Reviews for Why?
Alpha-The-Omega chapter 1 . 6/13/2014
Actually, I think you hit the nail on the head with this. While I may not like Snape's methods, how you portrayed him here is wonderful. It brought out a side of him rarely seen in the books... his passion for students.
Mother of Tears chapter 1 . 6/5/2014
I was poking around and found this story of yours. It sounded familiar and it is quite possible that I had read it once before, but I wanted to experience it again. The experience was just as good as it must have been the first time, had I actually read it before. (I can't truly remember. I've read so many stories over the last five years!) So... just in case I didn't review it the first time, I'm sending one now.

Fantastic story! This is JUST how a post-Lupin-departure confrontation by Potter and Snape should go. All the characters were IN CHARACTER (Harry still makes allowances for Lupin based solely on the fact that Lupin made his class fun,) and the reasoning displayed was spot-on. Wonderful!
mandancie chapter 1 . 5/25/2014
oh wow! I so loved this take on this. I loved your reasoning on why Severus outed Remus. :) very good one-shot. :) !:)
KaiPhoenix chapter 1 . 5/22/2014
Huh, I like this explanation. I've heard the one about Lupin forgetting to take the potion and that being the reasoning behind Snape's reveal, but I hadn't considered the other part. I find that I also agree with this. Snape may be petty and cruel and all manner of things, but he does his best to keep students out of danger at the same time. Lupin was very likable, but he couldn't do that.

Well written.

-Kai
RavenEcho chapter 1 . 5/14/2014
I enjoyed it! Nice perspective. Although I can't really see Snape lowering himself to share his thoughts with Harry at this point, or Harry being calm enough to listen. All the same, I liked it!
poppaeasabina chapter 1 . 4/27/2014
It would have been a different series if Snape had been that open, wouldn't it? But thank you SO MUCH
Diverball chapter 1 . 3/11/2014
Nice touch. It’s a very powerful argument. However, it is an argument tinged with hypocrisy, given the things that happen at Hogwarts throughout the series. For all that Snape claims that the first duty of the teaching staff is to protect the students, he gives his loyalty (as, apparently, do all the senior staff) to a man (Dumbledore) who thinks nothing of endangering the students for the sake of his own machinations. The whole staff of Hogwarts should have been fired for conspiring to bring a known Dark Wizard magnet (the Philosophers Stone) into a school. They should have been fired for not closing the school down the moment the first case of Basilisk petrification was found. They should have been fired for the lax policy towards bullying. As a school, Hogwarts is a joke, and it all stems from the top. So Snape really needs to think about this argument harder.
Nightfall Rising chapter 1 . 2/18/2014
An excellent illustration of 'nice is different than good.'
Artizay chapter 1 . 12/16/2013
I have never actually thought about it this way, and though there could have been a more... professional way to get rid of Lupin, it was understandable and you made Snape seem much more deep than the shallow asshole the books make him out to be thanks to Harry's POV.
staretoile chapter 1 . 11/23/2013
Hi,

nice and insidefull story. I never thought about it that way but its's an interesting idea!

Kind regards
Andrea
Samwise O'keefe chapter 1 . 11/10/2013
Love stories that give a reason for a person's actions.

Next time i read book 3 your story will be part of the background to it.
Thank you.
Frosty Wolf chapter 1 . 11/10/2013
Interesting, this brought up some ideas I'd never thought of before. I don't think it excuses everything that Snape did, but it does make him seem more three dimensional. Well written.
NuggetSaurus chapter 1 . 8/16/2013
Wow. Never, ever, in my long lasted potter obsession I have thought it that way. Thank you for sharing, it was very good and very true, but Lupin is still one of my favorite characters ;)
Rosa Mundi chapter 1 . 8/5/2013
That was a good story, and I agree with every word of it.
Illyria934 chapter 1 . 8/4/2013
THANK YOU! This is such an important aspect that is often overlooked by many fans. Over the entire year Lupin consciously jeopardized the lives of not only Harry but of the entire school as well. He could not even be trusted to reliably take the potion that would prevent him from turning him into a monster loose among hundreds of children. Even mere minutes before the rise of the moon, he let Harry untie him after Snape secured him. For someone so obsessed with what being a werewolf means to him, he is awfully lax about keeping others from meeting that same fate.

Sorry, but Remus more than deserved being forced to resign. That's why I hated his commentary to Harry in canon so much, that Severus told his secret because he was now deprived of receiving the Order of Merlin. I guess even after all those years being a Marauder and picking on Snape still comes naturally to him.
119 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »