Reviews for Auldearn
redrachxo chapter 20 . 3/18/2013
The sweetness of this is adorable. I love hearing Auldearn's perspective on events in the series. And the imagery of Bertrand whispering to his teddy all excited about finding the Chosen One is sooooo cute! xo
starrrz chapter 19 . 2/27/2013
The monkey was rather too young to understand these matters.

xD So so cute!
redrachxo chapter 19 . 2/7/2013
Ahhh perfection! Just love everything about it. The conversation between Auldearn and Mr Cuddles, 'special cuddles' eeeep! Adorableness. Auldearn's mixed feelings about the boy who knows Bertrand so well and makes him cry- really tug on the heart strings, beautifully written line and of course Vlerty's arguement (Bertrand's preoccuption with breakability and inability to understand his overall hotness) and Vlad just being so gorgeously Vlad.

Happy to see more Auldearn, he has been missed.

redrachxo chapter 18 . 12/15/2012
Beautiful. Adored this. So much guilt and emotion in Bertrand. It's amazing to think of the contrast between the devious, bloodthirsty tutor who so confidently took the book and Erin and this vulnerable, adorable vampire with his teddy. Drabbles like this make me love Bertrand all the more.

No lie. I woke up on Tuesday night going AULDEARN. No! What will happen to the teddy bear now Vlad (evil, twisted sod) dusted his boy! Seriously. I really did.

redrachxo chapter 17 . 11/8/2012
This is perfection. Dark, sinister and yet weirdly innocent when seen through the eyes of Auldearn. That last line is so heartrending and sometimes despite Bertrand's angsty past it's good to be reminded of how dangeorus he is. xo
redrachxo chapter 16 . 10/27/2012
YAY proposal drabble! I thought the bears' imagining of such a scene was so cute - the part about Bertrand being horrified at Vlad getting down on one knee felt so true to his character - 'The Chosen DOES NOT kneel!' *facepalm moment for B*
But the actual proposal seems alot more like what would actually happen, B getting the wrong end of the stick and Vlad doing it in between kisses (because we all know what that vamp is like :P) xo
redrachxo chapter 15 . 10/24/2012
Oh but of course - Bertrand is a traditionalist/old fashioned sort who believes in following the proper procedures... and Vlad would just be thrilled because he's not..
Aw practising the speech was so adorable especially when I realised what it was. Oh Bertrand - why must you and the absolutely scrumptious Cesare Tauriso make me love him so much! xo
redrachxo chapter 14 . 9/24/2012
Ah so very beautiful! The description of WW1 was gorgeous- you really captured the horrors and tragedy of that war - to think that even a hardened three hundred year old vampire like B found it difficult just underlines how significant it was in history.
How Vlad comforts Bertrand is so sweet but Auldearn's thoughts about it all are the sweetest.
starrrz chapter 14 . 9/23/2012
This one is so sad, the war memories made me want to hug him.
redrachxo chapter 13 . 9/10/2012
Eeeeep! So cute! The ruefulness of the comment on holding paws was wonderful - linking back to past fics. Like the idea of Mr Cuddles II having to restrain Vlad. xo
redrachxo chapter 12 . 9/4/2012
OK, so having emerged from a darkened room ... Oh I just love this drabble beyond words but I will try. It's just utterly perfect. My heart is actually just aching for Bertrand, I don't think I've ever wanted to hug him as much as I do now and I'm just totally in love with him. I'd sit with him and share his tea and biscuits. Oh my heart! My heart! *sob*
His views on the wireless/television are just perfect - the way he is slightly unnerved by technology before embracing it because of his loneliness. The way you captured the wonder and magic of the television was fantastic because it really taps into the history/spirit of the event. And the way he enjoys the coronation but can't help linking it back to the Chosen One is so heartrending - like everything he does gets linked back to his duty and the implict joy of finding their leader.
And the imagery of him alone tidying up - *geniunely clutching at my heart* oh Bertrand! I've never wanted to eat biscuits and drink tea with a vampire as much I do now!
Apologies for the crapness of this review but in summary I adore it, I adore Bertrand (oh goodness I am doomed) and its definitely up there amongst your very best.

redrachxo chapter 10 . 9/1/2012
Oh Auldearn! Poor lonely bear waiting all those years to be cuddled. But so sweet that he loyally thinks that it was worth it in the end. And the way he consistently refers to Bertrand as his boy - adorable!
Imagery of the little boy theiving was wonderful- I got a really vivid picture in my mind. I can't help but feel relieved that it was only a display of fangs he received!
redrachxo chapter 9 . 8/30/2012
Oh beautiful! Simply beautiful. An actual chill from reading this. Auldearn's perspective is so humorous and it contrasts beautifully with Bertrand's anguish and the way you describe that one word - ahhh wow! Captured the emotion so wonderfully.

redrachxo chapter 8 . 8/29/2012
I really like stories with a sub/implicit background plot and I think they must be quite difficult to write so kudos!
The conversations between Mr Cuddles and Auldearn are just so cute! I love how Auldearn is like yeah like 1953 - whatever - like it was only a few months ago!
Vlad and Bertrand are such a lovely couple together- I like the hints of their established relationship, it seems so sweet and caring and that they really look out for one another.
Bertrand at the end was so adorable. *fangirl squeal* I mean who doesn't do stuff like that with their teddys? Lovely touch
I would love to read the vampire side of this too

redrachxo chapter 7 . 8/28/2012
This is simply delightful! Definite homer simpson drooling occuring now. Absolutely adored this one too. Auldearn is so awesome. I thought you captured his slightly prim/proper/formal way of thinking through your use of language - it really fits with his era. (Also it really fits Bertrand- they are suited in personality).
The way that teddies think about cuddling is just so sweet and adorable. Just loved Auldearn's description of Bertrand and the emphasis on fangs- you really captued his bewilderment.
And the way Auldearn thinks about Bertrand - delightful! Completely and utterly heartwarming. I am geniunely reduced to goo.

And my fangirling just got awkward...