Reviews for Wish You Were Here
Deathly Still chapter 2 . 8/23/2012
I HATE RUSS SO MUCH! Great job writing this, I could really see it play out In my head.
Christina chapter 1 . 8/18/2012
Please post soon! You are such a talented writer!
RDana chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
Hi. I discover your fic just now, when I am at the bus going to work and loved it. Please, update soon and let us to know how it will be now. Jo looks like so depressed in the end ... how it will be when her kids discover the truth, how will be with Russ more "near and confident" but specially, how will be Mac reaction when he discover the 2 truths: he loves Jo and she slept with Russ.
onyxcareles chapter 1 . 8/13/2012
Great story. Hope you continue soon.
Danielle chapter 1 . 8/13/2012
Oh gosh, that was intense! Jo really do feel empty and I'd love to read more about her emotions... well written. Please continue soon!
UrbanMuse chapter 1 . 8/13/2012
This is a really creative idea for a story. I like that you involved Russ, and am enjoying how you've portrayed him so far - I've never liked the character, although I suppose that's the point ;( - and you're doing a good job of showing his smarmy side! I also like how you're explaining Jo's feelings of hopelessness/helplessness in the face of everything that's going on. Your line towards the end is so sad ". . . after so many years, again, she let him mark her as his."
In the beginning, I liked the sudden contrast in Jo's emotions from right before to right after Mac told her he was going to buy a ring. Great descriptive writing - from her initial wide happy smile to the sudden ache in her jaw from having to force that same smile. Her washed out voice, the blood rushing in her ears, difficulty breathing and then her intense need to just get out of there. I love that scene!
I'd forgotten she'd helped set up Mac's social networking site, so of course she's blaming herself for his relationship with Christine! How ironic.
I was happy that you showed Jo's conviction to her work while searching the apartment and finally finding an address. Even with her personal life suffering, she's still able to keep her head and focus on her job. And I could see her reacting as she did after telling the parents their daughter was dead. The scene on the bench in the hallway with Mac was very sweet.
Loved the dinner scene - how Russ managed to not at all subtly maneuver Ellie to a chair so Jo was forced to sit next to him, his hands on her under the table the whole time, staring at her. I can just see Russ completely ignoring Tyler and Ellie, focused solely on Jo. Although he did remember the nice red, Californian wine. ;) Mmm. . . .
I'm just not convinced by Mac's cluelessness in all this - he should know better than to get engaged to someone he admits he doesn't really know that well, who's company he doesn't truly enjoy all the time, for whom he can't even pick a ring! He'd better come to his senses pretty soon!
Can't wait for the next chapter!
csinyfever chapter 1 . 8/12/2012
Wow, this is really amazing and I loved the way Jo reacted towards the girls death and parents and the way Jo tried to seem enthusiastic about Mac buying Christine a ring. It was amazing and I can't wait for an update! I hope Mac soon realises that he should be with Jo and not Christine.
missgrace114 chapter 1 . 8/12/2012
I really liked it, its different, but I really hope Mac realises its Jo he should be with! Update soon please :) x
csinyfan28 chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
You better apologize to me, missy! You just ripped out my heart and I don't know what the heck you did with it but I'm sitting here with my mouth hanging wide opened. Thanks for mentioning me in the opening, it means alot! I love where you're going with this story and I can't wait to read more! After a boring day, a long chapter made me SO HAPPY! Oh, I didn't forget about your PM, I'll get back to that ASAP as soon as my Internet is back up... I'm reviewing from my phone at the moment. Anyways, I love this! Great work as always!
tlh45 chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
I hope there is more and I hope that Jo and Mac end up together in the end.
CeaEmJay chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
Well I have already told you what I think of this story, but it deserves an official review so... Boom!
This is awesome! I love it & I have been waiting all week when you first started sharing your ideas of what you next story would be. And of course you don't disappoint (: I had wondered where you got the inspiration from and I too read that story (: keep writing, I love it!
161 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11