Reviews for Under the Clear Blue Sky
Runecutter chapter 1 . 6/8/2013
Hmm it's not THAT much out of character, the most obvious is the "confidence" he shows, in canon he has not got a whole ounce of that in his body... and it shows in everything he does and says. I'm pretty sure most of the other things he says and does (and indirectly THINKS!) in this story come rather close to his core personality ... onethoughtmind, lazy, convinced he's right even if it's the most stupid thing to say, entitlement/jealousy, accusations of improper behavior when he's the one who bollixed it up... Yeah, sounds like the perfect psychological profile of Ron Bilius Weasley, even if it's a bit louder and outgoing than his book version it's only making it more clear instead of going obscure and just implying the same stuff.

I love every bit and am deeply convinced that not only is this characterization alright, it is also the exact way this storyline should have gone in the books. The abuse poor Hermione had to put up with just because JKR wanted he Mary Sue Self Insert "Gingergirl" to end up with the main prize... *shudder* Even if she ever had a warmer feeling towards Ron, wouldn't his whole piggish demeanour have turned her off from that train of thoughts AGES ago? It even got worse over the years until you could almost book those two as the main entertainment in the colliseum at Rome... modern day gladitorial shouting matches and all :D If continued he pretty much assuredly would have started to beat her as he NEVER got any argument to go his way... and stupid, choleric people that don't get their will become violent.
So: your way is the best thing possible and i loved every single line. The best part was when Harry started to grow a pair and turned against Ron and his smug self-delusion that could do nothing but HURT their allegendly common best friend... Stuuuuuu-riiiiiike!
whatweareafreaidof chapter 1 . 1/22/2011
it was a little ooc for ron to ask hermione out so many times, harry and hermione would not work out, he not that nice of a guy he mean but he forgive a lot of the time.
V0IDAngel chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
Nah, Ron doesn't seem OOC to me. He'd react that way in canon, too.

Great job, btw. Your whole story is about the main reason Hermione and Ron should never happen. Harry is far more suited for her. Plus, there's a fine line between "bickering like an old married couple" and "Ron and Hermione fighting 'cause Ron's a complete and utter wanker".

Don't know what J.K. was thinkin'. Keep up the good work.
missevilprincess chapter 1 . 8/29/2008
Lol. I love this actually. :D And in my biased opinion, I think Ron was pretty in character. *cough* But for real, I think you did a good job with Ron. It's like the goblet of fire thing, don't you think? He thinks that Harry is about to get something that he wants all over again, so is being all oh-you've-betrayed-our-friendship.

And I love the rambling Harry. :P
loonette7 chapter 1 . 11/7/2007
Ron is a complete jerk! ...but thank JKR for wizards like Harry. :) I love HHr's kiss.
Bibliophile Music Addict chapter 1 . 9/24/2005
Great story.
Violet Kefira chapter 1 . 6/6/2005
Very nice. Yes, Ron was a bit out of character, but sometimes you just have to deal with that, no?
Zekintha chapter 1 . 4/14/2004
*smiles* ron...thats the idea of him ive developed, partly from reading fanfics, and partly cuz of hermione's comment in OotP, when she says, "just because you have the emotional range of a teacup..." (or something like that_)
Leah6 chapter 1 . 2/1/2004
that was great! i can picture ron acting all full of himself, but ooc is ok. this is fan*fiction*.net after all. bye for now! loved it! -leah
Leah6 chapter 1 . 10/11/2003
even thought ron can be a bit, er, insensitive at times, i dont think he would go that far. im not saying this was bad at all. it was really good. never read one quite like it. cant wait for more! -leah
A Different Life chapter 1 . 5/11/2003
love it!
Kagomah chapter 1 . 2/22/2003
That was an extremly wonderful story. I advise everyone read it.
Panther chapter 1 . 1/27/2003
accually Ron seems in character to me.

other than that great fic
Thelvyn chapter 1 . 1/6/2003
Nice fic, while I doubt that Ron would ever be bad, it's very close to the ship I'd vote for - I believe Ron feels something for Mione and Mione for Harry...
tragicomedy chapter 1 . 1/4/2003
Ugh... I hate it when Ron is a jealous prat (as he always seems to be in fanfiction) but I love sweet Harry, adore him. Really sweet this fic. Didn't it ever occur to Hermione that Harry might want to be with her?