Reviews for Once Again
Pinocchio's J.C chapter 3 . 8/1/2014
I love that you've allowed them to be mature adults when it comes to ending a relationship - it's no one's fault (in this case), they've just become different people. I will say, though, that I don't think it's a problem to not "need" someone. That's being rather codependent.
Pinocchio's J.C chapter 2 . 8/1/2014
Yay! You stick up for yourself, Dusana! I adore that you're giving her more of a voice than the film and musical :)
Pinocchio's J.C chapter 1 . 8/1/2014
Of course Dusana has to stay at home and take care of the daughter, eh? He doesn't even give any thought to the idea that she might want to DO something, just assumes that she'll be okay with giving up HER dreams. . . And she lets him. I love that you're getting into her growth as a human being, I just have a bit of a hard time empathizing with people who let others walk over them, you know?
jermak99 chapter 6 . 7/29/2014
I was looking through my favorite stories list and I saw this fic. Of course I read it back when you posted it, but I also re-read it today and it's still just as good now as it was then. Such a great story! And I had to post this on the second to last chapter because I've already reviewed it ;)
eponnia chapter 7 . 6/15/2014
Everything about this is perfect. I absolutely adore it. I know its been quite some time but will there ever be any more to this lovely fic?
MissAlexVause chapter 7 . 3/3/2014
The perfect continuation of a wonderful show. Absolutely loved it, and I've taken to calling the characters Declan and Dusana myself now! Brilliant work :)
maphie chapter 7 . 2/19/2014
I've never read anything but Twific on this site. I like this one. You may be changing my mind.
cejsmom chapter 7 . 12/21/2013
I saw the play last night so what a relief to have this gift to help heal my heart. And you did, they did, him her, Declan, Dusana. Perfect.
Emmaline3 chapter 7 . 11/23/2013
Such a tender love story... does it have to end right here, right now?
Thank you anyway, it was such a pleasure to read!
LBelle chapter 7 . 6/10/2013
What a beautiful story. I really enjoyed this.
Woadangel chapter 7 . 1/20/2013
Oh, gosh, this was wonderful. It was a needed balm to the soul. It fills the aching hole left by the unfinished ending of the original. I wish you would continue it...I feel like your version of their story is far from over!
Liesel chapter 1 . 1/10/2013
Hi, I just watched the movie Once and...I guess just really want to thank you because I probably wouldn't discover this amazing movie if it weren't for you and now I'm gonna read your fic. Okbye.
Gigi Scott chapter 6 . 1/3/2013
Just saw this show last week and adored it, but found the ending so sad and unfinished. I've read lots of your stories, and was so thrilled to run across this. You captured it perfectly. The only thing missing was the music itself, which I liked in the play better than the story. Wonderful fic. One of my new favorites!
arfalcon chapter 7 . 1/2/2013
*sigh* A beautiful beginning, and the most wonderful, satisfying ending. I love this story so much. Now I can go back and marvel at some of the specifics–your pacing, your phrasing, your word choices–because your writing in all seven chapters is superb. As effusive as I know you are about the source material, you managed the restraint necessary to build the right amount of tension, and you mixed the romance with enough hard reality to ground the story. You nailed this description of Dusana's understanding of her predicament with this amazing line: "I stepped foot into adulthood and went right into battle,..."

Damn, you're good. What a gift to all of us!
arfalcon chapter 6 . 1/2/2013
Another wonderful chapter! I'm just amazed at your ear for both Czech phrasing and humor. I have a Czech friend, and so much of the dialogue sounds almost familiar. I should be equally amazed by how you're writing Declan, but your portrayal is so exactly what I'd imagine that I haven't singled it out as noteworthy. Yet writing a wonderful character who everybody adores isn't easy either, and you've done it beautifully.