Reviews for Music, Moonshine and Memories
Browncoats and Floral Bonnets chapter 1 . 3/28/2013
Wow. Just...wow. It's so simple and beautifully written. A nice glimpse into the mind of my favorite marshal. Very nice.
olyphantastic chapter 1 . 8/12/2012
Thank you all for your kind words! It means a great deal to me that you continue to read my little scribblings and that you take the time to say something nice about them. I have absolutely no musical ability, but I'd love to learn to play guitar. It's on my bucket list!
fragrantfields chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
How beautiful and gritty. You really sell the regret Raylen likely has when life gets complex and he thinks about simpler times. I loved so many phrases here:

iBo played the fiddle with as much anger and intensity as he did everything else. His fingers worked furiously across the strings. He still had some unlucky bastard's blood caked beneath his stubby nails, mingling with used motor oil and cocaine./i
and
iThere is nothing lonelier than a warm, moonlit valley night with no music./i Knowing why there's no music anymore is eerie in its acceptance.

Lovely and sad..."water-stained Polaroids" indeed.
freshouttaideas chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
We should all meet at the Kentucky Bluegrass Festival before the last of the old players is gone. Bring whatever instruments or heavy boots you have and I'll bring my mandolin and my banjo-picking cousin. :)

Lovely one-shot. It's not even 8am and I'm craving a bourbon.
AndItsOuttaHere chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
I love that song! I first heard it as the theme song to the television show of the same name starring Sam Waterson and Regina Taylor. Then it was part of the soundtrack for the Cohen brothers movie "Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?" It's perfect here.

I love the way you set the scene and make it all so easy to picture. Wonderful!