Reviews for HP: Chaos of the Phoenix
alix33 chapter 10 . 10/21/2012
"This chapter is split in half mainly because I have a sinus migraine from hells heart." - "hell's heart". Commiserations on the headache.
"Harry Crow. Now THAT's one hell of a story. Highly recommend it." - I agree, especially the latest chapter, where Harry sat Dumbles on his arse in a most awesome way.
Out of everyone there, only Tonks and Harry were staring up at everyone in annoyance. "I hate wizarding travel," Harry grumbled as he was helped to his feet by a smirking Hermione and Luna. Tonks was being hauled up by the Marauders and was nodding her head in agreement. "I'm with you, mate. It's like they're all specifically designed to make me look ridiculous!" Remus and the girls chuckled, but Sirius was eyeing Tonks and Harry with a look of speculation on his face. Nymphie explained once that her centre of balance was askew due to her being a metamorphmagus. While Harry was a demigod on a broom, every other form of magical travel had him on his arse. Testing his theory, he asked her a simple question. "They're not all bad, are they? You're decent on a broom, right?" Rubbing her bum, Tonks tilted her head while her hair changed from purple to pink. "Yeah, okay. Not all travel, but that's the exception to the rule. I was a decent keeper on the pitch." Harry nodded his agreement to the broom theory when they were interrupted." - Sirius is probably thinking Harry is a metamorphmagus too.
"As their guide was leaving, Harry held out his hand. "Thank you, Griphook. May your coffers overflow." Startled, the goblin looked up and blinked at him, before grinning and shaking his hand. "And may your enemy's blood drench the earth, Mr. Potter." - I ADORE how bloodthirsty goblins are.
"Sirius grinned at his godson. "That was perfect, Harry. How'd you know his name?" Shrugging, Harry grinned back. "Well, he was the first goblin I ever met." "How can you tell them apart?" Tonks asked, completely confused. Harry just stared at her and countered with, "You can't?" - Hehehe, only Harry Potter...
"Remus arched his brow. "Isn't Hanover a muggle title?" Nodding, Sirius agreed. "Yes, but so are the Earl of Blackmoor and Baron Macmillan." "What does that mean?" Hermione asked. Sirius grinned. "It means that I can sit on the muggle House of Lords if I wanted to." - Cool! Will he?
"Tonks leaned over to take a peek. "So, you really are a Grim? Thought that was a magical creature." "Don't," Remus chided. "You're just going to inflate his ego." "Like he needs it," Harry quipped. Sirius replied with a very mature tongue sticking out at his godson. Amused with the byplay, Snaphook cleared his throat. " - It amused me too.
Surprisingly, the family magic feels neutral. I'd have thought it to be a bit Dark." "Only a few families have truly Dark hereditary magic, Lord Black," Snaphook commented." - Obviously nobody that The Daily Prophet got that memo.
"Tom Marvolo Riddle was her father? "Who's Tom Riddle?" Harry glared at him, hissing. "Voldemort." Wide eyed, Snaphook leaned forward to look Harry in the eye. "Is this true?" At his nod, the goblin blinked rapidly while cursing in his native language." - Snaphook will not be the only goblin cursing after learning that, I will bet.
"Besides," Luna said, "it is not every day you discover that you are married to Duchess Ravenclaw. I am suitably impressed and somewhat aroused." - Hehehe.
"It seems that you're going to be a leopard," Sirius opined with a smirk. "I already know what your Marauder name is going to be," he stage whispered. Hermione glared at him from under her brow. "If it's any variation on the word 'Spot', you won't have any hair for a year," she threatened. Sirius' head went back with wide eyes, before he squinted at her. "Spoilsport." - Hehehe.
"He pushed the small box towards her with his finger. "Here, put that on." While she was beyond pleased with her reported I.Q., she picked up the box with a frown. "What's this?" Opening it, she was astonished to see an elegant silver ring. A sapphire was set as the eye of an engraved eagle. "Is this?" "The Ravenclaw Family Ring, yes," Sirius said with a grin. "Put it on your right middle finger." Her emotions a complete wreck, Luna had to help her since her hands were shaking. She did grin when Luna commented, 'One day,' as she slid it on her finger. The ring glowed a bright blue, then shrunk to fit her finger. She then shivered as the family magic filled her. "Oh my," she whispered." - That ring sounds utterly gorgeous. The family magic is not shabby either.
"They were interrupted when the door opened. Luna saw the goblin and lightly squealed. Patting Hermione on the back, she trotted over and bent down to hug him. "Hello Ripfang!" Ripfang pursed his lips and patted her on her shoulder. "Yes, yes. Hello Miss Lovegood. I mean, Lady Potter. I've told you before: Not in front of others. Now please sit down." "But I hardly ever get to see you, though," Luna pouted. This caused Ripfang to start laughing. "Only you, my dear," he shook his head. "Only you." - Poor Ripfang does not get hugged nearly enough, I think.
"Remus and Sirius were gaping at her with wide eyes. No one ever heard of anyone actually hugging a goblin before. No one in their right mind even considered it, either. Needless to say, it was beyond odd and very Luna." - AW!
"However, please mind Molly. She's a right vindictive bird, as you found out when you were eight years old." - I LIKED that bit, I liked it loads.
"Once you're married, you're considered an emancipated adult," Ripfang explained somewhat gently for a goblin. It was a bit disturbing to see a gentle goblin, to tell the truth." - But it is Luna, who would yell at her, except that vile and vindictive Molly Weasley?
"Luna flicked the box open with her thumb and actually cooed at the golden ring. Much like the Ravenclaw one, it was decidedly feminine with an onyx set as the eye of the engraved badger head. "It's so pretty," she grinned. Like Sirius and Hermione before, the ring sized itself to her finger with a golden glow and gave her a rush of family magic. Her mouth hung open from the rather rapid tingles she felt, then smiled. "That was extremely pleasant." - Hehehe.
"Eyeing his godson, Sirius speculated. "Two left, Harry. Any idea which is yours?" "I speak Parseltongue and drew the sword of Gryffindor," Harry said with a shrug. "Wouldn't surprise me in the least if it's both." "Cynical much, Harry?" Tonks asked with a wry grin." - Hehehe.
Michae1ange1o chapter 10 . 10/21/2012
Yeah with the cliches but who cares, like you said everything's been done and add that it's been done to death, like expanded multi compartment trunks, Phoenix or Shadow this and that and heir to Merlin. Did you know in HP canon Merlin was in Slytherin? it kinda pisses on all those people making the founders Merlins Apprentices/Heirs etc.

Anyway, loving the story so far and wish there was more. Thanks :)
Lupinesence chapter 10 . 10/21/2012
Great chapter :)
VizeerLord chapter 10 . 10/21/2012
too short
get better NOW!
more please
Cibbler chapter 10 . 10/20/2012
I would not be surprised either;) is is harry after all.
Great story
Dr Stranger chapter 10 . 10/20/2012
I figure two more chapters and we'll reach 24 hours of story-time.

Keep up the great pacing.
ceo55 chapter 10 . 10/20/2012
Interesting information...well done!
James018 chapter 10 . 10/20/2012
Good chapter. I'm glad you didn't go TOO over the top with the inheritance thing, as that can get a bit annoying.

I was a bit iffy over the IQs, though. First off IQs strike me as more of a Muggle thing, I can't imagine wizards being too fussed over how smart they are (remember the first book, wizards don't have an ounce of logic). Secondly the acutal numbers seem a bit overdone. You do realise you're putting Herminoe and Luna on a par with Stephen Hawking for intelligence, right? Even Sirius with an IQ of 147 is theoretically in the top 0.3 percent of all humans. That makes me laugh!

Anyway, looking forward to the next chapter. Wonder what you'll do for Harry?
hpnut1 chapter 10 . 10/20/2012
I loved it, great job! I hope you feel better soon and any story by Robst is terrific!
southern-reader chapter 10 . 10/20/2012
No fair!
Looking forward to the next chapter. Enjoying this a lot.
Spartan Ninja chapter 10 . 10/20/2012
Interesting to say the most. Not that this was bad, but there's not much to say. Please update soon.
MrHolbyta chapter 10 . 10/20/2012
An IQ of 206 isn't just "beyond genious" it's impossible. An IQ of 200 is as intelligent as it is possible to be. It would be like scoring 103% on a test with no bonus question or extra points available. This is because the IQ scale is defined by the statistical distribution of people by a bell curve centered on 100 ending at 0 and 200. IQ pedantry aside, I love the story and the characters. Keep up the good work.
cahcnn chapter 10 . 10/20/2012
This story is amazing! Really. The only thing that I found strange was how Harry and Hermione behaved with Luna, as if the HP OotP had already happened. But I saw your AN, and I found I didn't care if it was strange, because I'm just loving it.
I don't know if I should feel bad that Ron is dead. It's kind of sad that, to me, his death wouldn't change a thing in canon. He's so... useless, really.
Arthur as an Unspeakable? Never saw that coming. Andromeda? Maybe. Xenophilius? For sure. I've seen Ludo Bagman, Gilderoy Lockhart, Tonks, Xenophilius and Flitwick as Unspeakables, but Arthur still surprised me.
So, I know you updated this, like, today, but I'm already waiting for your next update! I hope it's soon, 'cause this is one of the few good HP fics actually.
catsfissh chapter 10 . 10/20/2012