Reviews for By A Campfire
twobrothers chapter 1 . 11/2/2013
I love your stories. Even your short, simple stories carry so much insight into the characters of Jess, Slim, and the rest. Please keep on writing!
kayaklady chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
Nice presentation of a backstory for Jess. A fun way to tie the threads of the series together.
Cruelest Sea chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
Aww, poor Jess! :( Nicely written story.
BettiAnn chapter 1 . 8/20/2012
A nice look into Jess' thoughts. You show his loneliness very well without actually stating it, giving the story a resigned and wistful air that mirrors his mood. I also like how you show Jess' "line", as he explained to Sheriff Hatch, his reluctance to hire out his gun for no other reason than that it felt wrong. Keep 'em comin'!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
Great short story Badger! Love Katie
DJ chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
Great as usual Badger!
Gabrielle Baser chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
This is a poignant and beautiful story. Vividly written and truth-full right down to the bone. Thanks for posting it. Its a prose-poem.
Tess chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
In L. M. Montgomery's, Anne of the Island Anne says "Oh, no. I wouldn't want to marry anybody who was wicked, but I think I'd like it if he could be wicked and wouldn't." Always makes me think of Mr. Harper. Jess could have stayed with Dixie, Christie or Mac but as you pointed out he wanted something better.

I enjoy your fanfiction - thank you for writing!
PJ in PA chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
Good job pard...the meditating of Jess really kind of secures what's to come...who knows? LARAMIE...yeah maybe huh?

Keep them com'n pard.

Cat Hicks chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
And ANOTHER fantasic story by Badgergater . . . as usual. It tracks like the reader is standing in the shadows, watching and listening to his thoughts. Thank you for coming up with this new take and puting it on the Net!
NokuMarieDeux chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
This is what I love about fanfiction... insights into minds and hearts! Now I have to go crank up "Desperado" and listen to it four or five times... Ronstadt or Eagles version, either one. Both heartbreaking.
Fortitudine chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
"No, he wasn't lonely, just because he was alone."

Bittersweet story and some nice background threads woven in.