Reviews for The Road Thus Taken
DmitriyDv chapter 1 . 12/22/2019
Potter is a whimpering piece of shit
IloveHeat chapter 1 . 8/14/2019
And this is actually how I pictured the future of Harry Potter. Fantastic story but so depressing
DragonTamer01 chapter 1 . 3/21/2019
STOP IT! STOP WRITING ALL OF THIS DEPRESSING BULLSHIT! Why can’t you write more HAPPY stories, with ACTUAL, HAPPY ENDINGS?!
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 3/1/2019
I am sorry. I didn't like this story.
It is well written and directed. Just not my cup of tea .
Doosra chapter 1 . 2/24/2019
Beautiful. Terrible. Operatic in the grand sweeps of its cast. I would truly love to see you follow this up, though it stands almost perfectly balanced as a standalone piece.
I'd love to see you dance along the absurdly thin line that separates the shattering of tragedy from enlivening comedy.
I would very happily pay for the privilege. (Publish!)
Guest chapter 1 . 9/19/2018
What a depressing story! I'm sorry I ever read it.
NatashaJaniphil chapter 1 . 7/4/2018
Cool.
missgsmith51 chapter 1 . 5/7/2018
This is way too sad ... for all concerned.

I don't know that I'd call Hermione a "condescending bitch." I do think she was not playing fair when she forced Harry to admit his feelings for her. She knew nothing could come of it, and yet she gratified her need to feel wanted at the expense of Harry's feelings. He was trying to maintain his loyalty to both, and she forced him to say what could only hurt them all.

Perhaps, if Harry stayed away, the Weasleys would be forced to admit they were finished as a couple. Perhaps, by splitting up, they could actually spend quality time with their son. I suppose I feel it doesn't do any good to "stay together for the kids" if all they are doing is fighting. I've watched it ... it's ugly, and everyone suffers.

It sounds like Harry and Ginny either didn't marry or divorced. At least, if he never married, he still has the chance to find someone. Sad story.
tyrannicpuppy chapter 1 . 12/8/2017
Ouch.

That was beautiful and gut-wrenching all at the same time.

Harry is perfect with Hugo. Such a wide-eyed child you can completely believe that he is Hermione's son. Those questions...

And the ghost of what might have been hovering over everything, teasing, but ultimately being denied.

I both loved this start to finish, and am utterly crushed by it.

You sir, are one hell of a writer.
kax321 chapter 1 . 5/4/2017
Its really hard for a story to cause the amount of turmoil currently inside my chest. Good job
entelejent chapter 1 . 4/25/2017
Dammit, nice story, but I can't accept tragedy! I need, like, one more paragraph in the end where they wake up from dreaming a potential future. Because MAGIC, though it would really cheapen it.
MuggleDumbledore chapter 1 . 4/24/2017
It was beautiful, although sad but beautiful still. I hope you write a longer story.
texan-muggle chapter 1 . 3/29/2017
This needs to be expanded. Whether it's directly from this point, or also with a front-end work-up, this is something that deserves a happy ending. (And by happy ending I mean an eventual HHr, of course, even though you delight in dragging us Harmonians through the thorns and brambles for a substantial portion of the journey...)

One thing though...in my mind I have a bit of a problem with Harry being that...literate with Hermione. I tell you, I had to check 3 times to make sure we were on Harry's dialogue during his exposition concerning interpersonal relationships, the cerebral cortex, and the relative speed of knowing the taste of someone else's genitals vs. other things. I'm not saying Harry is stupid...just not quite that eloquent.
Sword-of-Dusk chapter 1 . 1/4/2017
How has it taken me this long to get around to this? Damn, I'm a slow bastard.

Ignoring that, however, this was what I call wonderfully heartbreaking. The emotion was very strong throughout this entire story, making it easily achieve a deeper connection than most fics do.

One of the best things about this tale is that you didn't have Harry or Hermione succumb to their feelings. That was a good choice, and I think it makes the story stronger.
whatweareafreaidof chapter 1 . 8/7/2016
Ron and hermonie did not fight that much a few times in 7 years they were kids and they like each other, Harry did not fight with her as much did not care what she did stay away from her and lied to her