Reviews for Why?
ani chapter 1 . 11/30/2014
once again logic trumps all. i've seen people handle this with the fact that Lupin had the potion hours before the incident, but i've never seen some use duty and pack dynamics to.

and i love the ending! i always wondered what Snape thought about that.
Clueless-Major chapter 1 . 11/30/2014
Awwwww! Snape may not have been a nice teacher, but he is a GREAT teacher. (sometimes...well, when he wants to be). Loved this one-shot, I think this could've been cannon, and probably a nice memory for Harry when he decides to name Al after Snape.
HopefullyEloquent chapter 1 . 11/20/2014
Very true. I hadn't really thought about the fact he hid the truth about Black being an animagus; anyway, "forgetting" to take his potion was more than enough reason to get the boot.
Gimlifan8 chapter 1 . 10/30/2014
Pretty great logic, I never considered it like that. Lupin's excuses of not telling Dumbledore about Sirius's animagus form suddenly seems rather pathetic. Snape's right, Dumbledore would probably pass it off as yet another act of bravery if Lupin had told him. And even if Dumbledore had said that he didn't believe anyone was helping Black get inside, Lupin was, indirectly, helping Black get inside by keeping silent about his animagus abilities. I never thought about it! Looks like Lupin isn't as decent as I'd thought at first.
I'd like to say, by the way, that Harry didn't save anyone except Black and himself. The Dementors weren't so out of control in third year that they'd perform the Kiss on anyone they find. They were going to give the Kiss to Black because he's a convicted felon, and Harry because he was aiding said felon. Just like they Kissed Barty Crouch Jr, even though McGonagall seemed to be present in that room at the same time.
TheAmberFox chapter 1 . 10/11/2014
I feel that this is Remus bashing. Remus would die for him and in the end, he did. Stupid Snape. I really don't see why people like him so much. He might've been helpful in the last book but he was still a jerk the whole time. If you haven't guessed it, my favorite character is Remus. I also think that Remus didn't get enough credit... well, I better stop typing before I go on Harry bashing or something! Bye! -TheAmberFox
Granatapfel chapter 1 . 10/10/2014
Too bad Severus seems to be the only teacher to think so...
Also, to the other reviewer, Severus DID warn Dumbledore that Lupin was likely to commiserate with Black, Albus just didn't care as usual.
Nice story, that points out the obvious, imo.
RussetBramblePelt chapter 1 . 9/27/2014
Oh my gods, that really made me think. I first thought that this would be some 'oh no James Potter was so mean to me he was the Devil' fic, but it really surprised me.
Qoheleth chapter 1 . 9/20/2014
Dear MissSparkles:

Now here's a thesis as original and compelling as any I've seen on this site in a month of Sundays. I think I may have to adopt it. (Not only does it seal a number of plot holes rather brilliantly, but it also opens a fascinating new window onto one of my own OCs.)

And yet, you know, there's still something to be said in reply to Snape. If I'd been in Harry's position, I think I'd have come back the next day and said, "All right, Professor. Suppose I grant everything you say. Suppose you did have sufficient grounds to conclude that Professor Lupin's subconscious instincts made him unfit to hold a position of responsibility. But, once you'd concluded that, why didn't you *tell* him what you thought? Or, if you didn't think he'd listen to you, why didn't you say something to the Headmaster so that *he* could tell him? After all, you're not saying that Professor Lupin was *consciously* regarding Sirius as his alpha; what reason have you to think that his rational side couldn't take control of his instincts if it were made aware of them?" I'd just like to see Snape's reply to that.

Sincerely,
Qoheleth
mageofmyth chapter 1 . 8/22/2014
Great story. Snape is right, Lupin never put the children first which is part of being a teacher.
Shadow.SSJ chapter 1 . 7/23/2014
That is an interesting way to present things. I liked it :)
8thweasleykid chapter 1 . 7/6/2014
I really liked this!
SlytherinsGoldenGirl chapter 1 . 6/30/2014
Loved! It was interesting how you described Lupin's faults. It never came to mind the whole wolf pack idea. Very interesting.
Alpha-The-Omega chapter 1 . 6/13/2014
Actually, I think you hit the nail on the head with this. While I may not like Snape's methods, how you portrayed him here is wonderful. It brought out a side of him rarely seen in the books... his passion for students.
Mother of Tears chapter 1 . 6/5/2014
I was poking around and found this story of yours. It sounded familiar and it is quite possible that I had read it once before, but I wanted to experience it again. The experience was just as good as it must have been the first time, had I actually read it before. (I can't truly remember. I've read so many stories over the last five years!) So... just in case I didn't review it the first time, I'm sending one now.

Fantastic story! This is JUST how a post-Lupin-departure confrontation by Potter and Snape should go. All the characters were IN CHARACTER (Harry still makes allowances for Lupin based solely on the fact that Lupin made his class fun,) and the reasoning displayed was spot-on. Wonderful!
mandancie chapter 1 . 5/25/2014
oh wow! I so loved this take on this. I loved your reasoning on why Severus outed Remus. :) very good one-shot. :) !:)
131 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »