Reviews for Cocktail Time
excessivelyperky chapter 9 . 2/28
Oh, yes, Rita is wise to move out; she might say too much otherwise, and end up with cloudy eyes herself.
excessivelyperky chapter 8 . 2/28
Oh, dear. And the complicity and cover up begins. I wonder, how many minds did Gildylocks destroy before he finally whacked himself?

Perhaps only Rita knows.
excessivelyperky chapter 7 . 2/21
Oops.

Gilderoy should have stayed a designer, it seems...
excessivelyperky chapter 6 . 2/21
Oh, how glorious! Although Rita would have helped him with the writing if he'd needed it-but frankly, I'm surprised she was worried, considering how she loved his wicked weekend stories.
excessivelyperky chapter 5 . 2/21
Actually, Gilderoy could write those same weekend tales, and change the names and call it a roman a clef book (Joe Klein makes his pocket money with them). And people would gobble them up and have fun trying to decide who is who.

But this is clearly the beginning of a beautiful relationship-that of Gilderoy Lockhart and the truth, heh.
excessivelyperky chapter 4 . 1/16
Actually...most fashion creation is with a Twist; plus, maestro might not have a wanted a rival that would outshine him, and thus spiked Gilderoy's confidence with his 'evaluation'. Also, Lockhart seems quite good at interior design.

But Rita, alas, accepts Gilderoy's statement at face value.

Still, I'd like to see Lockhart vs. Slughorn at just plain *mingling*. Both of them apparently could work a crowd for England. And with Rita to cover the bets!
excessivelyperky chapter 3 . 1/10
Oh, my! What a delightful friendship has begun here. Pity Gildylocks doesn't work in a dress store around here, he could probably do a bunch with short, stout *me*.

Cocktail Time, indeed.
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 1/3
Oh, my! Both Rita and Gilderoy certainly have style-and plenty of foresight in helping each other.

I'm sure they will discover each other's talents, too, in times to come.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 12/31/2014
Oh. Dear. God. You hit Rita's tone of voice perfectly. (I'd love a crossover where Rita meets Effie from Hunger Games, just sayin').

Rita and Gilderoy, a relationship made in grabbing eyes from face shrieking hell.

I love it.
TripOverFlatSurfaces chapter 9 . 9/24/2014
Rita Skeeter and Gilderoy Lockhart, possibly the two most foppish characters in the series and now I have /feelings/ about them. "God, they seriously should have been friends" was what I thought when I read the summary. I thought it was going to be a hilarious and light-humored piece. I WAS WRONG I WAS SO WRONG Thank you so much for sharing 3
Guest chapter 9 . 8/22/2014
Humour? Yes. Tragedy? Yes. Brilliant read - oh, hell, yes.

Amazing character work. Great dialogue, great descriptions, and my heart actually ached for Rita Skeeter, which seems very implausible! And yet she isn't at all out of character. Great, great work.
Light on the Horizon chapter 9 . 8/7/2013
Great story, I loved it! Rita and Gilderoy definitely have things in common so the relationship between them was very believable.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/12/2013
OH DEAR MERLIN WHAT AN INCREDIBLE IDEA
Gentiana chapter 9 . 9/27/2012
such a beautiful ending. I have loved this story, from start to finish. I envy your creativity greatly. Seriously, this moved me, I dont know why. Its just so awfully realistic and thought through. Thank you so much!
Swallow B chapter 9 . 9/9/2012
Oh, is that the end? It came unexpectedly, but, yes, it's a good place to end. It wouldn't add to the story to drag it on and on.

It was fun and bittersweet. You made both characters very human, almost likeable. We got to see their good side too. Rita is a bit afraid of Gilderoy, of being Obliviated, I can understand that. She doesn't want to know.

Poor Gilderoy can't have any close relationships now, without finding himself in danger of being discovered and having to Obliviate.

My favourite line: "If you want a husband, perhaps you should not say that you have won from a hag, eh?"