Reviews for The Most Powerful Piece on the Board
Crystallea1321 chapter 8 . 1/24
Nice! I look forward to reading more. John is a BAMF! I thoroughly enjoyed this.
Quill chapter 8 . 1/18
Loved it and would sincerely enjoy some of the history behind it if it's been written. Really great job. Thank you.
BooksAreMedicine chapter 8 . 11/4/2015
Wow, surprise there that they didn't save him. I loved John's speech, it was perfect! Please do finish this story, maybe you could have Mary and John meet as part of an op and know from the start about their respective pasts. Sherlock and John could meet again too...I hope you get inspired soon!
BooksAreMedicine chapter 7 . 11/4/2015
Glad Lestrade is starting to see the light. It was nice to hear about Sherlock being so protective too. It's funny but I had the impression that this story took place when Sherlock had already jumped...I like this version better though
BooksAreMedicine chapter 6 . 11/4/2015
Nice dynamics with the group. I love how thorough John is being with taking Moriarty down. Lestrade is so close with the details...how John hid behind the baggy clothes and warm voice and doctor his soldier/Captain nature.
BooksAreMedicine chapter 5 . 11/4/2015
Haha, love John's friends, great to hear more about his rescue, will you post that story? I like all their nicknames, nice attention to detail with Lestrade as a hostage. I love John's rep, would be awesome to have Anderson and Sally hear it though Lestrade's response should be good based on his thoughts about John here. I like their code, it suits John. Glad his friends looked out for him before Sherlock took over.
BooksAreMedicine chapter 4 . 11/4/2015
Nice hints at John's awesome military doctor work and why he has such loyal friends. His and Ben's banter was great. the TC thing was clever too
BooksAreMedicine chapter 3 . 11/4/2015
Whoa, John is scary intense in this chapter, clearly showing why he shouldn't be underestimated, him or his doctor degree.
BooksAreMedicine chapter 2 . 11/4/2015
Whoa, intriguing background here. What does TC stand for? I like how Gladstone is a gun and not a dog, fun twist. The Ben character was pretty cool
BooksAreMedicine chapter 1 . 11/4/2015
Good point about his loyalty to those he belongs too, though he is more than a pet so the dog analogy isn't perfect. Nice suspenseful ending
Flamestar072 chapter 8 . 10/15/2015
I really enjoyed this story. I do hope that you would make a sequel as it would be great.
Terry Kay chapter 8 . 9/28/2015
Just excellence in print. Thank you!
The Forgetful Wisher chapter 8 . 9/20/2015
Dude
Dude
OMG
This
Was
Awesome!
mamika chapter 8 . 9/4/2015
aww, this was really good. both of John's speeches were really good ones.
BAMF john was cool. the tommy's were very interesting. but plot bunnies can be hard to keep, I get that.
anyways, the fic was really captivating. John was awesome and there were so many fine characters it's a shame that the season is over. albei I bet the sequel would be a pain to come up with and write.
and John not lying to lestrade but not telling the truth either was a nice final touch.
thanks for the story :D
mamika chapter 7 . 9/4/2015
aww, Sherlock has reacted badly for someone touching John's bad arm. that is so sweet 3
and those knights defending John, speaking up for him, nice. John is so badass-mode it's delight to watch
John is so tough because he is so loyal. willing to do whatever it is he has to do to help and protect those he cares about. and he thinks it's normal. if only more people were like him.
oh no. will Sherlock jump? will lestrade make a mess? can captain John save the day?