Reviews for Aura less: Black and White
PocketMonstersDaisuki chapter 26 . 9/28/2014
When will Ash reveal that he is an Aura Zero? Soon?
Also, this story kind of reminds me of Magi for some strange reason. :P
dragoncreators chapter 26 . 9/27/2014
Wow, you really were planning to have Liberty die? I didn't believe for a moment he did, (if I was in his position, I would have secured the gas pedal and jumped the same moment Ash did, plus we have never seen if he has any Pokemon hidden), for multiple reasons: we never found out much of his past, so his character arc isn't completed, he is too involved to be a short-lived helpful side character to act as a mirror to the protagonist, not to mention too developed. He is pretty much Ash's brother by circumstance. You could compare their closeness and their potential for future brotherhood/friendship to Black and N. Not to mention it would break a bunch of rules in semi-realistic fiction, like they never saw the body, the action isn't over, the uncompleted character arc... I vote you keep him as an occasionally showed side character like you have been doing. He would probably be trapped for a while in the forest, with Ash believing him dead for at least a month. Maybe saved by Virizon itself? And not without injury, scars or being partially crippled.

This was really great for Ash's development, in the future you can have him take criminals way more seriously and with tolerance. Him being totally aware that he could actually fail to protect someone, that there ARE unhappy endings, leaves all sorts of avenues to explore.

I think everyone acted completely in-character, the Pokemon moves and logic continuity upheld, and no sudden face-heel turns. An all around great, drama and action filled chapter that opens up many story arc doors for all the characters involved, and hints at many and flashback stories.

Very awesome and well-done! Thank you for sharing, and good luck with the next chapter! I can't wait :D
Much love Aurora

PS: sorry for the typos and weird a sentences, this is from a phone.
thor94 chapter 26 . 9/27/2014
good chapter.
hunter J is cruel (lol the rocket hitting the airship), ask how ash will escape, for me i see no ways (except if he awake a new power), already he was border to death against some average poachers, but J is far stronger than them.
Glad liberty is gone (and i hope he will be gone for a very long moment), he always take the screen, and with him ash shone (briefly) only because liberty allowed him to shine (like the shonen hero saying "lets go bud, i let you handle this time, i will only sit and see", even if the hero could solve the problem in a blink by himself). Liberty was the MC and the hero of this chapter and left in an amazing awesome bang (deidara would be glad)

Now can't wait the next chapter, in hope ash finally become the shining main character,for good and save the day (no liberty, no magical new/old OC fall from nowhere, but ash only ash with ALL other people stay in supporting role)
ultimateCCC chapter 26 . 9/27/2014
It's the huntress vs. Mr. One-Of-A-Kind.
Tom chapter 25 . 9/7/2014
Love the story keep writing!
Aurora chapter 25 . 7/18/2014
I don't know what to say other than that I loved this chapter and am hungry for more! :)
thor94 chapter 25 . 7/18/2014
Good chapter, ash is little more important even if it's just infiltration and little smart showtime for keeping few data.
And liberty fall from nowhere again, a gary stu incarnate (he has teleport power?).
Finally virizon appeared (i want ash is the one saving her)
Hope next, ash will have a true shining "save the day" moment WITHOUT LIBERTY to take the screen (or powerless jailed liberty that ash will rescue).
About author note:
you are right about the powerless ash fighting armed dangerous guys is him, but in the last moment, he suddenly awake new amazing dormant birth power from arceus to saving the day and the world by the power of chosen one and friendship. it is what happen in most of pokemon movies, and in most of shonen mangas like one piece, naruto, etc (the MC is goofy and look weak compared to others, but with friendship power he finally unlock a new badass skill to kick bad guy ass and save the day).
-movie ash is a kind hearted hero: he is amazing, i like it, as expected to shonen main character.
-anime ash is a naive, loser, goof and never improve: he is pathetic, i hate it, he is a shame for all usual shonen main characters.

so can't wait next chapters and hoping a true shinning ash (he is the main character, the chosen one, time to act like this and out of his hat tons of special move like spread his blood to dispel opponent, power to seal bad dark power, like liberty stu)
Katz4 chapter 24 . 7/7/2014
I have a question. I know Ash's past traveling companions know about his scar, but do any of them know he's Aura less?
Katz4 chapter 24 . 7/1/2014
Still great, of course, although, I think, in this chapter, you used words and phrases like "however" and "even then" a little too much. It's great to use these for more complex sentence structures, but don't overdue it.
Update soon!
thor94 chapter 24 . 6/28/2014
Good chapter, iris is impressive with her aura and pokemon.
And ash pokemon too (as you said in your AN, ash only depend of his pokemon, as auraless he can only motivate his pokemon).
When do you plan giving a badass power to ash, i really want see him shine and save the situation, he deserve becoming the true hero for once. badass power like reverse-aura (opposite to aura but similar power, like distorsion world for earth) or legendary pokemon summon like a chosen one.
I said only Ash, not Liberty coming from nowhere and playing the gary sue savior with his super power.
Katz4 chapter 23 . 6/19/2014
Ugh, this is good. Hands down one of my favorite AUs. I think about this story all the time. I can not wait for the next update.
You're getting philosophical here and I quiet like it. I enjoyed reading this new OC, but I did wonder how much of a role she will play here. And will she be a recurring character?
You kinda left us on a cliffy with this chapter, so I'm definitely looking forward to the next instalment. The flamethrower has me worried! Write quickly and Thanks!
thor94 chapter 23 . 6/1/2014
Interesting chapter.
I have nothing against OC as long as they don't put ash on the background. Liberty has often tend to take ash main position/role and sound like a mary sue (the boy, with badass power who know the most confidential secrets and plan of criminal groups and the mysteries of the world, i dislike these kind of character, especially when they takes the main character place)
dragoncreators chapter 23 . 6/1/2014
I loved this, it was cool how that gym leader could sense the bond between ash and pikachu even though they don't have an aura bond. Please continue, I love all your characters and original-ness!
Keep doing this amazing story!

- Aurora
dragoncreators chapter 22 . 5/29/2014
That was awesome, terrible, horrible and amazing! It was so sad, and Ash is so strong... This story is such a roller-coaster thriller and emotional and awesome! Please continue this fantastic story! :D

PLEASE!
Aurora
dragoncreators chapter 19 . 5/29/2014
The Puns in Liberty's name are delightful! :D
Liberty Knocks, L (Death Note XD), Liberty Nox (Turning off light spell in HP) and Liberty Knocks as in knocking you over XD.

I really love this story, I was up all night yesterday reading it (I didn't read until here, not even I can read that fast enjoyably.)
This is freaking awesome! Please continue :D