions of love, but that's entirely up to you of course. I'd certainly want to read it.)

T xx
zafnak chapter 16 . 9/9/2012
Oh oh! Gilligan and Mary Ann, Ginger and the Professor. No doubt Mr and Mrs Howell will be doing some snuggling this night too. Poor Skipper...
zafnak chapter 6 . 9/9/2012
Gilligan got a Dear John letter? Ack!
Teobi chapter 16 . 9/7/2012
Beautifuller and beautifuller! (I know that's not a word but it ought to be!)

. 'They had not said much to each other since they left camp, but the lines of communications between the two were wide open.' - And how! I can't get over the MAGness of it all. I could read about those two enjoying a quiet stroll on a starlit beach forever. Nothing else! (Well, okay, maybe a little something else, hee hee.)

. Gilligan's knowledge of the stars. It's perfectly plausible, after all, he is a mighty sailin' man!

. The proposal. "I love you Mary Ann. I've loved you from the day we met. I only wish we had more time."

"I love you too, William. And somehow I know I always have."

- This is such a beautiful but bittersweet moment in the story. Like a crossroads. Which way will things go next? It leaves me hoping against hope that when Mary Ann regains her memory she's not going to change her mind about any of this. It would just be too heartbreaking. I think I would just die. Literally. Seriously.

. 'On the way back to their special place on the beach, Mary Ann began to sense a feeling of peace and well being, which filled her heart with joy, despite the impending danger that threatened them all.'

I sure hope it stays that way. The feeling of peace and well being I mean, not the impending danger that threatens them all... o.O

And then Ginger and the Professor! They're not going to wait until *they're* married...let's get it on before the asteroid hits, quick! Before Mrs. Howell sees us! And there's poor Roy, worrying about what Gilligan might be doing with Mary Ann. I love the Professor/Ginger interaction in this story too- but I can't help looking forward to Gilligan and Mary Ann and what they're going to do with possibly their last night on earth.

Update pls :)