Reviews for Why?
whatweareafreaidof chapter 1 . 8/28/2012
great story, and a very logic one, snape maybe a jerk but would die for harry, same with dumbodor, lupin should have told.
Miriam1 chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
You know... Severus was quite logical, and your way explained a LOT about why Remus never wrote to Harry after Third Year.

It is very sad, because Remus is a likable character, but Severus's analysis (or rather, YOUR analysis) of Remus' reasoning makes far too much sense. At least he was gentle about how he described the situation to Harry.

He also revealed that he really DOES care about Harry, in a dutiful, if oblique, fashion.

Nicely done.

Sincerely,
Miriam
Kosaji chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
Yes! God I'm so happy someone wrote this! I find that as I read the books again, or even the "insert name" reads harry potter series fics I find the adults in Harry Potter seriously flawed. Like McGonagall not checking up on the stone after 3 first years show they know of it and the detention in the forest. tsk, tsk! I didn't really think of the pack mentality, but I did find it strange that Remus let the Marauders back into his life after Sirius almost killed Snape, and almost had him killed too, b/c if Snape died, then Remus would be outed and killed. And I so agree about the not telling Dumbledore about the animagus transformation. I know in one fic the person justified that by saying that the Marauders have an oath not to tell without permission from another Marauder, but the canon had no such justification. I agree with the points as well, Remus does have a habit of being untrustworthy, I mean, he was willing to run out on his pregnant wife because he was afraid. The only reason he did not was because Harry yelled at him, which could be seen as Remus listening to the alpha b/c Harry looks so much like James.
Anyways, good fic! And I hope you get all of your Hogwarts Reads Harry Potter series up at that other site!
Kosaji
HarnGin chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
It's a much nicer theory than Snape doing it out of petty revenge. Thanks.
ShortySC22 chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
Loved this story! I loved how you had Severus describe Lupin's faults because I feel, since the books are from Harry's perspective, you only see Harry's idol worship of Lupin and Sirius especially in Prisoner of Azkaban.
Librasmile chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
You know that's always what's creeped me out about Lupin. I mean David Thewlis and I guess Rowling made him seem like such a sweetie and in one on one interaction, Snape aside, he is. But yet he'd rather let Harry get killed then stop Sirius. He's like sweet, candy-coated evil. Great story. Someone really DID need to set Harry straight. Too bad it never happened.
anaraz chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
wow
I liked the idea of pack mentality.

good fic. thank you for it
Guest chapter 1 . 8/25/2012
Awesome job
LuckyCat1 chapter 1 . 8/21/2012
Interesting. I always thought it was weird that Lupin never told anyone about Sirius being an illegal animagus considering how easy it would have been for Sirius to kidnap/kill Harry. I also thought it was interesting how you explained pack mentality and the fact that James and Sirius were Dominants while Lupin was a submissive. It would explain why he was so weak-willed that he believed everything he was told.
Taboo22 chapter 1 . 8/21/2012
That was a great story and made me think as well as realize something that I hadn't before. thanks for writing!
Miss.Pip chapter 1 . 8/18/2012
This is good and could be used as prequel for HP SS mentor story.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/18/2012
Very interesting !
Snapegirlkmf chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
I liked your take on why Severus didn't trust Remus and about why Remus behaved the way he did. It makes sense that he would have a pack mentality and also want to make Dumbledore proud of him, because, in a weird way, Dumbledore is the "alpha" of the students.

I could see Sirius as being his alpha in dog form, but James is a stag "a prey animal" according to a predator like a werewolf, so I think it more likely that Remus in his were form would obey Sirius rather than James. I could see Sirius trying to drive the werewolf into the forest to hunt, and Promgs acting as a "decoy" and making Moony chase him, the way a real deer would. Prongs was incredibly foolish and also lucky to do such a thing, he's lucky Moony didn't catch him and eat him! I'm assuming that a werewolf has faster reflexes and endurance than a regular wolf.

In human form, however, he would be a follower to both James and Sirius.

And Severus was right, Remus did betray his teacher's obligation by not putting the students first. When he came to the school, he should have told Dumbledore immediately about the secret passage beneath the humpback witch statue so it could have been sealed, that would not have been "betraying" Sirius, just making sure the castle was safe. He should have also taught his students about ways to defeat a shapeshifter or an Animagi, so they could defend themselves against one.

In a way, Harry was lucky Pettigrew was so brain dead and cowardly, because he could have easily taken Harry out in first year, since Scabbers slept with Ron. How easy would it have been for Peter to shift forms and either kill or kidnap Harry and turn him over to Voldemort? It's amazing the dumb butt didn't think of that himself.

After Sirius was discovered in Gryffindor Tower, Remus should have definitely come forward and said something to Dumbledore about Sirius the black dog, or he could have warned Harry not to go anywhere near an animal like that if he happened to see one. By not even telling Harry, he showed he was really irresponsible and did care more for Sirius than he did Harry. And forgetting to take the Wolfbane was just utterly stupid and criminal.

I was kind of surprised that Harry was shocked that Sev said he would die for him, especially after knowing Snape saved his life in first year and risked his neck again in the Shack when Remus transformed. Did he not remember that? Did he also forget the way Snape covered for the trio and told the Minister and Albus that they were bespelled, and not that they deliberately attacked a teacher? Something which might have gotten them expelled? Those kids really should thank Snape for saving their asses with that little cover up. He could have been a nasty git and told about how they had hexed him. Then again, Harry never did give Severus the benefit of the doubt in the books. He was always ready to put the blame on him, no matter what.

Good story!
Lady Cavalier chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
I think I love you.

You kept Snape in character - although I do love my Daddy Snape moments! - and Harry as well. I loved the fact that you also included the pack mentality for Lupin and it was wonderful reading that Snape would die for them all! Oh, the fuzzies!

I hope you continue to write stories like this, as I will surely continue to read them.

Cheers!
Jakves chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
Great insight, gave me a whole new perspective. I'd never thought much about Lupin that way, now I'll have to reconsider.
98 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »