Reviews for Drown it Out
cherrygurl1225 chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
Oh, that's deep! I really like it. I like how you spread it out, so to speak. What I mean is, I feel like with the italics it gave a different meaning to what was being told via narrative in the regular font and that was a really nice touch. To me, what you wrote clearly shows that Faith still sees Buffy as an enemy, but it is because she is inevitably stuck. She thinks that's all she can be, that that's all she ever is and it is how Buffy sees her and that is her sole validation. It's a really sad realization to come to terms with when you think about it because your fic seems to hint at the tinge of hope that maybe Faith still can redeem herself. Maybe she can be a better person or maybe she could have just killed Buffy instead. I also love the last few lines about how Faith wrestles with having a soul because I think it's something she can't come to terms with but needs to. She's still trying to figure out her place in the world, her worth in her existence, so your fic is so powerful in that respect in showcasing Faith's inner turmoil and the thoughts she wrestles with day in and day out.

It would be remiss of me not to mention how much I LOVE the second person POV you used in this fic because I feel like it enhanced the darkness of the piece and made it have a more personal, confrontational effect on the readers/audience. Or at least I felt it anyway.

It also inspired my latest Tru/Jack fic. One of my RL friends gave me the prompt weeks ago (to be used for something else), but she knows I love Tru/Jack, so I don't think she'll mind that I used it for Tru Calling instead. Anyway, despite being inspired by her amazing prompt, I could not figure out how to start the fic or what theme to use, but reading and re-reading this story gave me additional inspiration to write my own story from the second person POV instead of first or third. I've never done something like that before, so thank you for this fic that inspired me and gave me the opportunity to write something I would have never thought about otherwise.

Looking forward to reading more of your fics as always. Please keep them coming!
ELR chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
i liked that. it was just the right amount of angst for me, tasty. well done