Reviews for to forgive, to forget
MACRA chapter 1 . 4/5/2016
Damn. This is an amazing story. Your use of language and story structure has me in awe. You beat the show to the punch by over two years and, dare I say, did it better.
Hattie chapter 1 . 6/10/2013
Oh my God, this is so beautiful. It made me sad and I really loved it. I think you did a wonderful job characterizing everyone and you have a really great attention to detail in your settings. I love all the scenes where Asami gets comfort from her friends, especially the one with Mako because I like seeing how they can still be friendly toward each other after everything, without any awkward lingering feelings. Your use of language and imagery is amazing, and this is such a good piece. Truly fantastic work!
Bolinlover123 chapter 1 . 4/10/2013
I cannot express to you, how much I adore this. All I can can say to you, is that I do not think it is legal for you to be this beautiful of a writer! Continue and never stop :)
skyeward chapter 1 . 12/8/2012
Wonderful. An insightful, interesting, well-written look into a character who deserves the attention. I enjoyed it a lot.
Djinni of the Pen chapter 1 . 8/18/2012
Wow.

This story dragged me in and didn't let go. I love the poignancy in this story, its pervasive melancholy that just makes your heart ache alongside Asami's. I loved your economy of words and the simple style is all that's needed to get Asami's emotions across. I love how you didn't inflict the story with shipping or other fandom drama that would have otherwise weighed down the piece. This is beautiful, elegant, simple work and a brilliant example of showing, not telling. Thank you very much for sharing it.
justanotheranon chapter 1 . 8/13/2012
You are always amazing. I need more synonyms for "amazing". Your writing is beautiful as usual, tugging on heartstrings that I didn't know could be tugged on. Your characterization, pacing, prose... Everything was impeccable. I did spot a few (possible?) typos so I'll just point those out in case you didn't notice them.

"Tension pulls the air thin, taunt like a fraying rope, and she immediately regrets the damage she's inflicted on them both." You probably mean 'taut' instead of 'taunt' in this sentence.

"When Asami's mother finds her, she laughs until she's very well near tears, and then proceeds to wipe off the mess with a damp washcloth, still chuckling to herself ever so often." I feel like in this context, 'every so often' would make more sense than 'ever so often', but then I may just be misunderstanding. Or I might be going crazy. It's up to you, though.

"Haruka Sato was always the forgiving one. Asami supposes may get there, too." I think you're missing a word there in the second sentence. Your mind kind of fills in the gaps automatically, so sometimes this kind of stuff can be hard to catch.

Anyways, now that I have those few minor typographical errors out of the way, let me just ramble on again about how great this is. Your writing always manages to suck me in from the get-go, and it never disappoints. Your portrayals of the characters are always so perfect that it hurts. I can hear all of their voices in my heads. I could see Asami and hear her during this entire story.

"Korra will never truly understand, but she will always be the first to ask." One of my favourite lines from this piece. Asami's little encounters with each of her friends reflect each of their characters so... perfectly. How many times did I say 'perfect' during this review?

Your repetition works magic, as always. Your writing always seems to resonate inside of me. I love it.

Okay, I'm done wasting space now. I think this piece might be my favourite work of yours so far. Just amazing!
TheEccentricCitric chapter 1 . 8/12/2012
Beautifully written, characterization, pacing, all amazing (: Loved it
turtleducklings chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
Hjkfshjkasfhkjasfhkfjas. Why are you so good at writing holy crap

I really adore your writing style; it's so lovely. And your characterizations are spot-on. I adore the way you write Bolin and Mako. And Korra. And Asami and okay you just need to stop.

I have exactly no idea why you're not on my favorite authors list.
unostalgic chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
very nice, I love the way it was written!
Verdant Melancholy chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
This was wonderful. I honestly really want these two to reconcile.
wayward-river chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
I wish there were more ways I could say "beautiful!" Heartbreaking and uplifting all at once. The juxtaposition of Asami's family-life and her relationships with her friends was very nicely done, and adds just the right touch of warmth. You have an amazing way with saying much in few words, which suits this story perfectly. The pacing is wonderful, slow and sad, which is appropriate for the characters and the story itself. Your writing style is marvelous, as well. I thoroughly enjoyed this. Definitely going on my favorites list.
salt.in.the.snow chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
This is very good writing. The dialogues and thought process were amazing and I can easily picture it as animation. Beautiful.
feathersnow chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
...
...
what can i say? This is beautifully written. No one can forgive a person like Hiroshi that easily. I like it that she had settled things with Mako- that was the sweetest part of the whole story. You think she'll give him one of her old models as a gift? :P

The album and going through the old photos were really sad. I wished someone was there-Korra or Mako- to hug her when she cried. I really want to hug her!

Great job! :)
I'mNotGoodAtThis chapter 1 . 8/9/2012
Amazing story, Definitely going into favorites. Asami is one of my favorite characters and I think you did an amazing job writing her.
Jana Girl123 chapter 1 . 8/9/2012
This is wonderful. You did great with explaining Asami's inner pain and her inability to forgive.