Reviews for Once Again
WholockedHopeful chapter 7 . 3/3
The perfect continuation of a wonderful show. Absolutely loved it, and I've taken to calling the characters Declan and Dusana myself now! Brilliant work :)
maphie chapter 7 . 2/19
I've never read anything but Twific on this site. I like this one. You may be changing my mind.
cejsmom chapter 7 . 12/21/2013
I saw the play last night so what a relief to have this gift to help heal my heart. And you did, they did, him her, Declan, Dusana. Perfect.
Emmaline3 chapter 7 . 11/23/2013
Such a tender love story... does it have to end right here, right now?
Thank you anyway, it was such a pleasure to read!
LBelle chapter 7 . 6/10/2013
What a beautiful story. I really enjoyed this.
Woadangel chapter 7 . 1/20/2013
Oh, gosh, this was wonderful. It was a needed balm to the soul. It fills the aching hole left by the unfinished ending of the original. I wish you would continue it...I feel like your version of their story is far from over!
Liesel chapter 1 . 1/10/2013
Hi, I just watched the movie Once and...I guess just really want to thank you because I probably wouldn't discover this amazing movie if it weren't for you and now I'm gonna read your fic. Okbye.
Gigi Scott chapter 6 . 1/3/2013
Just saw this show last week and adored it, but found the ending so sad and unfinished. I've read lots of your stories, and was so thrilled to run across this. You captured it perfectly. The only thing missing was the music itself, which I liked in the play better than the story. Wonderful fic. One of my new favorites!
arfalcon chapter 7 . 1/2/2013
*sigh* A beautiful beginning, and the most wonderful, satisfying ending. I love this story so much. Now I can go back and marvel at some of the specifics–your pacing, your phrasing, your word choices–because your writing in all seven chapters is superb. As effusive as I know you are about the source material, you managed the restraint necessary to build the right amount of tension, and you mixed the romance with enough hard reality to ground the story. You nailed this description of Dusana's understanding of her predicament with this amazing line: "I stepped foot into adulthood and went right into battle,..."

Damn, you're good. What a gift to all of us!
arfalcon chapter 6 . 1/2/2013
Another wonderful chapter! I'm just amazed at your ear for both Czech phrasing and humor. I have a Czech friend, and so much of the dialogue sounds almost familiar. I should be equally amazed by how you're writing Declan, but your portrayal is so exactly what I'd imagine that I haven't singled it out as noteworthy. Yet writing a wonderful character who everybody adores isn't easy either, and you've done it beautifully.
arfalcon chapter 5 . 1/2/2013
Omg, it's 9:20am and you've already made me cry. This chapter is so beautiful, so poignant and you've captured ALL the characters perfectly. I loved Dusana's hilarious and unintentionally funny "She'll probably make the soldier fall from the horse and die being trampled under his hooves." From the flatmates to Declan's quiet, earnest quest, this is the most romantic, lovely writing ever. You've left me fumbling for words to describe my reaction.
arfalcon chapter 4 . 1/1/2013
Yessssssss! I want to stay up late and read the rest, but real life starts again tomorrow. I love this story!
arfalcon chapter 3 . 1/1/2013
Your description of Fiona's pursuit of the suit and her corporate-speak was absolutely dead on. Declan's outsider's view of Fiona in the midst of NYC's own particular brand of black-suited corporate American is one of the best descriptions I've read in a long time. Well done!
arfalcon chapter 2 . 1/1/2013
Perfect chapter. This line was so soul-crushing: ""You're still doing that, then?" Omg, that broke my heart. And I could really HEAR her say it, cruel NY bit_h that she's become. And then stupid Malek made me rage, but Dusana's mom was so right about her fire. Wonderful, wonderful work here. The dialogue is excellent.
arfalcon chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
Finally! I've been DYING to read this for the last two weeks. And I LOVE it. You zoomed right in on the mysteries (why did Marek leave, why did Fiona leave). You gave the story the cliffhangers that the gorgeous music of the broadway production managed to obscure. The voices are perfect, too, and I like the names you've given them. I finally get why you've been so obsessed.