Reviews for Eternal Light
Peregrin Took the Falcon chapter 1 . 5/10
And to the glee of at least one fanreader! This was a great story in my humble opinion; it gave me a little encouragement of my own, not just happiness for Katniss's.
Great fic!
Alohomora Fantasy chapter 1 . 11/8/2014
Oh my goodness THIS IS SO BEAUTIFUL! It made me sad and hopeful at the same time. I love how you depicted Maglor. I
Ailavyn Siniyash chapter 1 . 2/17/2013
Oh! So pretty! And really quite plausible, if you think about it. I don't know Hunger Games very well, but the Silmarillion is my favorite book, and I was rather fond of Maglor for awhile. Poor lost wanderer...

And I loved that bit about angels and candles and stars...

Fortune Zyne chapter 1 . 1/28/2013
This was a great story! Well done!
Fëanor was a selfish person, he didn't care about what it would cost so long as he got his Jewels back. I think even his lust for the Silmarils outweighed the grief of his father's murder. Because he swore an Oath to retrieve the SIlmarils, not anything about revenge of Morgoth...
softballgirl chapter 1 . 12/21/2012
Points for most unlikely crossover that actually works. Bravo.
mark3232 chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
Um, Middle-Earth is Europe and parts of Turkey.
GwennielOfNargothrond chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
It's been a while since I last read anything HG related, but I saw that it didn't stop me from enjoying this fic. :)
Poor Maglor for ending up in the cruel world of Panem. You did a good job writing him, though. Even in this short story his character seems nicely complex. On one hand he seems to hold a certain bitterness for his family, especially Fëanor, but on the other hand he calls the stars to shine their light on them. He is still forgiving. Even a non-Silm reader should grasp something of his personality, if not his past.
I like Katniss in this. She seems thoughtful, but in a different way than in the canonical HG. Maybe it's just because she had different thoughts on her mind... The way she asks Maglor whether he's an angel and his reply are nice. As is how they both look at the stars: it's both emotional and symbolic.
I gites this s forty would be classified as a vignette. Not much happens and not much is explained. That's okay though, because what is in focus is the atmosphere and the feelings. I like that you included the author's post script: I had been kind of wondering how Maglor would end up in the HG world. But nice story. :)