Reviews for Alternatively
Chris4 chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
You have a wonderful way of pulling your reader in immediately, and this story is no different. Tangled timelines, centered on Rose's school (or Rose/Jimmy it would seem). Excellent work, as always.
Balerion chapter 2 . 8/17/2012
This chapter slays me. I love and hate the Doctor all at the same time; Nine is so sweet and I love how Rose is helping him heal, but that bit about Reinette and a future them is like an arrow to the heart. I'm so glad there's one more chapter of this. Hopefully more? Something happy to counter that GitF moment-ruiner?
Bamfbugboy chapter 2 . 8/17/2012
UGH! I demand you write more, because you left my heart throbbing and all too anxious for more!

Wonderful work, as always!
JollyRoger1 chapter 2 . 8/16/2012
I'm glad this is going to have more chapters. Keep up the good work. :)
Siess chapter 2 . 8/16/2012
Beautiful.

Everything was so in character and so meaningful. I ache for the Doctor, God, why can't he have what he wants? Why does everything have to go the way it does? Rose may want him, yes, but he knows he can't keep her. At least at this point in time, he knows he'll lose her eventually. And that makes me *ache* for him.

I'm really looking forward for the last part.
Gypsy chapter 1 . 8/13/2012
MORE! MORE! This is awesome stuff. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 8/12/2012
oh I do like this AU with Nine...so, he is there to help Rose achieve what she needs to in order to travel with him in the future...love the defender mode and if Jimmy knows what is good for him, he will leave well enough alone...looking forward to more.
Siesandboots chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
Just to edit my previous comment: The Doctor wouldn't be more self-blaming, of course not. I don't think anyone could ever hate him/herself and blame him/herself as much as the Doctor did. Bar none. I don't think it would be possible. So, maybe he's not more self-blaming, but he isn't handling it as well as in canon. Or maybe he just didn't meet Rose fast enough to handle it like he did in canon. Maybe he wandered for weeks or months before the TARDIS had enough and kicked him out, while in canon, he almost immediately went to a shop in London. I have no idea. My point is, though, that he just isn't handling himself as well as he did in the show *nods head* That was all I was trying to edit, LOL. It kinda got away from me... :D
EmmanuelleG chapter 1 . 8/13/2012
I've just started watching Doctor Who, and I don't know what I'll do once Christopher Eccleston is off the screen. I adore his incarnation of the Doctor. It's just so perfect. And this has got to be the best piece of fanfiction I've ever read in regards of 9. I adore your way of writing. Please do continue :) !
Bamfbugboy chapter 1 . 8/12/2012
YES I DEMAND MORE OF THIS. PLEASE.
Goldilocks Ate The Three Bears chapter 1 . 8/12/2012
This is a interesting story. It's quite good!
lovefromyourginger chapter 1 . 8/12/2012
Izzy! I'm developing an addiction to these AUs you keep dishing out. THIS IS FANTASTIC! Your stories always are! Omg, I'm really excited now! I love this I love this I love this.
Nine as a literature teacher with Rose as his student. Wow. I cannot WAIT to see where you go with this!
Molto Bene!
Kels
Balerion chapter 1 . 8/12/2012
You always have the best ideas. Love this!
Siess chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
Okay, first of all... Every single time I get anything in my mailbox that has your name on it, I get major MAJOR kicky-feet! You are so perfect and I just can't with your writing and your descriptions and your ideas and your ability to keep people in character! You are legitimately one of my absolute favorite authors and I JUST LOVE YOU SO MUCH COME OVER HERE SO I CAN CUDDLE YOU! :3

*clears throat* Hello. I am really, REALLY looking forward to this little (or big (I'd prefer big because you are amazing and I love everything you do and write and say, but it'll be amazing either way)) story. I cannot wait to see how Rose is going to react in the next chapter. I can't wait to see how the Doctor is going to develop feelings for her and how everything plays out because this is just sooo different. And yet, not. It's weird because everything is going to change, but they'll be the same people (even if one is a little more broken and self-blaming and the other is younger and maybe a little more broken as well) which is the most important part. Rose and the Doctor. The Doctor and Rose. Shiver and Shake. Rose heals the Doctor. The Doctor heals Rose. It'll always be like that no matter what the circumstances of their meeting are. That said, it IS going to be different and I, for one, cannot wait to see what you have in store for us (and them)!

I'm really looking forward to more! :D

P.S. You are actually perfect. End. Period. Done. You are, it's true.
JollyRoger1 chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
Very interesting. I'm liking this idea. :)
60 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4