Reviews for A Step Closer
born30 chapter 35 . 8/8
Thank you for writing this story. It proved a very emotional read for me, especially at the beginning. I've read my share of post-Somalia stories, but I've never encountered this angle or this depth of emotional turmoil for Ziva (that was handled so well). Plus, there are only a handful of Tiva fics that have moved me to sobs, and I now count this as one. Even though it was hard, it was worth it. Again, thank you. :)
MSerrada chapter 35 . 4/12
Thank you for this wonderful story.
I've re-read it more than once and it moves me to tears and smiles each time. So thank you.
Han chapter 12 . 3/13
I know I'm late to the party in reading this but, Jesus Christ, this chapter broke my heart. I can feel the pain that she is in and I think you might have destroyed my soul 3
mama's-broken-heart chapter 35 . 7/9/2014
I loved this story! I choose to finish this story with Ziva getting better and deciding to move out, but realizing she misses Tony and tells him she loves him too and moves back in ad they live happily ever after. (A girl can dream right) :)
Ally chapter 35 . 10/7/2013
Ok, I know you have long finished the story, but I still wanted to tell you how much I liked your story. The recovery from such a traumatic experience is long and exhausting and I feel like the show never really addressed it. They made her go on as if nothing had happened... But your story really got that feeling right, therefore I love it :-)
KimiEvenStar chapter 35 . 9/29/2013
I'm going to add this story to my favorites because it is the BEST fic I've read in so long, maybe even ever in the NCIS genre here on Fanfiction. Very, very real. I may not had undergone as much trauma as Ziva, but it felt just as real as my pain had felt. I used to panic in big crowds, and I felt empty on the inside for so long...that I thought I'd never recover. I didn't feel the WANT to recover. Slowly but surely my parents and my best friend stuck by my side, which I am forever greatful for. It was tough love in the early part of my mental recovery. I just wanted to say, Ziva's distress was relatable, and I think that's what made me feel attached to this story. Plus, Tony and Ziva's friendship in this is just way too cute, that I don't need a happy ending to picture one in my head. That can be left to the reader's imagination. I'll stop rambling now and say great story, great writing, holds a lot of meaning in my heart.
Guest chapter 3 . 9/16/2013
I liked it, but Abby would never slap Tony in the face..
Celestrial Moon chapter 35 . 9/2/2013
Well it was a ling haul but worth the time to read. Even with going backward and forward i had thought she had time left on her work Visa. How much I do not know for sure. In my mind with this last chapter I see her getting some kind of combat check from Mossaud which she gives to Tony and a visa is granted to her for the short term but they marry to make sure she can stay. They of course make ut real.
Celestrial Moon chapter 28 . 9/2/2013
Yes I can believe that cutting her long hair can be emotional. I have had 6 inches taken off and it was hard to adjust but it had to be done.
Celestrial Moon chapter 22 . 9/1/2013
Oh this is so hard...for both of them. Ziva truly thinks she is doing right by him. She doe not want him to have a damaged woman. I have tears in my eyes.
Celestrial Moon chapter 16 . 8/31/2013
This has been a tough story to read. It is so deep and the back and forth I think is true to life? I THINK? I am sticking with it.
Celestrial Moon chapter 11 . 8/31/2013
Celestrial Moon chapter 10 . 8/31/2013
This is a powerful story.
Celestrial Moon chapter 7 . 8/31/2013
Good but tough story. Tony appears to be going about thid blind as when they were in Undercovers. He should do some research in PTSD and maybe rape.
clestaffordt chapter 35 . 8/18/2013
I wish I did not read your story. It was painful and you just left it hanging. Not nice.