Reviews for What Begins with an Apple
Firefly-gal chapter 34 . 5/24
Interesting story
Whyhow chapter 34 . 3/30
This is one of the best ones yet, although it's long enough that I can't remember enough to give a detailed explanation of why. We're still missing something about Saffron, and I suspect that it will be a while before the Blue Sun arc ends, but I am very glad that enough has been said that the latest round of Mal/Inara tension (there's still her job and the disease) is resolvable, if not resolved yet. Out of the arcs, it was always the one that interested me least, although it's probably just that I was never a huge fan of romance-centric stories.
Whyhow chapter 26 . 3/30
I'm with Zoe on this one, it's been going on long enough and it's Inara's turn. They need all of the help that they can get directly against Saffron, especially with River semicoherent.
Whyhow chapter 22 . 3/30
I'm surprised at how well Simon did, but I guess he was raised to be "polite" for high society.
Whyhow chapter 17 . 3/30
Just because you know how to do something well doesn't mean that you can't also mean it. This is the fisrt time in a little while that Mal's been the visibly wrong one in their arguments. Although this tension is slowly getting repetitive, it is nice that you vary who is right who is wrong, and who is ambiguous.
Whyhow chapter 16 . 3/29
Thank you for warning us in advance about the puns, but you could have added that they'd be in at least three languages.
Whyhow chapter 15 . 3/29
River seems more scrambled than usual, but that happens from time to time. The interaction between River and Saffron was very fun.
Whyhow chapter 14 . 3/29
Either you're really no good at writing Inara (which seems highly unlikely based on the rest of your writing), the number of pregnancies on Serenity is really stretching my suspension of disbelief, Inara's disease makes her act like that (which seems unlikely but not impossible), or you're hiding something other than Inara's disease (which seems like the most likely option).
Whyhow chapter 9 . 3/29
The puns, the irony, it burns! In a good way, though; you don't need to tone it down...
Whyhow chapter 6 . 3/29
I think that the writing here about the problems is significantly better than the previous Inara angsting. I'm not sure if it's because I prefer Zoe's more sensible point of view (especially considering how little sense Inara's logic made) or if you're better at writing Zoe's thoughts, or if I just am not a fan of angst. Whatever it is, though, it seems refreshing and interesting to me.
Guest chapter 21 . 4/1/2014
Please! Why do you depend on everyone reacting to Saffron with pure stupidity? Kaylee could easily have called Mal to the engine room when she first saw Saffron there. You make them all play into her hands like idiots. The crew I have come to know are human and stubborn, but not totally without any brains whatsoever. I'm actually getting tired of this story!
Browncoat Mike chapter 11 . 3/29/2014
Saffron can never be trusted. Should have left her in the crate.
Browncoat Mike chapter 10 . 3/29/2014
Can anyone really expect to out guess the Operative?
Browncoat Mike chapter 6 . 3/29/2014
Zoe has always been an interesting character
HardcoreHobbit chapter 7 . 12/1/2013
That was a messed up dream sequence.

Just thinking about everything that could have gone wrong... this is gonna take some recovering.