Reviews for Burning Questions
JuseaPeterson chapter 1 . 12/13/2013
That was really good. I loved the time you set this in and what was going on between Sam and Dean. I think you did a great job with how they both felt regarding everything. I loved how you had Sam’s POV and how it wasn’t altogether there. I especially loved how you had Sam thinking all those things when he was dehydrated and that some he would say out loud without realizing it and the only thing that showed he had was Dean replying about it. I’m glad they were able to take care of them and that Sam is okay. I love how Dean took care of Sam and that Sam was still thinking of Dean. Great one-shot.
Parnassus chapter 1 . 9/1/2013
"I got it, you know," Dean said conversationally if hoarsely in the early morning quiet of the bathroom. He propped his cheek on his updrawn knee again. "I remember what you were like, Sam, all full of passion and ideas and hope." He'd been such a bright, warm-hearted, earnest kid. It hadn't been his idea to have to choose between school and family, nor the woman he loved or hunting. He hadn't asked for abilities, or to be special. He'd been stabbed in the back by a person whose life he'd spared, and witnessed his brother die horribly. And then when he'd wanted to fix it, he'd sold his soul just a little less literally than his father and brother had, only to lose everything in the gamble. Sam had tried so very hard all along to do the right thing despite terrible losses and powerful foes. "You just couldn't win, could you?" Dean mused. "Think the deck was always stacked against us, dude." - Yep, that was where I started tearing up...it's okay, you can just keep those broken pieces of heart...Ha, seriously though, so very insightful and beautifully written.
Freya922 chapter 1 . 6/26/2013
This was extraordinarily good. I loved the alternating points of view, and more than anything the exploration of Sam's burdens, sins, and regret. You showed how much the soul crushing road he'd been down had cost and that Dean got that, too...that he remembered that bright spirit from their childhood. I'm a mental health professional, among other things, and I am often appalled at the harsh judgment people heap on Sam. You explored this with such empathy for both of them. I was choking up throughout.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
Poor Sam, sunburn does sucks.
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 5/15/2013
Awesome! You were able to get Sam's thought process down perfectly here. Your word choices really got across his confusion and translations of everything Dean said or did. It's great seeing how epic he can be even when he's so sick that he should be out for the count, but no! He's escaping and setting fire to the motel and warning attackers off of Dean left and right. I really liked seeing Dean's perspective on this one too. Seeing him wrap his mind around how important Sam is to him no matter what he had done... because he had been doing them for the right reasons all along.
SayLo chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
Hehe
borgmama1of5 chapter 1 . 4/7/2013
This was excruciating to read-because you made me feel every bit of what happened to Sam!
spnlittlebro chapter 1 . 11/22/2012
Congrats! You've been rec'd at the spn_littlebro community on Livejournal!
cappy712 chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
That was great. Loved the whole build up and the story. Thank you for sharing.
irismay42 chapter 1 . 9/1/2012
I feel like I could drink the tap dry after that! Poor Sam. You did a great job of getting into his season five headspace there!
Nana56 chapter 1 . 8/29/2012
Gee whiz! What a horrible thing to do to a person! Sam's right...sunburn sucks! I could so feel his pain as I got a really bad sunburn from sitting on the side of a pool for several hours as a kid. :(

Mistaken identity also sucks. Those guys thought they were gun runners?! I think Sam did what he had to do to protect his brother and Dean's reaction was that of a big brother. They both done good. :D

Loved it. :)
LittleLurker chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
God, I think I love all your stories.
As usual, this one is no exception. Somehow you even pull off the quiet scenes so very well that I can practically see them played out in my mind's eye. Their voices are spot on and the descriptions of their facial expressions are so thorough that it's not difficult to imagine both their faces showing exactly the emotions you want us to see. Once again: brilliant story-telling!

Thanks and take care.
D.
T.L. Arens chapter 1 . 8/23/2012
Wow. Leaves me with a seriously fuzzy feeling. Your descriptions here are deliciously tangilble. I felt Sam's exhaustion and felt his heat blisters. I felt the hot sun and saw the old abandoned motel. :D LOVED THE ANGST! Mmmm... angst. The relationship here was so well written and it gave the story here a solid feel. We were left dangling in season 5 by the writers who never quite fixed the boys' relationship. It (season 5) ended by crushing my heart because while the boys managed to get along and trust one another again, the love wasn't there anymore.
You put it back together here and I really appreciate that. :)
Thank you for the story.
KKBELVIS chapter 1 . 8/23/2012
There was the nails-on-chalkboard sound of talons scraping rock. The bird was advancing cautiously, and Dean let himself worry for a brief second that their scents weren't hidden enough. But Sam knew his stuff, and the Big Bird finally hopped twice and tottered toward its nest. Its shadow stretched long and ominous over the cave wall above the Winchesters' heads

Loved the description above...the sound and the feel of the cave...felt so real to me! Love that about your works! Cave stories are one of my favs!

Dean using a flame thrower...super hot!

They were squatting again, both for lack of funds and because the closest motel to the Big Bird's cave had been almost fifty miles away. Instead, they'd found an abandoned strip motel in the desert, still furnished with tattered and dusty beds and sagging furniture. The toilet was a strip of sand out back and running water was a jug they kept in the corner and a cooler full of drinks, but they'd stayed in worse

Lovely description of where they are squatting.

And I'm with Dean...window's down kind of gal...No AC.

You wrote: He had a knife and fighting skills learned from a Marine and a protective, streetwise older brother

...Awesome words...very exciting part of the story...I couldn't breath...Sam all confused and hurting but still bucking up to do what he was trained to do...awesome.

Fresh idea...captivating...sweet, but not over-frosted.

I love me some K-Hanna to escape the world! A Fav for sure!

Karen
JaniceC678 chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
Wow! hurt/comfort? Yeah...to the 10th power! That was amazing. And a totally new way to hurt Sam that I haven't come across before - that was gutwrenchingly brutal. I could almost feel Dean's terror when he pulled up and saw Sam like that. And then Dean's tenderness in taking care of him...oh, man. Perfect!
50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »