Reviews for Blood Brothers
Cimamango chapter 16 . 4/29
Supernatural Fan Fiction Monthly Awards Review: April 2016

This was an engaging and imaginative story that kept me interested through to the end. Your ideas were strong and, for the most part, Sam and Dean were well within character. I enjoyed the touches of humour, although, on occasion, they did lessen the sense of peril for me (e.g. when Dean fought the Goliath). Your narrative really did bring the filth and the grittiness of Ancient Rome to life. Thanks so much for writing.
SPNReadingManiac chapter 16 . 4/22
Supernatural Fan Fiction Monthly Awards Review : April 2016

A great idea, well executed and a very enjoyable read. The plethora of adjective use and unconsidered alliteration, while very effective in comedy, has a tendency to rob more serious moments of their drama and tension, through the creation of inappropriate rhythm, removal of mood and occasionally self-parody. Being more sparing in their use in dramatic scenes and scenes where tension is the desired result would probably work better.
SPNReadingManiac chapter 2 . 4/21
With that name, who could doubt it?
SPNMum chapter 16 . 4/18
Supernatural Fan Fiction Monthly Awards Review - April 2016

It was nice to see this story nominated, as I have read and reviewed it before.

I have always thought that Sam and Dean would fit right in a world of Roman Gladiators. Your story made that happen. You did a wonderful job of showing just how deprived and depraved the people were during this era. Sam and Dean were both revolted by the way they were treated, and I enjoyed how they managed to remain themselves during this trial. I laughed out loud when I read about Dean smashing his nose on Sam's back, when they were captives in the cart. I could picture everything that happened to Sam and Dean quite clearly.I ached for Bobby to get them back home safely. What a horrible way for the brothers to return home, too. Having to hurt each other, in order to win their freedom, just to satisfy the ego of that pig emperor was terrible. I'm sure an experience like that would stick with Sam, Dean, and Bobby for a long time, as you showed us at the end. Nicely done.
beckini chapter 16 . 1/5
I love this story! EXCELLENT!
xAnita88x chapter 16 . 7/2/2013
Brilliant story, very original. The fight scenes were perfectly described and exciting to read, my favourite was with Dean and the scary giant man lol, that's only because I hate seeing the boys fight each other. Your Eric was a nice touch also, very sad that he didn't make it home, but I loved wot the guys did with the coins and the money very much in character with Dean keeping some for themselves ; ) Loved it!
Edina Clouds chapter 16 . 5/11/2013
very well written sweetie - you'll need to follow up with a sequel after we've visited the coliseum!
Chick Feed chapter 16 . 2/1/2013
Hey there Genius.
This has kept me gripped from the outset. I have loved how authentic you have been, naming the pieces of leather armour correctly, not romantasising anything, keeping it real. Also loved the idea of the whole thing and very, very glad you let the emperer be grasciouse in the end and gift both boys with their freedom. I also think the wonderful Bobby deserved his 2K, simply for his heroism in manging to carrying the guys :D
Excellent read. Thank you.
Chick xx
ll Kairi ll chapter 16 . 11/22/2012
I can see Dean doing tht. ;) exactly like that.

Your story was really really really good! Unique! I felt sorry for the boys of having to fight one another, but it was fun to read. One thing I liked was that you didn't have one of them win. They both stopped like at the same time. In my mind, they are like equal in strength. I liked that. :)

How did you come up with the idea of sending them to Ancient Rome? Either way, great job. I really enjoyed reading your story. Amazing! And you really kept the boys in character too!

ccase13 chapter 16 . 11/16/2012
I'm glad the boys kept a little roman gold. Eric wpould approve of funding hunters too.
Sahkess chapter 16 . 11/16/2012
:O I didn't comment yet! What a fantastic ending to the story, absolutely loved it! Their little gesture to Eric, just so sweet and perfect for the boys. And Bobby, of course...*sigh* how I love him.
Very, very well done, I'll miss the eager nailbiting that accompanied waiting for the next chapter for sure! Thank you!
MeAzrael chapter 16 . 11/11/2012
Yay! A fab last chapter, my dear! Awesome banter in the beginning (which never fails to warm my mistreated heart), then Sam having his thoughts about what they had to do to protect each other (and really - that was a plot that Eric would have loved, I bet! So nasty, and still so brilliant :-) and Bobby, being the man we all love and doing the right thing (and there's no end to this love, so he better come back in one way or the other).

Loved that you made the brothers give the money to charity in Eric's hometown, giving their souls and his soul the peace they deserve! And I had to chuckle about Dean keeping two coins - ahh, God bless him, someone HAS to care for the Winchesters!

Thumbs up for a totally awesome story. Can you hear the arena stomping and shouting with joy? Yep - guess you can.

xx Kate
masondixon chapter 16 . 11/9/2012
A very nice ending. Bobby did what I couldn't have done but he is a better person than I am. And the boys did something wonderful in Eric's memory. Very nice.

And Dean made sure the three of them came out of that hellish ordeal with at least a little bit of a reward :)

Enjoyed this story very much and I will miss it.

But I am SURE you have another one ready to be shared with all of us readers, right?! You know I am an addict and it is not nice to force me into withdrawal for too long.

Thank You.
SPN Mum chapter 16 . 11/8/2012
I am so happy to see that the boys are going to be okay after their ordeal. As horrible as it was for them to beat each other up like that, at least they were able to leave the past together. One of them didn't have to be left behind. That would have killed them for sure, to be parted like that. I'm sure Bobby is totally grateful to get them back, and that is the only thing that allowed him to release the emperor from his binding spell. Lucky for the emperor that he sent them back to Bobby alive. I love that Dean kept a few of the coins for him, Sam, and Bobby too, cause they deserve a little luxury for once. Thanks for writing this story, I enjoyed it a LOT! :D
SupernaturallyEgocentric chapter 16 . 11/8/2012
Very good story, Diz, and an excellent ending. And love how our boys gave to the hospice in memory of Eric. Great touch!