Reviews for What Begins with an Apple
Guest chapter 21 . 4/1/2014
Please! Why do you depend on everyone reacting to Saffron with pure stupidity? Kaylee could easily have called Mal to the engine room when she first saw Saffron there. You make them all play into her hands like idiots. The crew I have come to know are human and stubborn, but not totally without any brains whatsoever. I'm actually getting tired of this story!
Browncoat Mike chapter 11 . 3/29/2014
Saffron can never be trusted. Should have left her in the crate.
Browncoat Mike chapter 10 . 3/29/2014
Can anyone really expect to out guess the Operative?
Browncoat Mike chapter 6 . 3/29/2014
Zoe has always been an interesting character
HardcoreHobbit chapter 7 . 12/1/2013
That was a messed up dream sequence.

Just thinking about everything that could have gone wrong... this is gonna take some recovering.
EagleJarl chapter 33 . 11/9/2013
...what?

All that strum and drang and days (weeks?) of unreasonable bitchiness and cursing and not talking to each other...all fixed by one good boink?

I dearly hope the next chapter is going to have them actually talking about the issues between them and getting the whole "two timing with Zoe" thing straightened out. And then I hope Inara is ****seriously**** apologetic. Also, I hope for a pony.
EagleJarl chapter 31 . 11/9/2013
Personally my plan B would be "hey Simon, keep her sedated for the next few days, kthxbai.". Or use that paralytic that he used on Jayne. Or chain her to a frickin wall. Or just put the witch out a gorram airlock...well, maybe just lock her in the airlock. That could work.
EagleJarl chapter 28 . 11/9/2013
Poor River. I'm sure she really WANTS to be able to say "Hey guys? You know Saffron, right? Turns out, she's a Trojan Horse here to betray us all to a larger menace. Probably Blue Sun."

But, at least she got the captain pointed in the right direction and investigating the apples.
EagleJarl chapter 26 . 11/9/2013
YAAAYYY ZOE! If it were not for the fact that you could kill me with your pinky I would so kiss you right now!
EagleJarl chapter 25 . 11/9/2013
So...she smuggling stuff in her pigu and / or her "golden valley"? That's...kinda twisted.

Glad to see River is still on top of things.
EagleJarl chapter 22 . 11/9/2013
Yep. Shredded. Really wish that had happened in front of Kaylee though.

If I were in Mal's shoes right now, I would chain Saffron to the wall with a chain that was welded, not locked. When I got where I was going I could cut it off of her but in the meantime it would keep her from causing trouble. Leave it long enough so she can reach the head, bring in her food and a bucket for sponge baths, it would be perfectly humane...and safe.
EagleJarl chapter 21 . 11/9/2013
I have a feeling Simon is going to shred Saffron in the next chapter. I really wish he'd done it in front of Kaylee, but I'm still looking forward to it with great glee.
EagleJarl chapter 20 . 11/9/2013
Oh ferchrissake Jayne.
EagleJarl chapter 17 . 11/9/2013
The part with Kaylee and Simon was sweet and joyful. The part with Mal and the ladies was saddening. I was really hoping Saffron would get put properly in her place by the only person in the boat qualified to know *exactly* what tricks she's using. Sadly, apparently Inara's brain got lobotomized about the time she turned into a shrewish b!tch. Ah well, at least this fight between the two if them will make sense and be in character.
EagleJarl chapter 16 . 11/9/2013
Well, that wasn't eggzactly what I was eggspecting but I'm glad you didn't chicken out after the first few puns, no matter how fowl they were. Granted I think you were winging it there for a bit, and definitely scratching the bottom of the barrel for poultry puns, but you managed to feather your nest with them just fine. Congratulations on winning your spurs as a punfighter, but be careful - there's still plenty more experienced ones out there. Go comb your hair back, wattle outside, and keep clawing your way up through the ranks.

;)