Reviews for Why?
Guest chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
Your analysis is brilliant and I only wish that someone in cannon realized this. The only people I think actually would are snape and hermione. I do believe hermione would have thought of it if not for the fact that sirius turned out to be innocent.
trinculolo chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
i love the ending!
Bribles chapter 1 . 9/21/2012
I think that this is a great explination for why Snape did what he did! I just wish rowling didn't make him such an ass in the book! I wish we had a more caring Snape.
Kniga-Sitara chapter 1 . 9/11/2012
Yes! That is right! that is what I mean about Lupin and Black! Thanks for this story!
kitty-gurl1 chapter 1 . 9/8/2012
i've never really seen it written this way before and yet i have to completely agree on your take of this. it's an amazing piece
Sheankelor chapter 1 . 9/4/2012
You successfully put into words for me what I was thinking. Good job! I love the way you wrote Harry, and the calm way Snape dealt with him. The last part was spot on. Thanks for writing this!
Cricket244 chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
I always love it when some does a different take on the motivations of the characters or points out flaws. Not that I don't love the books but taking a different look at them is fun. Thanks for the story, it really brought attention to some of the flaws in Remus' reasoning.
hazeldragon chapter 1 . 8/30/2012
Fabulous job! I think you portrayed the characters in a new perspective and also made me ponder on a part of Remus' character that I had not considered before. I wonder though, whether Remus' reactions stemmed from his submissive wolf instincts or from his own cowardice. This is the same man who was willing to abandon his wife and child because he was scared that his child could be a werewolf. It is rather strange, isn't it? Remus and Pettigrew both showed signs of cowardice and they were sorted into Gryffindor, while Snape was quite brave throughout the series and was sorted into Slytherin. Perhaps, they sort too soon!
sunsethill chapter 1 . 8/29/2012
Remus is a thoroughly weak man. As with so many other characters, I thought Rowling had allowed Remus to overcome his weaknesses, but in DH he's ready to drop his responsibility to his pregant wife and unborn child to run off with Harry. You point out the truth of PoA clearly in this story. I wish someone in canon had pointed this out to Harry.
whatweareafreaidof chapter 1 . 8/28/2012
great story, and a very logic one, snape maybe a jerk but would die for harry, same with dumbodor, lupin should have told.
Miriam1 chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
You know... Severus was quite logical, and your way explained a LOT about why Remus never wrote to Harry after Third Year.

It is very sad, because Remus is a likable character, but Severus's analysis (or rather, YOUR analysis) of Remus' reasoning makes far too much sense. At least he was gentle about how he described the situation to Harry.

He also revealed that he really DOES care about Harry, in a dutiful, if oblique, fashion.

Nicely done.

Sincerely,
Miriam
Kosaji chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
Yes! God I'm so happy someone wrote this! I find that as I read the books again, or even the "insert name" reads harry potter series fics I find the adults in Harry Potter seriously flawed. Like McGonagall not checking up on the stone after 3 first years show they know of it and the detention in the forest. tsk, tsk! I didn't really think of the pack mentality, but I did find it strange that Remus let the Marauders back into his life after Sirius almost killed Snape, and almost had him killed too, b/c if Snape died, then Remus would be outed and killed. And I so agree about the not telling Dumbledore about the animagus transformation. I know in one fic the person justified that by saying that the Marauders have an oath not to tell without permission from another Marauder, but the canon had no such justification. I agree with the points as well, Remus does have a habit of being untrustworthy, I mean, he was willing to run out on his pregnant wife because he was afraid. The only reason he did not was because Harry yelled at him, which could be seen as Remus listening to the alpha b/c Harry looks so much like James.
Anyways, good fic! And I hope you get all of your Hogwarts Reads Harry Potter series up at that other site!
Kosaji
HarnGin chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
It's a much nicer theory than Snape doing it out of petty revenge. Thanks.
ShortySC22 chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
Loved this story! I loved how you had Severus describe Lupin's faults because I feel, since the books are from Harry's perspective, you only see Harry's idol worship of Lupin and Sirius especially in Prisoner of Azkaban.
Librasmile chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
You know that's always what's creeped me out about Lupin. I mean David Thewlis and I guess Rowling made him seem like such a sweetie and in one on one interaction, Snape aside, he is. But yet he'd rather let Harry get killed then stop Sirius. He's like sweet, candy-coated evil. Great story. Someone really DID need to set Harry straight. Too bad it never happened.
122 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 .. Last Next »