Reviews for If You Only Knew
Troll99 chapter 10 . 12/17/2012
Christina Perri would probably be proud that you like her song so much ... LOL
Nice ending to this interesting story. The hunter has been finally "removed" and they even didn't have to kill him themselves. Well, the proposal itself was ... how should I say ... very "vamp-like", bloody and sweet. Impossible combination, but still ...
Thanks for the story.
XxDeathStarxX chapter 10 . 12/12/2012
"The brunette vampire hissed and clawed at the hunter's face with her sharp nails, causing him to cower back in pain. From there, the young woman kneed him in the crotch and sent him flying." I approve. He got what he deserved. lol

Not the most usual way of proposing, that's for sure XD I feel for their neighbors, because they seem to go at it like rabbits :P

Chapters 3 and 6 were my favorites in this story. Good work!
IronAmerica chapter 10 . 12/12/2012
There's a little voice that says I should finish my final project... A *very* little one.

And despite this, tracking missing blood from a blood bank is still harder than finding barbecue-fork exsanguinations in Sunnydale. :P (As to why they're acting against type: Well, Charles, I think it's obvious that they *are* smarter than you...)

Yeah. Bothering Vince while he's with his girl is a bad idea... Oh Jamie. Go kill Charles for hurting your boyfriend. That's a good vamp, dear. :P

Hooray for Sarah! :D

If you want the best, Vince, get her a sapphire or a colored gem. Diamonds are worth less than they're being sold for. It's all a conspiracy! (And this time, I'm not ranting. It's true.)

It's actually supposed to be either "diamonds" or "gems", as a diamond is a gemstone, but whatever. I'm distracted by mental images of sparklies... :P

Very lovely ending to the story, dear. :)

IronAmerica chapter 9 . 11/27/2012
I AM DONE WITH NANO! I QUIT! I GIVE UP! *mutters* What do you mean, I finished it already?

And the lie of "good genetics" only goes so far... Poor Jamie. And hey, it's Vince's explanation for why he's splitting! Yay!

Sensible vampires have humans on retainer or go to blood banks. Thank you, Jamie darling, for explaining that. (And for how to keep the neighbors from deciding you're a psycho and calling the cops when they find all that blood... :P *snerk*)

Vince is an amazing friend, and Jamie needs to stop freaking out. Seriously.

DALES! Freakin' Dales! Have I mentioned I adore them at all, lately? Because I do. I really do. :D *hugs them* And honestly, these two are awesome in the same room together. :D *hugs Dana and Dominic*

No quibbles, but screw it, I'm done with NaNo. Who cares?

XxDeathStarxX chapter 9 . 11/27/2012
Very good chapter! I really liked their cuddling moment :)

"Until then, Jamie would just do her best to teach him everything that she knew about being a vampire and hope to God that he didn't do anything stupid." Obviously Jamie can always hope, but it's Vince we're talking about here, so... no chance whatsoever :D

"As time went by, the four adults had actually become close friends. (What that really meant was that Jamie and Dana got along excellently, and the men just had to go along for the ride, whether they liked it or not...)" I was already like 'What?' when I read the first sentence, but then I read further. Lol. That's the way it goes, fair or not.

"Jamie had kept on telling her boyfriend that her instincts were telling her to run, run as fast as they could. Vince, on the other hand, didn't really see the need. Some days, the elder vampire thought that it would just be easier if she struck her boyfriend in the back of the head and just dragged him along." That's a good idea! I'd like to see that plan in action :P
Troll99 chapter 9 . 11/27/2012
Nice chapter. I like that they finally got at least few days of peacefulness. I guess that there is still a storm coming and they'll have to reach some sort of a (at least partially) final solution with their hunters.

Well, I was waiting when Dana and DOminic would show up ... and they did! LOL

Good work and now I'm eager to see what you have in store for the epilogue.
IronAmerica chapter 8 . 11/15/2012
It's up! :D

And yet, she doesn't sound as reckless or speedy as Barbara Everette... (From another story I'm reading. Not relevant, but...) Vince, Jamie *does* have a point. Although I would avoid Chicago... :S

Vince has rather come out of his shell since becoming a vampire, hasn't he? Hm. *tilts head to side* Now the question is, what will their neighbors think? (Of course, given that they're staying at a No-Tell Motel, I doubt anything would come of it...)

They're an adorable couple. And yes, Jamie, Vince is a goofball. At least he's a sweetie, though, right? :D

No quibbles. (Aside from wondering when someone's going to put an APB out for the missing/presumed dead cop who seems to answer to Vince Faraday, last seen in the company of a strange woman who may have murdered him with her boyfriend's help... But that's just me.)

Troll99 chapter 8 . 11/14/2012
Somehow I'd prefer to title the chapter "Kiss of Life". After all ... she gave him his life (sort of) back, she didn't take it from him.
I love the way she shows him the way to go, how she subtly guides him, without letting him notice it, without him being aware of it.
Well, the nightlife (oops, sorry, "daylife" for vamps) was ... how should I say ... very fulfilled.
XxDeathStarxX chapter 8 . 11/14/2012
I bet the people next door to Vince and Jamie had a very pleasant stay at the hotel :D

Loved the last scene! The argument about who loves the other more was great. lol And those pouting lips... gah!

Good work!
Troll99 chapter 7 . 11/3/2012
I''ve got a feeling that we're going to see Charles again and it will not be nice when Jamie meets him. Considering that she felt someone was watching her, I'd say that he's directly after her and the "close encounter of the third kind" is just about to happen.
OK, so the dumb Vince made it inevitable for Jamie to turn him. Not very nice but still effective. I hope she gives him one hell of a lecture when he ressurects. He surely deserves it.
The allusion on Terminator is not to be missed. I just wonder how Charles knew about terminators? Is he a psychic? Or does he watch TV too much? lol
IronAmerica chapter 7 . 11/3/2012
It's up! Yay!

Well...there *are* some people who do... :S And they're pretty normal, aside from the fashion sense. This guy, on the other hand? He's got some serious issues. Ever heard of psychiatric counseling for those raging issues you got? (Have to wonder if he was a blood bank for a vamp at some point... :\ :P)

Love Vince's explanations, though. And... Oh! Armbar! Quick! Grab his two middle fingers and bend 'em back to the breaking points, Vince! You can make him take his pants off so you can run away faster! (...*looks at director* What do you *mean*, this isn't my self-defense class?) And...nope, there he goes again, getting all beat up. *sighs* (Although getting out of one of those holds is pretty hard, and it *hurts*.)

Awwww... :( Vince! No! Why?! *flails* Jamie! Save him!

Also, my big question regarding this chapter: I know club-goers are self-absorbed the second the strobe lights go on, but...how exactly did they not notice Vince getting turned into a human shishkabob? At least one paramedic should have been there... Of course, Jamie was nearby, I think, so... Alles in ordnung?

Lovely chapter either way. :)

XxDeathStarxX chapter 7 . 11/3/2012
Loved the TSCC references Vince and Charles used :D

"'You don't have to spare my life. Kill me, please, that'll just give her the incentive to turn me, without her having to feel bad about it,' Vince chuckled, wiping some of the blood off of his mouth."

Vince is such a sneaky bastard - good thinking :) He better not tell about this to Jamie though, or Jamie might make him regret the day he was born XD

Good work!

"So, my laptop is on its way to HP to get repaired. Blame my cats for stepping all over my keyboard."

You should give them detention or something! Maybe buying your own Tin Miss would keep them in order... well, more likely they would just trash your whole room together :P
Troll99 chapter 6 . 10/10/2012
Bring me to life
I've been living a lie, there's nothing inside
Bring me to life
(Lee, Moody, Hodges)
Although in this story the word "life" should be replaced by "death". lol

I guess it's time to leave my comment also for this story, which I've been reading for quite a while now but never got that far to write my thoughts down. So ...

Interesting idea from the beginning on - Vince, being literally forced into death (OK, as a human being) to guarantee safety for his Jamie and himself. You've developed the story very good, bringing it to the point, where his death by his girlfriend is actually the only way out of trouble. However, there are still these damn vampire hunters who have to be dealt with.
Vince, going out as decoy without Jamie knowing it ... well, if I were Jamie he'd have to listen to some "not so nice" remarks after returning. However, his odds are not so good at the moment. I guess Charles is far more dangerous than he appears to be.
"At least he was fighting against another human, rather than another vampire, right?" Rrrrrright ...
Is Charles human at all? Such a sense of smell? Strange.

Good chapter and story as whole.
XxDeathStarxX chapter 6 . 10/9/2012
"The blue-eyed cop tugged at his girlfriend's chin until she looked up at him, 'stop putting yourself down, Jamie. I love you, and, it's not like you're holding me hostage as nothing but a blood bank, right?' 'No, but—' Jamie tried to add, only to be stopped by her boyfriend mashing his lips against hers. 'Stop it,' Vince told her, pulling away from her lips ever so slightly. 'We're in this together. I'm not leaving you, and you sure as hell aren't leaving me.' The vampire let out a whimper before she craned her neck to start up another kiss with her human. 'I just want to keep you safe… but, I don't want to have to kill you just to do so.'" That was definitely my favorite moment in this one. Got to say that I really love that way of shutting her up ;D

"He sensed her heightened distress and woke up with dread settling into the pit of his gut. 'Babe… what's wrong?' Vince asked groggily, trying to shake himself awake. It didn't even matter that he was still human at this point. Something wasn't right with his girlfriend, and that/she was his top priority, no matter what." I really like that they've such a deep connection and that Vince has his priorities straight :)

"Without his girlfriend's permission, he went out to the bar to play decoy. He couldn't just sit there and wait for something to come to them." Of course he had to do that. It's Vince after all :) I'm sure Jamie will understand... or not. lol

Very good chapter!
IronAmerica chapter 6 . 10/8/2012
Honestly, I'm surprised he hasn't been turned already...

Wouldn't that be the bloodhound of the group? Either way.

Awwwww... :( Poor Jamie. Poor Vince, for that matter. Sheesh. Talk about a tough relationship...

Oh oy. Vince is such a dummy. *headwalls* We're in for Vince whumpage in the next chapter, aren't we? *huggles him*

Lovely chapter. My only quibble is that you need a comma after "you" and before "toots". That's about it. :)