Reviews for I Will Not Bow
atymer chapter 1 . 9/14/2013
I just felt like stringing Albus up would make me happy. Him and his blind sheep hiding behind a child. In this story, as typical, Harry was abandoned to his delusions and nightmares.
As far as child abuse, been there and suffered the consequences. It doesn't end. It haunts you for the rest of your life. You walk a fine line between despair and hope and watching yourself in horror when you act out because of memories or 'training.' Child abuse leaves a terrible legacy that doesn't end when the victims survive.
MissMirette chapter 1 . 2/6/2013
I have to admit, the first time I read this I didn't think much of it. Mostly because I didn't understand it. But something about it drew me back, and. I kept rereading it. And now, some 5-10 reads later, I appreciate the art with which you put the story together, an how it's more heartbreaking because of it. Really, this is an underappreciated and excellent story.
KneazleGriff chapter 1 . 12/1/2012
I applaud you for this story. Mostly because its such an enthralling story and because it very well written. At first, after reading it, I had the impression that you could have used almost any two characters from any established story and your tale would hold up. I dont mean that as an insult... I mean it as a compliment. Your story is dark... But riveting. And I just felt like it could be abiut anyone... Not only harry and sev. BUT THEN... I started to consider... Really consider... Harrys loveless childhood. A boy that abused, that neglected, that unbelievably mistreated fits this scenario so damn well. I mean... Not only the fact that the abused could become the abuser, but ALSO that he would be so starved for love, that he would easily misunderstand his coerced acts as actions of love. People often forget just how screwed up harry potter SHOULD be based on his horrific upbringing. Whether he was beaten or not... Just the fact that he was NEVER shown any love. What does that do to someone...truly? I like your story. Very much. And I am certain you have heard the opposite...but I think it is dripping with unvomgortable realism.

Well done.
QuillsAndInk221 chapter 1 . 11/28/2012
Great job once again! Keep going!
Nara and Davina Writing Co
dumb chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
Largely unreal. Most Catholics snubbed the Harry Potter series as satanic. I find it very odd to have Snape as one. Not to mention that he's dead. Dead, D-E-D. And your fic makes little sense, too sporadic to have any sort of flow. The style is elementary and sucks.
Casyn chapter 1 . 8/30/2012
This was interesting. Confusing in places, with all the different names, but interesting. As someone who dealt with an abusive boss because he had a position of power, I relate strongly to this story, albeit brief as it is. I hate that it happens and that there isn't much that can be done to prevent it from happening. But it was a well written story.
Sally the Bear chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
Such a fascinating story...It was such an odd twist on things, but very disturbingly realistic and incredibly dark. A very different perspective indeed, I found it rather enlightening, though also incredibly saddening that such cases like this truly exist out there.

Thank you for sharing. :)
Murphy chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
While I have absolutely no problem with you writing stories about sexual abuse or religion or anything, I can't help but wonder why this is a Harry Potter fanfic? It seems like a really interesting idea for a story, and it's very well written, but no one's in character and it would have worked just as well without magic. Honestly, if you want to write about this, wouldn't you be better using your own characters and writing it as an original piece? I think you're doing yourself and your idea a disservice here.