Reviews for The Macaw and the Hippogriff
Fire The Canon chapter 1 . 12/17/2012
I loved this. I think you worked it into Fred and Angelina's relationship really well. Well done :)
Alarice Tey chapter 1 . 10/9/2012
That was perfect. I'm glad you told me about this one... :)
I'm not sure if I should think that he's dead at the end or not...
dragonflybeach chapter 1 . 9/30/2012
Great job with the symbolism, and making us relate the animals to the characters, showing their similarities and differences. I'm not a fan of freeverse, but this one was easier to read than most.
silver-nightstorm chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
I liked it! At first I was wondering how you could possibly associate these two very random animals into the story, but I see now what you did :D Nicely done. Freeverse-wise, I don't really know much about them, but the formatting that you used wasn't too busy and it worked well to emphasize the parts of the story that needed it.
Gamma Orionis chapter 1 . 9/15/2012
I think this was a very well-done freeverse. A lot of freeverses are way over-formatted and really unpleasant to read, but this one wasn't. The formatting actually added to the effect instead of taking away from it. I think my favourite part was

You are a /hippogriff/

[Approach with caution.]

It made me smile :)
hasfihasifgaoifg chapter 1 . 9/15/2012
Aw, this was lovely.
slightlysmall chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
Very nicely done. Freeverse takes a lot to be done right, and I think you have it here. It isn't obvious in the poem itself who your pairing is, but once I double-checked, I can definitely see this fitting them. I like that they are both flying creatures, and the way you characterize each of them based on what they have in common with the animals. I really liked it. :)
Tammi-Stark chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
This was alright. I wasn't that big of a fan. I really don't like how it was written.
The Last Poison Apple chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
Very interesting! I thought this piece had a very strong impact. Nicely done!
AmzyD chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
first time ive read something like that, very interesting!
inkteardrops chapter 1 . 9/4/2012
I love this! I love her comparison to a hippogriff and how you have made Fred a macaw, it really does fit. Great freeverse! :)
whatpassesformymind chapter 1 . 9/4/2012
I've never read a freeverse before :) I like the layout, and they are interesting comparisons.
the lola chapter 1 . 9/3/2012
Really nice freeverse. Often, people overload freeverses with distracting ways of writing the text, which really takes away from the story underneath it. You didn't do that, but you still managed to perfectly capture the essence of a freeverse. The idea of a Macaw and a Hippogriff, completely not meant to be attracted but here they are. Lovely.
HedwigBlack chapter 1 . 8/29/2012
That was an interesting way of putting all of those prompts together. It really worked and I love this pairing. I like how you formatted w!ld. I normally don't get excited over formatting but I really did like that a lot. I also like this little bit of insight into Angelina and how she wants to be more like Fred and I think comparing her to a hippogriff was perfect!
Selenehekate chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
...Yeah, this really is a random prompt, isn't it? Macaw... I do like the way that you blended all of the different prompts together, though. That was crazy well done. This was a nice little freeverse. Great job!