Reviews for Firewood
kareneb1 chapter 1 . 3/26
That was a really good story.
EdelweissSparkles chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
This is SO good - I love it! The characterizations are extremely well written and I love how you've really worked in the raw emotion of how hard things really were between them and then slowly let the rays of happy sunshine in!
Becksbones chapter 1 . 12/25/2012
Wow I enjoyed this so much. Don't know how I missed it
earlier but NatesMama had it as one of her picks for the
best Fan Fics of 2012 and I certainly do concur.

Happy New Year,
Phosphorescent chapter 1 . 8/28/2012
Bittersweet, hopeful, and very *real*. Thank you for sharing this with us!
sunsetdreamer chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
I am home from work. I have showered. I am no longer in a towel. My laundry is put away. I made tea. I have had enough quiet time to process.

Let's do this.

I do definitely now know what you mean about the fic ending where it wanted, and I'm glad you extended it just that tad bit more. This whole thing is perfect and it honestly makes me smile like an idiot knowing that there's this amazing fic and it's MINE. (For me, mine, same difference in the Ren style of thinking) Can we talk about the song for a second? The song has been playing in my head NONSTOP since I read this. And every time I listen to it my stomach flips a little bit. One time I got stopped at a light on my way to work and the guy in the car beside me stared at me funny (probably on account of no one blasts slow songs like that) and I TURNED IT UP. Because fuck him. My point is, there hasn't been a time I've listened to it since when it hasn't absolutely made my day, because it makes me think of this and whose day WOULDN'T be made by this fic?

The description of the change in Booth once Brennan makes her clumsy proposal, the way she sees him snap, is so raw and painful it's like this moment you hold your breath because you KNOW how bad the mistake is, and as a reader you want to just jump in there somehow and FIX the awkward and the hurt, even though it's beyond a rational response.

Booth, calling Brennan at work because he hadn't seen her in the morning and even though they aren't TALKING, the idea of her being gone again just makes him panic. This is why you are the genius. Always.

The repeated use of 'bright and shiny' stabbed me in the best way, although perhaps no time so much as when Brennan is finally confiding in Angela and wondering to herself how far (if at all) beyond the bright and shiny Angela would search, had she been in her position.

And on a less serious note, the "Clark can suck it" line cracked me up, lol. So very pointed and sharp and Angela-at-her-best. I loved it.

And now we're at the point where you up and cracked my heart in two. Booth, who loves his daughter more than anything and doesn't come when she cries because he's afraid to make it worse. Brennan trying to contradict what he's saying, trying to make it better, and Booth knowing, in a way she won't let herself admit, that their daughter doesn't KNOW him anymore. Just... I'm sitting here trying to type thoughts and feelings out on that scene and it turns out I haven't processed as well as I thought I had, because I've got nothing. I just still CAN'T EVEN.

'But as they slide together under their sheets again for the second night and when he casually tucks an arm across her body, she can't help but wonder if things might be different when they wake for another day.

A little more time, a little less space.'

Gradual and real, and oh so eloquently put. And the sweetest kind of coming together the next morning.

And then there has been more time, and Christine knows him, and there's so much hope my heart grows three sizes (that's a Seuss reference. Just so's you know. *mutters* Suess hating phillistine).

I love that there was a proposal that was damn near the final nail in their coffin and then we end with this proposal that is exactly right and good and for reasons that are acceptable. Because Booth is the only person. And what more is needed beyond that? I love it, and I love you, and I'm sorry it's taken me so long to tell you how wonderful I think this is. I am ridiculously lucky to have a girl like you for a friend.
Resounding chapter 1 . 8/19/2012
Great story! A tear-jerker right up to the end... Boy do I love these angsty stories! :)
penandra chapter 1 . 8/13/2012
Great story! Although the story was officially for sunsetdreamer, thank you so much for sharing it with all of us.

I really hate the cliff that HH&Co left us hanging on at the end of S.7 . . . . and it really seems to have done a number on the fics in the fandom. I have chosen to largely ignore it and only reference it in passing, but I'm grateful for the authors who are helping us through the year's hiatus.

It will be interesting to see how HH&Co handle the new season and the repercussions of the end of S.7. I'm guessing that, yet again, they will not provide us with the details or the resolution that many of us are hoping for.

Thank you for being one of the authors to help us through this summer's hiatus!
daisy07 chapter 1 . 8/13/2012
This is a very realistic scenario, beautifully written and with perfect characterization.
tantemary chapter 1 . 8/12/2012
This is exquisitly beautiful!
Amilyn chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
This is fantastic. The brittle, cautious, painful way they come together...Booth's heartbroken sense that he's no longer Christine's *dad*, Brennan's thinking about marriage, and about how to do this right. Gorgeous work.
flixfreak chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
Really good, solid story. Loved how they came back together.
debscon chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
I'm glad these types of fics are being done. I love this kind of angst and can't wait to see how the show handle it. Love it!
alexindigo chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
Loved it! As with all post S7 fics, I'm uncomfortable with the amount of hurt that Booth puts on Brennan without even considering the pain and suffering she would have gone through, being on the run with an arrest warrant out for her and her name sullied in the process, together with her infant daughter and away from the only family she's ever known and loved. You've at least made their coming together gradual and semi-realistic though I'm still wondering why she didn't just walk away when he said he wanted space.

I don't like Booth very much (way before S6's dbaggery even), anyone will tell you that but S7 has helped a little towards redeeming him in my eyes. I'll be extremely disappointed if HH went wt DB's trolling and give us an angry Booth who pushes away Brennan especially if he seems to conveniently forget that Pelant was in their home.

A great read. Thank you for sharing. :)
Noie chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
Very, very cute. I'm so glad you decided to post; it's been a drought here lately! I really really love how you can write about them coming to this point without the extra drama of extended misunderstandings. And you have Booth down perfectly! I can totally envision him the entire fic! Thanks for posting.
Fluffybird chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
I don't care if you reply to this review so take it as a get-out-of-review-jail-free card.
I just liked your story. I think it would be hard, like really wtf hard, to get back to family life after such a thing as B&B are going through. I was interested in how you wrote it, seemed like it could be true for them. Bones continuing not to understand Booth's process, Booth unable to make his like hers, and in time they still manage to work back into each other.
46 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »