Reviews for Why?
Qoheleth chapter 1 . 9/20/2014
Dear MissSparkles:

Now here's a thesis as original and compelling as any I've seen on this site in a month of Sundays. I think I may have to adopt it. (Not only does it seal a number of plot holes rather brilliantly, but it also opens a fascinating new window onto one of my own OCs.)

And yet, you know, there's still something to be said in reply to Snape. If I'd been in Harry's position, I think I'd have come back the next day and said, "All right, Professor. Suppose I grant everything you say. Suppose you did have sufficient grounds to conclude that Professor Lupin's subconscious instincts made him unfit to hold a position of responsibility. But, once you'd concluded that, why didn't you *tell* him what you thought? Or, if you didn't think he'd listen to you, why didn't you say something to the Headmaster so that *he* could tell him? After all, you're not saying that Professor Lupin was *consciously* regarding Sirius as his alpha; what reason have you to think that his rational side couldn't take control of his instincts if it were made aware of them?" I'd just like to see Snape's reply to that.

Sincerely,
Qoheleth
mageofmyth chapter 1 . 8/22/2014
Great story. Snape is right, Lupin never put the children first which is part of being a teacher.
Shadow.SSJ chapter 1 . 7/23/2014
That is an interesting way to present things. I liked it :)
8thweasleykid chapter 1 . 7/6/2014
I really liked this!
SlytherinsGoldenGirl chapter 1 . 6/30/2014
Loved! It was interesting how you described Lupin's faults. It never came to mind the whole wolf pack idea. Very interesting.
Alpha-The-Omega chapter 1 . 6/13/2014
Actually, I think you hit the nail on the head with this. While I may not like Snape's methods, how you portrayed him here is wonderful. It brought out a side of him rarely seen in the books... his passion for students.
Mother of Tears chapter 1 . 6/5/2014
I was poking around and found this story of yours. It sounded familiar and it is quite possible that I had read it once before, but I wanted to experience it again. The experience was just as good as it must have been the first time, had I actually read it before. (I can't truly remember. I've read so many stories over the last five years!) So... just in case I didn't review it the first time, I'm sending one now.

Fantastic story! This is JUST how a post-Lupin-departure confrontation by Potter and Snape should go. All the characters were IN CHARACTER (Harry still makes allowances for Lupin based solely on the fact that Lupin made his class fun,) and the reasoning displayed was spot-on. Wonderful!
mandancie chapter 1 . 5/25/2014
oh wow! I so loved this take on this. I loved your reasoning on why Severus outed Remus. :) very good one-shot. :) !:)
KaiPhoenix chapter 1 . 5/22/2014
Huh, I like this explanation. I've heard the one about Lupin forgetting to take the potion and that being the reasoning behind Snape's reveal, but I hadn't considered the other part. I find that I also agree with this. Snape may be petty and cruel and all manner of things, but he does his best to keep students out of danger at the same time. Lupin was very likable, but he couldn't do that.

Well written.

-Kai
RavenEcho chapter 1 . 5/14/2014
I enjoyed it! Nice perspective. Although I can't really see Snape lowering himself to share his thoughts with Harry at this point, or Harry being calm enough to listen. All the same, I liked it!
poppaeasabina chapter 1 . 4/27/2014
It would have been a different series if Snape had been that open, wouldn't it? But thank you SO MUCH
Diverball chapter 1 . 3/11/2014
Nice touch. It’s a very powerful argument. However, it is an argument tinged with hypocrisy, given the things that happen at Hogwarts throughout the series. For all that Snape claims that the first duty of the teaching staff is to protect the students, he gives his loyalty (as, apparently, do all the senior staff) to a man (Dumbledore) who thinks nothing of endangering the students for the sake of his own machinations. The whole staff of Hogwarts should have been fired for conspiring to bring a known Dark Wizard magnet (the Philosophers Stone) into a school. They should have been fired for not closing the school down the moment the first case of Basilisk petrification was found. They should have been fired for the lax policy towards bullying. As a school, Hogwarts is a joke, and it all stems from the top. So Snape really needs to think about this argument harder.
Nightfall Rising chapter 1 . 2/18/2014
An excellent illustration of 'nice is different than good.'
Aurenrose chapter 1 . 12/16/2013
I have never actually thought about it this way, and though there could have been a more... professional way to get rid of Lupin, it was understandable and you made Snape seem much more deep than the shallow asshole the books make him out to be thanks to Harry's POV.
staretoile chapter 1 . 11/23/2013
Hi,

nice and insidefull story. I never thought about it that way but its's an interesting idea!

Kind regards