Reviews for A Darkened World
Thodekke chapter 17 . 12/18/2016
Hey. Just read this based on the recommendation of Philosophize... Very well written, albeit with a few continuity issues early on.

I enjoyed the story. :-)
vmcclure2 chapter 11 . 11/20/2016
Horcruxes play on whatever character traits the person nearest one already had, so of course the locket & goblet have strengthened his stubbornness, for the longest time that was all he had to survive his "everloving" blood relatives, survive Voldie in each of his incarnations, survive the blasted Hogwarts rumor mill, Umbridge, et al, at the same time it his stubbornness that made him impervious to the impedimenta spell which polyjuice Moody so thoughtfully cast on he & his fellow classmates, because of that stubbornness he resisted where the others acted out rediculous things.
Good story.
vmcclure2 chapter 8 . 11/19/2016
One thing I forgot, contrary to what at least 2 movies in the series showed us the magical tent Harry, Hermione, & Ron stayed in on two occasions in the books had THE look of a three bedroom apartment on the inside which included a fully functional bathroom/loo. So, in this story, there shouldn't be any need for anyone to go into the woods or wash in a pond or stream. Unless you want it that way of course.
vmcclure2 chapter 7 . 11/19/2016
Guess Hermione's guilt over leaving Harry made Ron go off his rocker and act out on his jealousy. Then Hermione's use Psychotherapy made Ron's guilt come out and he didn't like that? Something like that.
vmcclure2 chapter 2 . 11/19/2016
It makes sense! That the ICW as well as the ministry would blind themselves to what should've been done! But they were expecting The Boy Who Lived to do it all! (Sarcastic Sneer) Never mind doing the jobs that could've made Harry's tasks easier! But Noooo!
Story's good.
Velial13 chapter 8 . 11/19/2016
I highly doubt, what in a world you portrayed, a pure-blood Yaxley, would listen to a word of half-blood Umbridge.
Velial13 chapter 7 . 11/19/2016
Why hasn't Harry gotten the incantation for Findfyre , when he was interrogating Death Eater's?
BrandyK chapter 17 . 10/21/2016
Ok, this one I liked very much. The right amaount of sadness, joy, action and drama. And very good epilogue, wasn't sure at the begining but yeah! There's what is important and close all very well.
You're getting better and better.
phoebuscat chapter 17 . 8/24/2016
*sniffles* That was so sad but sooo beautiful!
WillItWork chapter 16 . 8/3/2016
Hmm, I agree that collecting a few plot coupons should not entitle one to be ‘Master of Death’, but I'm not sure what would, actually. Caller of Death, maybe? That's something that could have used some expansion — why would Death be friendly to Harry Potter? Being compelled by artifacts wouldn't. Because he's seen and caused so much death? Not sure.

There's a lot of magical thinking in Harry Potter, which is different from actual magic, and you really nail down on that feel. These are people who don't understand the world around them, and the whys and hows of what they do; given that, signs and symbols become even more important, especially because, for them, those symbols work.

Calling back the dead as in Return of the King might have been a great scene, but it has to be earned, or justified in some way. At this point in the story, it feels like you are saying, ‘the epic stuff is done, the story's ending; at this point all that's left is the mopping up.’ And with that, a anticlimactic fight scene where Harry and Death personified subvert beings of death and fear to singlehandedly rout an army of maliciousness seems perfunctory.

That said, it's been an interesting read, and thanks for sharing.
WillItWork chapter 15 . 8/3/2016
Getting close to the end here… it's interesting, but a little frustrating. I really liked Harry's death and Luna's scene in limbo, but Rose is feeling a little deus ex machina for me right now.

Let's see what the next chapter has to say.
mckertis chapter 17 . 7/25/2016
What a pointless little story. Not helped but you stupidly nattering "how was that ? how was that ? how was that ?" after every fucking chapter. Well it was bad, aright ?
ReaperOfVengeance chapter 17 . 7/9/2016
All I have to say is... Well Done. It's been hard to find a HP fanfiction that I can enjoy recently but this was great, never once did i get bored throughout the fic.
Someone chapter 2 . 6/13/2016
The first chapter made me cry. It breaks my heart that they both left, but as I continued I really liked the story. Great work.
LostUmbrella chapter 4 . 6/9/2016
Great story so far, maybe a bit slow but I think it suits it.

Only one thing: when Harry wakes Rose with his nightmare about the battle of Hogwarts, you said that Rose took her wand, but she did not have. You might want to correct it.