Reviews for The Last Stand of Kaidan Alenko
Lazurman chapter 1 . 4/21/2014
...And there go my feels. I've never read such a poignant interpretation of the last stand. I'm listening to the Mass Effect Emotional Suite now. It fits. Rest in peace, Kaidan Alenko.
Neoalfa chapter 1 . 4/17/2014
I'm not sure why I haven't seen this gem before, but it's going into my favorites for sure.
Eleneri chapter 1 . 2/24/2013
This is unique in my Mass Effect reading list. It is a fascinating perspective, written in a fluid and poetic tone, and completely captures the man and the battle and the circumstances.

I do agree with another reviewer that the last line - while visual and gives me a mental picture of what happens in that last frame - does not actually need to be there. It doesn't actually detract; you're too good for that. But it doesn't add to the symmetry that you clearly worked hard to attain.

Really, really excellent work.
FloridaMagpie chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
Interesting. I think this is the first time I've seen this topic covered. I think you did it well although I might rethink that last line were I you - I don't think it fits well with the flow of the story, either in tone or in rhythm. Overall, nice work, though.
Sharrukin chapter 1 . 9/2/2012
Very nicely done. Clean prose, direct and succinct, a very clear look at the character.
OhSoDeadly chapter 1 . 8/12/2012
Wow. This thing had me hooked from start to finish. I have to admit, I didn't think this is how Kaidan would accept his death on Virmire, but the way you wrote it just seemed to fit so well. Outstanding pace throughout, I hope that you continue to write!