Reviews for A Different Life
LBII chapter 38 . 7/25
Very well done! I started this story after I got frustrated reading the 2nd Minds Torment story. I knew you were an excellent storyteller and you did not disappoint me. I have always loved stories that Tonks or Luna were paired with Harry. Also thank you for sparing us the name Albus Severeus! I enjoyed this and would highly recommend your stories.

As always thank you for sharing your time, talents and imagination with us readers.!
missgsmith51 chapter 28 . 7/5
All the talk about Ginny seems to be setting up another crisis. I still say the girl needs to see a mind healer. I think Dumbledore's failure to recommend one for her following her first year was criminal. As headmaster, he was responsible for her safety, physical as well as mental. Being possessed by the spirit of Tom Riddle for nine or ten months can't have left her unscathed. Talk about PTSD!

Speaking of PTSD, Harry pretty much lived with it from the time of Quirrell's death until Voldemort died. That doesn't even take into account the way he was treated during his years at the mercy of the Dursleys. I'm surprised Kingsley didn't recommend some sessions with a mind healer. I should think that would be required for all new recruits and more so for someone with Harry's history. The Wizarding world really is behind the times.
missgsmith51 chapter 25 . 7/5
Perhaps having Charlie at Hogwarts is a good thing. Ron seems to have mellowed a bit, and Ginny's ordeal seems to have knocked some sense into her head. Still, those two have a history of "hair trigger" tempers. Perhaps having an experienced dragon wrangler in-house will help keep them in check.

I wonder what the Slytherins did to lose points. I'm very curious.
missgsmith51 chapter 22 . 7/4
Oh, boy, the fun just keeps coming, doesn't it? Secretary Draco! I hope Kingsley knows what he is doing. I wonder if Harry will ever ask Draco about the time at Malfoy Manor, when Draco refused to ID Harry to the Death Eaters. I've always thought Draco's actions, or rather his inactions, contributed to the events that allowed the Trio to escape relatively unharmed.

I sure don't think it's a great idea for Harry to be Ginny's guard. Personal involvement should prohibit that.
missgsmith51 chapter 19 . 7/4
"I'm sorry Dad, I didn't really understand what I was doing. I was just so hurt." She didn't understand that she was kidnapping a child? What a CROCK! Although I still say she needs to see a mind healer for her obsession and her chronic lying.
missgsmith51 chapter 18 . 7/4
Aww, you listened to me! (Even if the story was already finished a year ago! Hehe) I'm really glad you had Harry and Tonks marry. I love them as a couple. Tonks may be older, but she seems younger than her age, while Harry seems to be an old soul, probably a result of everything he has endured in his short lifetime. So in the end, they seem pretty well matched and not all that disparate in age. Besides, the whole cougar thing is actually quite acceptable these days.

I wonder Ginny will finally get the point. I do hope she doesn't do some Fatal Attraction thing. **shuddering**
missgsmith51 chapter 17 . 7/4
This is not going to end well. Ginny is devious, and she will use anything she can, if she thinks it will help her to win Harry. He and Tonks should go ahead and get married ... and soon.
missgsmith51 chapter 16 . 7/4
Oh, dear. I am thinking ... Polyjuice? Hey, it worked for Crouch/Moody for a whole school year. And Ginny is the daughter of Molly, who used a love potion on Arthur. I'm guessing the rotten little crabapple didn't fall far from the tree.

I hope Harry and Tonks are careful.
missgsmith51 chapter 14 . 7/4
So Ginny's lying. Why am I not surprised? I think Ron probably knows she's lying but is afraid to call her on it, because of the effect it might have on the family. I imagine the loss of Fred has hit them all really hard, and I also think Ginny is probably taking advantage of that.

Well, at least Hermione warned Harry and Tonks about Ginny's intent if she comes back to Hogwarts. This is another reason I think Kingsley is not playing fair. Being at Hogwarts could jeopardize Harry and Tonks's relationship ... and possibly their lives. I wouldn't put it past Ginny to harm one or both but especially Tonks. I think Ginny is unbalanced where Harry is concerned. She is obsessed and needs to see a mind healer.
missgsmith51 chapter 11 . 7/4
I hope Harry and Tonks have some nice Basilisk armor - which reminds me, is that monster still in the Chamber? - to wear at Hogwarts. After all, the Red Menaces and probably a few others will be gunning for them, to be sure.

Harry needs to harvest the Basilisk, as Hogwarts could surely use the potions ingredients, and the Aurors and Minister could definitely use the armor.
missgsmith51 chapter 10 . 7/4
Well, Ginny acted about like I would expect. I've never cared for Ginny as a mate for Harry. His feelings for her seemed to come from left field, IMO, and the way they were described sounded suspiciously like the effects of Amortentia.

I just hope Harry is allowed to have Tonks and Teddy and not have another harem or even a threesome, with Ginny insinuated into the relationship. I confess, I'm tired of Harry/Multi, as I seem to have encountered several of them lately. I'm not sure Hogwarts job is a good idea because of the two Red Menaces. Also, I really don't see Harry wanting to be an Auror after everything he has endured, and I think Kingsley is WAY out of bounds in trying to "guilt" him into it. I think Harry's original declaration about pursuing it as a career was simply that he couldn't think of anything else. He's older now and a stronger wizard. He has many more options.
missgsmith51 chapter 9 . 7/4
Poor Harry. First, he saved them (well, they all believe he did) in 1981. Then, instead of gearing up and training to defend themselves when Voldemort returned, they sat back and demanded he save them again. He did defeat Voldemort once and for all, but is that enough? No. Now they want him to give up any life plans he may have and babysit their kids at Hogwarts. Since many parents demand his presence or they won't send their kids, he now must shoulder the "blame" if Hogwarts shuts down.

All I can say is that the expectations of the Wizarding world would make me unwilling to ever save them. Why? Doing so seems to mean I am responsible for keeping them safe for the rest of my life. No thanks!

Harry, Tonks, Teddy, and Andromeda should have taken off for Black Isle, or whatever Sirius's private island is called, when they had their chance. If they stay in Britain, he'll never get free of the "human Dementors." They want everything.
missgsmith51 chapter 7 . 7/4
Why is Harry going to have a bruised face? Surely Tonks, an Auror, knows a few simple healing charms. Harry, too, performed a few while they were on the run, didn't he?

Honestly, Harry's conversation with Ginny back at Hogwarts, just after the battle, seemed as if he didn't know what he wanted to do with his life. He seemed completely lost. He and Ginny both mentioned needing to talk ... but that was all. After all that happened to Harry during the time he was on the run, I don't think I would have made any assumptions about a future with him if I were in Ginny's shoes. He has seen and done things that scar the soul - not to mention dying and returning. He's really not the same person, and she needs to understand that.
GBTtown chapter 37 . 5/27
Their is not they're. Learn it, use it.
NoNeedForAName chapter 6 . 5/20
I thought she was going to say that she was pregnant.